What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 10 team

Mickthedragon

Juniors
For what it's worth, and not like it would make any difference... my side for next weekend would be:

1 Lomax 2 Sloan 3 Feagai 4 Feagai 5 Rava 6 Hunt 7 Sullivan 13 JdB 12 Su'a 11 BMM 10 Lawrie 9 Liddell 8 Kerr
14 Couchman 15 Lui-Toso 16 Suli (2nd row) 17 Molo 18 J Hunt

Sloan is not a fullback's butthole, but as a winger he could be as valuable as Blacklock was in the past. Lomax is my FB choice simply cos he isn't Mybe. The Feagai twins are centres, so play them there FFS. Suli has size but no brains. Let him run out wide as an edge forward, try and bend or break the line and stop trying to be "creative". Bird can rot in KoE, as can Mbye and Burns. They effin' stink.
Not a bad option at this point.
Sloan is lacking confidence and could be anything down the wing.
Amone needs a spell or to the bench as utility. Bird, Burns and Mbye should be in Koe cup for a while. Lomax to fb could be a goer. Get his hands on the footy!
Hunt needs to do more for this team, been a shadow of last season.

BTB

Juniors
For what it's worth, and not like it would make any difference... my side for next weekend would be:

1 Lomax 2 Sloan 3 Feagai 4 Feagai 5 Rava 6 Hunt 7 Sullivan 13 JdB 12 Su'a 11 BMM 10 Lawrie 9 Liddell 8 Kerr

Sloan is not a fullback's butthole, but as a winger he could be as valuable as Blacklock was in the past. Lomax is my FB choice simply cos he isn't Mybe. The Feagai twins are centres, so play them there FFS. Suli has size but no brains. Let him run out wide as an edge forward, try and bend or break the line and stop trying to be "creative". Bird can rot in KoE, as can Mbye and Burns. They effin' stink.
Great call, they're also my
Changes. Except for Kerr as prop. He's gone for nine.
Young Prop (Hunt) to replace Kerr.

jeffdragon

Bench
Again, we couldn't close the game up. It was a typical down the bottom of the table game between two struggling joint venture teams. Both sides would have been walloped by any of the current top 8 teams.

A win by us would have given us a moment of happiness but even if we did win, it would have been a "meh" one. But unfortunately it was the same ending as the last few games.

We need a decent coach with decent players even to make the top 8.

id take a win today.
Not once but 5 times.
Hook said we will learn.
Is that this century ?

VodkaSaint

Juniors

Feagai's and Amone are not the future , while the Feagai's are solid at best they will not get any better and wont win us a grand final , sloan maybe best shifted to the wing for a while until he bulks up and improves.

RedV Resurgence

Juniors
I think Ben Hint needs a break. Looking at him in the press conferences over the past two weeks, its all got too much for him.

He needs a break and when he comes back (in the hooker role), he should not be the captain.

The fact that players are continuing to make mistakes, give away stupid penalties drop the ball and make no yardage in the final 10-15 minutes of the game is a reflection of his captaincy.

Where is our director of Football? Haran?

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Feagai's and Amone are not the future , while the Feagai's are solid at best they will not get any better and wont win us a grand final , sloan maybe best shifted to the wing for a while until he bulks up and improves.
They’re young kids. Problem is, they aren’t well coached. They are in a shitty system there the coaches focus on who the f**k knows…everything but becoming better footy players

justadragon

Bench
I said many weeks ago that if Hook wasnt the future then it would be untenable to keep him at the Dragons. Anyone watching that game whether you are a Dragons fan or not can see how poorly coached we are. The players are showing no interest in playing for the coach, and the idiotic plays in both defence and attack are just more living proof that they just cant be coached by Griffin any longer. If we are waiting for something to happen with another coach then we need the assistants as care takers now. I'd like to give anyone as much time to start fixing this mess and build for 2024, we cant do it with Hook there. In every aspect of the game we are a shambles, and that rests squarely with the coach.

Dragon for life

Juniors
Not a bad option at this point.
Sloan is lacking confidence and could be anything down the wing.
Amone needs a spell or to the bench as utility. Bird, Burns and Mbye should be in Koe cup for a while. Lomax to fb could be a goer. Get his hands on the footy!
Hunt needs to do more for this team, been a shadow of last season.
Sloan won’t even return the ball after a kick, he always tries to find a winger. And i’m also sure that if there wasn’t one around he would probably kick it.

steerlerbab

Juniors
I said many weeks ago that if Hook wasnt the future then it would be untenable to keep him at the Dragons. Anyone watching that game whether you are a Dragons fan or not can see how poorly coached we are. The players are showing no interest in playing for the coach, and the idiotic plays in both defence and attack are just more living proof that they just cant be coached by Griffin any longer. If we are waiting for something to happen with another coach then we need the assistants as care takers now. I'd like to give anyone as much time to start fixing this mess and build for 2024, we cant do it with Hook there. In every aspect of the game we are a shambles, and that rests squarely with the coach.
We are equal last now and with tiger's improving we will end up wooden spooners if Hook continues. Griffin's tenure as head coach did not work and is not working. The Griffin era was not a rebuild. It was a knock down. To get out of this mess the board should do the following in the next week or two so that rebuilding phase can start:

1. Part ways with Griffin
2. Appoint caretaker coach (one of the assistants) and hopfully we don't end up wooden spooners
3. Go seriously after Hasler or Flanno and appoint thim in the next few weeks for seasons 24/25 with an asistant to be groomed as assistant for 26/27 (can be one of current assistants or the one that new coach brings)
4. Let squad (especially those coming off contracts) know that they are playing for their contracts for the rest of 23.
5. Appoint a fulltime recruitment officer to work with coach to get the team sorted out

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Look at these stats from the game:

Ben Hunt - 10 Missed tackles
Ravalawa - 4 Handling errors
Sloane - 2 handling errors, 2 missed tackles, 3 penalties

These blokes aren't just dumb, they're not trying.

I'm Hornby

Juniors
the young ones didn’t lose this game, they did enough to win, the experienced players like Bird and Suli are letting the team down badly and the coach has butchered any confidence the young ones may have had. Ffs get rid of Griffin and the sun can start to shine again.
Bird is a meat head, he runs sideways, shirt grabs and gives away dumb penalties.

Suli bombed a try but carried the ball strongly like usual and saved a try with a great cover tackle on Tom Talau in the first half, he is one of our better players which is a sad sign of the times.

All I read on here is how the three rookies in the spine would be dynamic because they've played juniors with each other for so long, you wouldn't think so after that display. Sullivan doesn't score those two tries against a top 8 side, so what else did he do that stood out playing half back? He gave away an important 7 tackle set late in the game and doesn't seem to have much of a kicking game if I'm honest, seems very overrated by most on here.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
Bird is a meat head, he runs sideways, shirt grabs and gives away dumb penalties.

Suli bombed a try but carried the ball strongly like usual and saved a try with a great cover tackle on Tom Talau in the first half, he is one of our better players which is a sad sign of the times.

All I read on here is how the three rookies in the spine would be dynamic because they've played juniors with each other for so long, you wouldn't think so after that display. Sullivan doesn't score those two tries against a top 8 side, so what else did he do that stood out playing half back? He gave away an important 7 tackle set late in the game and doesn't seem to have much of a kicking game if I'm honest, seems very overrated by most on here.
I agree with your view on the young ones, but I am prepared to devote the rest of this already lost season to getting these 3 as much nrl experience together as possible. If they come up then great, if not it’s at least a better shot than running Mbye around week after week.

TheRev

First Grade
Sloan was mostly playing on the wing in his SG days, he's not really part of the Bud+Amone spine.. I think the media propagated that one.

And while I do understand the point about Bud... our attack has been dead for 3yrs, Bud gives us the speed and skill we can finally do something with.. there isn't anybody else waiting in the wings... we are 12mths overdue for playing him @7, im not sure what sort of miracles were expecting from a bloke given half a game finally from a coach determined not to play him.. but I thought there were a couple of them today... I havent cheered like that in many years.

I just don't know how fast the interim coaching staff can turn this tidal wave around.. we need to swap out the memory card and reboot this team.