What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 V Eels

mxlegend99

Referee
Or Moylans full of shit. Nothing can take place without his say so and agreeing to it all.

He may have found out they approved/finalised it the day its announced. But its impossible not to have known what was going on.

mxlegend99

Referee
Yeah. And you believe that shit?

His own words in the article contradict each other. We had Gus come out and say he and Carty threw away opportunities.

“It all happened pretty quick from when I found out to when I signed here was all within a couple of days. I think I found out the same day it was in the media.”

Everyone involved wants to spin the story so they dont look like the bad guy.

Its impossible to be released to another club without any prior knowledge or agreeing to it. Everyone involved cla

mxlegend99

Referee
I dont buy Moylan or Gus version of events. They're all telling the story that paints them in the best light.

The reality is a mix of all the stories. But come on... not knowing until the media announced it? His manager would need sacking if that were true and he would need to sue everyone involved for breaking his contract behind his back.

Deadset.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Yeah. And you believe that shit?

His own words in the article contradict each other. We had Gus come out and say he and Carty threw away opportunities.

Everyone involved wants to spin the story so they dont look like the bad guy.

Its impossible to be released to another club without any prior knowledge or agreeing to it.

I firmly believe he didn’t think he was leaving Penrith until the day it was announced, just like it says in this story.

He may well have been asked if he was open to leaving should a deal be done, but he told way to many people that he was staying.

Not that it matters, he’s a shark now, Peachey’s a Panther and is going to rip in all year.

mxlegend99

Referee
I firmly believe he didn’t think he was leaving Penrith until the day it was announced, just like it says in this story.

He may well have been asked if he was open to leaving should a deal be done, but he told way to many people that he was staying.

Not that it matters, he’s a shark now, Peachey’s a Panther and is going to rip in all year.
By his own words:

Pressed further on the matter and why the time had suddenly now come to leave Penrith, Moylan said his departure was as much about his development on the field as it was off it.

“Just to develop as a player and try and play the footy I wanted to and to grow as a person as well,” he said.

“It was probably best for me personally to move on and get a new challenge and a new outlook at a different club.”

Sounds like he knew in advance he was leaving and wanted to leave. Also this claim just isnt possible.

Moylan avoided questions on that matter on Sunday, but claimed he only learned of Shane Flanagan and Phil Gould’s plan to swap he and fellow star five-eighth James Maloney on the same day it was revealed in the media.

“I was probably a bit shocked by it but at the same time I’m looking forward to a new opportunity at a new club,” he said.

“It all happened pretty quick from when I found out to when I signed here was all within a couple of days. I think I found out the same day it was in the media.”
He had a contract. They couldnt do that without his knowledge or consent.

The clubs spinning it one way. He's spinning it the other. He should be taking us to court if this is true. I sure as hell would.

Edit
Unless ofcourse he means he found out when the rumours started. But thats weeks before it actually happened and by then its hardly a shock.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Why could Penrith and Cronulla not discuss a player swap with two contracted players, without their knowledge?

How is that impossible?

Theoretically, The players don’t need to know anything until the proposal is put to them and they have to decide Yes or No.

I do doubt that Moylan was completely clueless and it wasn’t being discussed.

But, I don’t think he knew that the deal had been done until the last minute. Either that or he went out of his way to lie to a bunch of people he really didn’t need too.

That’s what I think anyway. No point trying to change my mind, so let’s forget about Moylan. It’s clear you think he and Gus are full of shit. So let’s leave it at that.

franklin2323

Immortal
:joy::joy: of course he knew. How did Flanagan know he was available for the swap? How did he know Moylan's terms?

Maloney said he thought it was a done deal a month before it went through. Then got a call from his manager saying no deal then in WC duties it was on. Called Moylan to make sure they were cool with it..

That version sounds more believable

mxlegend99

Referee
So you think Gus and Flanagan hashed out all the details of a swap between two high profile players under contract before they knew those players would be onboard?

Like they're going to waste their time. Do all that and one or both come back and say nah not interested. Their times too valuable to waste on shit thats a long shot.

October 4th we denied that he had requested a release to join the Sharks in a trade for Maloney

November 9th that very situation occurs

There's no way both parties aren't twisting this story. As the articles said it was the worst kept secret. Yet everyone involved claims not to have known until the day it happened.

Its a miracle.

mxlegend99

Referee
If Moylans claim were true. Everyone else in the team would have to be worried. They could all wake up one day to find Gus traded them to another club.

I suppose thats one way to beat the Eels. Dont have players fighting for a top 17 spot. Have them fight to keep thrir contracts.

If Moylans claim were true. Everyone else in the team would have to be worried. They could all wake up one day to find Gus traded them to another club.

I suppose thats one way to beat the Eels. Dont have players fighting for a top 17 spot. Have them fight to keep thrir contracts.
They should already be worried. No way you can trust this clubs management

Exsilium

Coach
The golden boy who got the tap for repeatedly not doing the right thing by the club and his teammates feels blindsided.

Please, if you believe that then you want to believe the club is in crisis and that Gus is an evil tyrant intent on sinking the club with his ego. Griffin is a halfwit follower and the rest of the team must be hellbent on “tanking” to see them all gone.

Happy Monday.

The golden boy who got the tap for repeatedly not doing the right thing by the club and his teammates feels blindsided.

Please, if you believe that then you want to believe the club is in crisis and that Gus is an evil tyrant intent on sinking the club with his ego. Griffin is a halfwit follower and the rest of the team must be hellbent on “tanking” to see them all gone.

Happy Monday.
Half of that is true