What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 v Sharks

Dragonslayer

First Grade
So lads, ladettes and ladies, we are just 1 week away from our first official team list for 2021 season and 12 days from facing our eneny the Sharks.

This game will be tighter than mosr predict, Sharks with SJ become very vulnerable.

My round 1 team is: (i dont see much change if any from the CS team other than Norman)
1. Dufty
2. Ramsey
3. Bird
4 Lomax
5. Periera
6. Sullivan
7. Hunt
8. Faama
9. Macca
10. Vaughan
11. Sims
12. Kerr
13. Lawrie

14. Clune
15. Ellis
16. Alvaro
17. Fui

I dont see Hook changing things too much, at least for the first couple of rounds.
I think Fui will come on at edge at some point in the game and Kerr will move into the middle depending on how we are going. If its going well then Fui will go to lock to give Lawrie a spell.
Clune will be used as the hooker/halves utility.

Anyway these are just my thoughts, you guys may have something different and thats ok.

Onwards and upwards Dragons fans :dragon::dragon:

TomRedVRiver

Bench
I've got Bird at 13 and Feagai starting at 3. Just can't stomach Lawrie, Merrin or Ellis at lock.
Happy for Bird to start at centre too, Zac/Bird is a dynamic pairing so whatever works.

Dufty
Ramsey
Feagai
Lomax
Rava
Sullivan
Hunt
Farmer
Macca
Vaughan
Sims
Ford
Bird

Ellis
Kerr
Alvaro
Fui/Lawrie

It's gonna be a long season, folks.

Walpole

Juniors
So lads, ladettes and ladies, we are just 1 week away from our first official team list for 2021 season and 12 days from facing our eneny the Sharks.

This game will be tighter than mosr predict, Sharks with SJ become very vulnerable.

My round 1 team is: (i dont see much change if any from the CS team other than Norman)
1. Dufty
2. Ramsey
3. Bird
4 Lomax
5. Periera
6. Sullivan
7. Hunt
8. Faama
9. Macca
10. Vaughan
11. Sims
12. Kerr
13. Lawrie

14. Clune
15. Ellis
16. Alvaro
17. Fui

I dont see Hook changing things too much, at least for the first couple of rounds.
I think Fui will come on at edge at some point in the game and Kerr will move into the middle depending on how we are going. If its going well then Fui will go to lock to give Lawrie a spell.
Clune will be used as the hooker/halves utility.

Anyway these are just my thoughts, you guys may have something different and thats ok.

Onwards and upwards Dragons fans :dragon::dragon:
I like Bird in the centres, but I reckon we might need Ravalawa instead of Pereira bringing the ball back. Hopefully Sullivan gets the 6. Forwards are a lottery, don't know if Kerr is up to playing on the edge but it will be interesting to see how we look against a less formidable team than the Rabbits.

This Year?

Immortal
I like Bird in the centres, but I reckon we might need Ravalawa instead of Pereira bringing the ball back. Hopefully Sullivan gets the 6. Forwards are a lottery, don't know if Kerr is up to playing on the edge but it will be interesting to see how we look against a less formidable team than the Rabbits.
I know this is going against what just about everyone has said about Kerr on the edge but I'd be willing to give it some more time to see how he goes. If that fails after a month or 2 I'd put Faam there instead. Our whole forward pack looked lethargic in the CS so I'm not sure if it's a heat/fitness/effort/preservation issue.

Back to the game itself, if we can't get ourselves up mentally for a derby than I will be very concerned.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I know this is going against what just about everyone has said about Kerr on the edge but I'd be willing to give it some more time to see how he goes. If that fails after a month or 2 I'd put Faam there instead. Our whole forward pack looked lethargic in the CS so I'm not sure if it's a heat/fitness/effort/preservation issue.

Back to the game itself, if we can't get ourselves up mentally for a derby than I will be very concerned.

I agree, give Kerr some time, because I feel he could become a weapon there.

To sack him after 1 game is Mary like, akin to when Kurt Mann was given 1 game then punted.

I know we need some props and young JHunt will help if he's signed. DeBelin will also more likely play prop but may get pushed back to lock if his court case is successful. This wouls then free up Lawrie back to prop rotation or add DeBelin to it.

George Sancti

Juniors
I heard a report on the 2SM sports show that the tactic adopted by the Sharks during a trial against the Bulldogs was for Wade Graham to rough up the Bulldogs halfback at every opportunity. Apparently the tactic worked and significantly impacted young Flannigan’s game. If this cowardly tactic is used against the Dragons' half, I hope that one of our forwards such as Paul Vaughn or Daniel Alvaro sorts Wade Graham out (legally) early in the game.

This Year?

Immortal
I heard a report on the 2SM sports show that the tactic adopted by the Sharks during a trial against the Bulldogs was for Wade Graham to rough up the Bulldogs halfback at every opportunity. Apparently the tactic worked and significantly impacted young Flannigan’s game. If this cowardly tactic is used against the Dragons' half, I hope that one of our forwards such as Paul Vaughn or Daniel Alvaro sorts Wade Graham out (legally) early in the game.
It won't happen. That's the kinda stuff we let sides do which shits me to no end.

TruSaint

Referee

An old tactic that's as useful today as it was in the 70's.
So long as he didnt illegally hurt the guy, then that's footy.
Intimidation still works. Unlike us, who let Willie Mason mic'd up tell us how soft we are.

George Sancti

Juniors
An old tactic that's as useful today as it was in the 70's.
So long as he didnt illegally hurt the guy, then that's footy.
Intimidation still works. Unlike us, who let Willie Mason mic'd up tell us how soft we are.

I agree TruSaint it has happened in the past and will continue to happen into the future. However, if a couple of forwards who are the same size as Graham respond in kind, it may take the sting out of Graham's approach.

redv13

Bench
The Sharks have some weird hoodoo where they lose round 1 every season. The opposite of the Storm who win every round 1.
SJ out, surely we turn up and compete in this game? Surely!!!
Regardless of the absolute garbage dished out on Saturday night, if the boys can’t get up for a round 1 local derby at Kogarah then they may as well piss off now. For f**ks sake fire up boys and rip the Sharks a new one

St Tangles

Bench

I'd put Kerr back in the middle and try Vaughan on the edges his more athletic and has better lateral movement and motor

George Dragon

Juniors
It really is slim pickings.
No JDB or McInnes
I don't think Blacker or the twins are ready yet.
Wiliame and Britain are not FGers.
Merrin should never play FG again.
Norman suspended.
That leaves 19 to choose from.
A winger misses out and a half or forward.
Our forwards are weak, can we afford to carry a utility on the bench.
I think Jordy and Bud miss out.
If Hunt gets added this week, I'd throw him straight in.

Latest posts