What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 V Eels

kinghippo

Juniors
There should be some good match up this weekend.
I am hoping to see Cleary brush Moses on his way to the try line.
JFH colliding with Mau Mau
Waqa going straight over the top of the lame plane and RCG carrying the eels pack up and down the field for about 200m

OldPanther

Coach
There should be some good match up this weekend.
I am hoping to see Cleary brush Moses on his way to the try line.
JFH colliding with Mau Mau
Waqa going straight over the top of the lame plane and RCG carrying the eels pack up and down the field for about 200m

It's funny because it's true. RCG going easy on them? Makes sense they'll get going as the season goes.

Pomoz

Bench
The Eels will be well up for this and Hayne will want to prove a point. I'm not expecting us to win this to be honest. I just want us to be competitive. If Hayne fires this year the Eels are a good chance of going all the way. Moses, Norman and Bevan is a good spine combination, throw in Hayne and Jennings in the centres and gulp, they will be very potent even without Radrada. Brad Arthur has shown he can steer the ship well even with the terrible scandals they had.

OldPanther

Coach
The Eels will be well up for this and Hayne will want to prove a point. I'm not expecting us to win this to be honest. I just want us to be competitive. If Hayne fires this year the Eels are a good chance of going all the way. Moses, Norman and Bevan is a good spine combination, throw in Hayne and Jennings in the centres and gulp, they will be very potent even without Radrada. Brad Arthur has shown he can steer the ship well even with the terrible scandals they had.

Don't forget Gutherson. He's one of their best.

Early mail

NATHAN Cleary will take charge of goal-kicking duties for Penrith this season after James Maloney told him he could have the gig.

Maloney arrived at the foot of the mountains over the summer with a career goal-kicking record of 80.8 per cent.

But the five-eighth is happy for 20-year-old halfback Cleary, who is striking them at a whopping 86.3 per cent, to be the first-choice kicker.

Christian Crichton, a Samoan Penrith junior, will debut on the right wing should Dallin Watene-Zelezniak not overcome an ankle injury.

Dean Whare is also struggling with a hamstring injury.

Watene-Zelezniak remains hopeful despite sustaining an ankle sprain in early February.
If Watene-Zelezniak’s bid for an early return does fall short, he’s a certainty to return for next week’s clash with South Sydney.

“I’ve ticked off a few boxes. I’m just getting ready for this week’s training sessions and we’ll see what happens,” Watene-Zelezniak told The Daily Telegraph.

“I’m scheduled for round two, but touch and go for this week.”

Watene-Zelezniak would line up on the right wing and has had Whare and Waqa Blake training with him at right centre over the course of the pre-season.

Whare has been Watene-Zelezniak’s centre partner for club and country in the past.

“Him and Waqa have been swapping in,” Watene-Zelezniak said.

“I don’t know what the coach will do there but whatever he does I’m sure that person will do the job.”
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...8/news-story/cd9bacbc2742509875ccfb57f5e94428

Fangs

Coach
Whare covered by Peachey.

Would prefer DWZ rests the week. Sunday forecast is very hot. You'd expect the back 3 to take plenty of carries.

mxlegend99

Referee
Could be a blessing in disguise if Whare misses out.

Peachey will be left. Blake will be right. Whare when fit would surely replace Peachey straight up. Rather than move Blake across.

I think Blake needs to be right centre. Whare left. But in the past Blakes been the guy moving around.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
I’ll just leave this here for any of the Peachey doubters to have a watch. Although he’s probably lying as well! :laughing::wink:

tripster

Juniors
The biggest concern I have is our defence out wide close to the line. All the more so with Whare in doubt. We didn't slide well and conceded a lot of tries on the edges. We really need settled combinations out wide (I accept that is currently impossible due to injuries).