What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 10 V Souths

blacksafake

First Grade
We NEED to bounce back against the Raiders.

We want to be up in the top 4 come season's end to really compete with the more favoured teams in the finals. This is match against a pretty soulless (no doubt, talented) club away from Canberra and we are going to need these points. Lose it and we open the door for a host of others to zoom to the top.
Agree.
It’s really important to start next weeks game with plenty of energy & put some points on them early. I know they have been struggling but they are a side that can score at will.

blacksafake

First Grade
L plate really blew it today by not having an extra forward on the bench against a huge opposing pack. JDB went straight off injured last week which is never a good sign & was obviously not right for today. Sele should have been on the bench at least if not in the run on side instead of Lomax who again was just a token selection. Dumb Dumb Dumb

dannyt

Coach
L plate really blew it today by not having an extra forward on the bench against a huge opposing pack. JDB went straight off injured last week which is never a good sign & was obviously not right for today. Sele should have been on the bench at least if not in the run on side instead of Lomax who again was just a token selection. Dumb Dumb Dumb
Dumb cubed.
Closer to f@#/ing dumb cubed

What worries me is there forwards are simarly large like Souths and I’m sure Ricky will have them taking us on thru the middle. Simarly to last year I think some of the forwards are playing hurt (JDB) and starting to wear out. They need to be given a game off . ie as previously mentioned start using Host and Sele

If JDB has a chronic hip injury, which 15 min game time suggests he has, I fear he may be out for more than a week

Gareth67

First Grade
Surely the medical staff must had been aware of the seriousness of his injury and made a decision as to whether or not he should play ?

However premiership favourites or not , the kinks need to be ironed out very quickly as the last thing that any of us want is for the team to go back to their bad habits of the last few years . And unfortunately it all begins with the ' maestro ' .

Last edited:

Gareth67

First Grade
JDB didn’t train once this week. He should not have started today.
Sele should have been on the bench.

That being the case the man was only cannon fodder - should never had been selected or more importantly not risked . We have been blessed a far as injuries are concerned this year , however geeze I hope that the bucket is not about to fall on our heads .

getsmarty

Immortal
Dragons cop taste of own medicine: McGregor
Author
Tanisha Stanton
Timestamp
Sun 13 May 2018, 06:47 PM

For the most part this season, it's been the Dragons forcing teams to make errors but on Sunday at ANZ Stadium, the Rabbitohs gave them a taste of their own medicine.

The first-placed Dragons, who had an 8-1 record leading into the game, have had a charmed run with injuries, only using 21 players all season.

But that took a turn for the worse in the lead-up to their ANZ Stadium clash - St George Illawarra had a disrupted preparation as several players were hampered at training throughout the week and put in their worst performance of the year to lose 24-10.

McGregor was not using their unsettled week as an excuse and was adamant the Rabbitohs beat them fair and square at their own game.

"We've been winning games through forcing errors on the opposition and they turned that around today and done a little bit of that on us so full credit to them," he said.

"We had a few blokes that didn't train through the week and that's the first time that's happened but that's not an excuse.

"They're a good side. We knew before the game that we were playing some quality opposition.

Match highlights: Rabbitohs v Dragons - Round 10, 2018

"They've got some big powerful forwards and some speed out wide and good experience through their whole side."

Halfback Ben Hunt was troubled by a corked leg in the second half but manager to finish the game but Jack De Belin left the field in the 54th minute after aggravating a hip pointer injury.

McGregor said the Dragons learnt a lesson about the importance of preparation for blockbuster matches.

"He (Hunt) got a cork to his leg so he limped through the back end of the game but he'll be right," he said.

"Jack was one of the guys that didn't train all week ... we used two interchanges on it so there was a bit of a lesson there.

"I'll definitely have a really good look at it there's no doubt in that. You certainly need to learn from losing and winning."

Frizell goes 90 metres for the try

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2018/05/13/dragons-cop-taste-of-own-medicine-mcgregor/

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
A mile forward and those pricks on TV will not say a word about it
I agree OT..only just watched the replay at 9.30pm as I was out all day....it was a good metre forward and said the same to my wife you notice these commentators dont sat a word....particularly Alexander tbat death rides us at every opportunity...and the incident with LAM with Burgess he kept on and on about it....but you notice they never commented when Burgess lead with the cocked elbow and caught young Mann in tbe head....admittedly the young bloke got his head in the wrong position but Burgess still got him with the elbow

Nene's early error set the tone.

We were lethargic today. Zero energy.

Several guys playing busted. JDB should not have played.

Hunt should have been placed in cotton wool once he was injured. He is too important to risk.

Full marks today to Souths. They came to play, our guys were mentally flat which was to be expected given the quality of teams we have played recently.

Team will bounce back next week.

Time to play Sele, and review ISP forward replacement options.

We need a minimum of 3 forwards on the bench.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
I'd pay a reporter $100 to ask two questions to Mary in the after game interviews "Are you trying to set a trend with a 16th man side ? " Why give your two most promising players a total of 17 minutes in their debuts from a total of 160 minutes of football ?
Yep and the same trend as years gone by....as I said a few weeks back ask Vavili, Milne Mann and others that get to pull splinters out of their arses at full time....no wonder some of our blokes are playing busted

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Surely the medical staff must had been aware of the seriousness of his injury and made a decision as to whether or not he should play ?

However premiership favourites or not , the kinks need to be ironed out very quickly as the last thing that any of us want is for the team to go back to their bad habits of the last few years . And unfortunately it all begins with the ' maestro ' .
Agree with your comments Gareth but mate can you find a better word for Mary than the Maestro....we may be leading the comp at this stage but hes hardly a Maestro.....sort of belittles the true meaning of the word

Old Timer

Coach
I'd pay a reporter $100 to ask two questions to Mary in the after game interviews "Are you trying to set a trend with a 16th man side ? " Why give your two most promising players a total of 17 minutes in their debuts from a total of 160 minutes of football ?
Your point is valid but you are very generous with 17 minutes DP more like 11 all up.
Lomax would have got 6 but we just scored a try and that reduced it by a couple as well as the lag before kick off before play started again.

Bench
No you can't and you will even less games if you keep using players that are injured, players that are past it and insist on a piss poor bench rotation.
This loss was coming and the signs have been evident for 3 weeks but heaven forbid we change anything.
If the boys aren't sore enough today wait till the play Canberra next week because they will pummel the middle as well.
But no worries just pick the same side and continue with the same tactics off the bench and that after a while should start netting results again.
McIdiot said in the post match JDB did not train this week. He must have been carrying an injury. He should have been rested and the bench should have had three forwards on the bench.
Hunt had a bad cork and it showed in his game today. I think it is stupid to leave him on the field. He is that important to our team.
The use of the bench was typical of McIdiot’s use of the bench. Lomax gets 7 minutes.
We got beat. So let’s move on till next week

Latest posts