What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 10 Panthers V Storm

You must remember we have a new young and inexperienced left side. No Capewell or Burton no To'o for four weeks and of course Staines who has not I believe played in a losing side at home was not in against Parra.
It is what happened to Parra last year. Now they have beaten both us and Melbourne and now $9 odds to win looks appealing.

Iamback

Coach
You must remember we have a new young and inexperienced left side. No Capewell or Burton no To'o for four weeks and of course Staines who has not I believe played in a losing side at home was not in against Parra.

That explains the left but Cleary and Martin ( Who was the worst player on the field ) have been struggling too.

I would put us at 7/10 for the year. Doing plenty right but also work to do

Panfa

Juniors
Luai is a better 6 than Burton any day of the week.Burton is a good footballer but he's not a 6 can't control a game.At centre he was great at 5/8 not so great.We will beat the storm I'm confident of that.This game will bring out the best in luai and cleary don't worry.I just hope we bring in sorenson for either Kenny or salmon.Leave eisenhuth in there for size or call blacker up.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Luai is a better 6 than Burton any day of the week.Burton is a good footballer but he's not a 6 can't control a game.At centre he was great at 5/8 not so great.We will beat the storm I'm confident of that.This game will bring out the best in luai and cleary don't worry.I just hope we bring in sorenson for either Kenny or salmon.Leave eisenhuth in there for size or call blacker up.
Luai can't control a game either, infact he's worse at it than Burton.

Parra are no chance to win the comp. I'll give you 20s if you want
I usually agree with alot of what you say, but this is Parra's last chance and the club knows it. I know it is early but as all have been saying us and Melbourne are heavy weights and gap after that, however Parra have beaten both and away from home. Moses has dramatically improved and D. Brown is a quality 5/8. JR Paulo, Brown, Matterson, RCG leading upfront. I can see it.

martielang

Bench
I'd half get the pro-Burton argument if he was braining it for the Bulldogs or even if he had been playing at 1st grade standard for the majority of the year.

Luai on the other hand has been solid for us all year and particularly good in the first 6 weeks. A quiet game last week, where his halves partner was inferior, and it's like he's been throwing up 2/10's the whole season.

Burtons a serious talent but we've just won a comp with Luai at 6 and we're 8 - 1 to start the new season... not sure this is an ideal time for the pro-Burton brigade to be saying I told you so.

Team List https://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/news/2022/05/10/nrl-teamlist-round-10/

1. Dylan EDWARDS - sponsored by El Gringos Locos
2. Taylan MAY - sponsored by Cetnaj Wetherill Park
3. Izack TAGO - sponsored by Chemtools
4. Stephen CRICHTON - sponsored by Potter Automotive
5. Brian TO'O - sponsored by Wisdom Dental and Denture Clinic
6. Jarome LUAI - sponsored by CC Tyres Penrith
7. Nathan CLEARY (c) - sponsored by Hix Group
8. Moses LEOTA - sponsored by East Blaxland Butchery
9. Apisai KOROISAU - sponsored by Soneta Plumbing
10. James FISHER-HARRIS - sponsored by Wright Way Plumbing & Civil
11. Viliame KIKAU - sponsored by Fornari's Interior Linings
12. Liam MARTIN - sponsored by Protech Locksmiths
13. Isaah YEO (c) - sponsored by Hertz

14. Mitch KENNY - sponsored by Casella Express
15. Scott SORENSEN - sponsored by Granville Plastamasta
16. Spencer LENIU - sponsored by MKJ Projects
17. Jaeman SALMON - sponsored by Chardon & Abbott Home Loans

18. Robert JENNINGS - sponsored by Stylus Blinds
19. Chris SMITH - sponsored by You. Me. Brand. Now.
20. J'maine HOPGOOD - sponsored by You. Me. Brand. Now.
21. Sean O'SULLIVAN - sponsored by You. Me. Brand. Now.
22. Matt EISENHUTH - sponsored by You. Me. Brand. Now.
23. Soni LUKE - sponsored by Royce's Big Walk
24. Charlie STAINES - sponsored by Royce's Big Walk

Smug Panther

First Grade
Ivan's off his f**king head keeping both Kenny and Salmon and dropping Eisenhuth.

I'm no fan of Huth and could handle him missing out for Smith, Hopgood etc.

But not for Kenny or Salmon. One utility is plenty.
Trying to cover for every possible injury is foolish. He hasn't learned his lesson from May.
Critter and Api cover 1-7, just pick any second rower and trust them to defend at centre if needed. Salmon isn't good enough to be out there

The_Frog

First Grade
Ivan's off his f**king head keeping both Kenny and Salmon and dropping Eisenhuth.

I'm no fan of Huth and could handle him missing out for Smith, Hopgood etc.

But not for Kenny or Salmon. One utility is plenty.
That would be correct if we had one.