What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 10 versus the Titans

justadragon

Bench
There is some interesting reading in this:
It explains a lot of things about third party agreements.

Also the NRL Operations below provides lots on Salary Cap and Third Party stuff wich is worth a read which possm might find a help.

Thanks Dave highly enlightening, can someone please explain in the FAQ's question one, I'm struggling to believe it :)))

denis preston

First Grade
So any organisation interested in or continuing their sponsorship with us ( say St George bank , Flight Centre etc ) is given a quiet word to pay half of the sponsorship direct to say a couple of players ? So other words St George Bank normally puts in 500k a year to us, what is the problem if they reduce it to 200k and send 100k a year into 3 players pockets ?

justadragon

Bench
anyway back to this game, i think there will be a twist in selections still to go, not quite sure why you would have burgess at 18 and not kerr, burgess's stats in ressies last week were abysmal, anyway we definitely need to be on the lookout for this game as the titans will want a win as well, have to really keep an eye on brimson and young campbell, those 2 could have a huge say in how this game ends up.

blacksafake

First Grade
So any organisation interested in or continuing their sponsorship with us ( say St George bank , Flight Centre etc ) is given a quiet word to pay half of the sponsorship direct to say a couple of players ? So other words St George Bank normally puts in 500k a year to us, what is the problem if they reduce it to 200k and send 100k a year into 3 players pockets ?
I didn’t think sponsors were allowed to be involved with third party.
Only those outside of the club🤷🏼‍♂️

denis preston

First Grade
anyway back to this game, i think there will be a twist in selections still to go, not quite sure why you would have burgess at 18 and not kerr, burgess's stats in ressies last week were abysmal, anyway we definitely need to be on the lookout for this game as the titans will want a win as well, have to really keep an eye on brimson and young campbell, those 2 could have a huge say in how this game ends up.
Just think that the staying in Melbourne for the week was a good move. Perhaps a lot of good discussions were had between players & coaches and the extra bonding won’t go astray.

I'm Hornby

Juniors
I wonder what the Titans prep has been like as our QLD weather has and still is raining constantly all week. I'd say this would probably mean any contact sessions would be at a lower intensity than normal and probably more indoor gym sessions than ball.

Contrast to our prep in Melbourne and some dryer weather, I hope this will give our men a bit of a leg up come tomorrow in terms of fitness for the game but who can say for sure?

Go the Dragons!!

kit66

Bench
You would think that if a known strategist (Bellamy) exposed an obvious weakness (Bird) in your pack that you'd do something about it. Not Hook.
Also JDB is a fine Lock, our best option at Lock as a matter of fact, good lateral defence that's so important in that roving role as well as a great ball player in attacking situations. So why play him at prop ?
Hook's constant chopping and changing last year contributed to us to winning just 8 of 24 games. Dropping or moving players for no good reason. Just upsets any cohesion or momentum and has the players second guessing everything from their own abilities to the teams and the coach. It's happening again, or will.

Last edited:

kit66

Bench
I wonder what the Titans prep has been like as our QLD weather has and still is raining constantly all week. I'd say this would probably mean any contact sessions would be at a lower intensity than normal and probably more indoor gym sessions than ball.

Contrast to our prep in Melbourne and some dryer weather, I hope this will give our men a bit of a leg up come tomorrow in terms of fitness for the game but who can say for sure?

Go the Dragons!!

I'm in Brissie now and it's p-p-persisting down, has been for days. I'm not sure the stadium will cope with such heavy traffic as 8 games of footy. It may well be a mud bath by Sunday. I know they work miracles with grounds these days but man it's mighty soggy up here.

justadragon

Bench
You would think that if a known strategist (Bellamy) exposed an obvious weakness (Bird) in your pack that you'd do something about it. Not Hook.
Also JDB is a fine Lock, our best option at Lock as a matter of fact, good lateral defence that's so important in that roving role as well as a great ball player in attacking situations. So why play him at prop ?
Hook's constant chopping and changing last year contributed to us to winning just 8 of 24 games last year. Dropping or moving players for no good reason. Just upsets any cohesion or momentum and has the players second guessing everything from their own abilities to the teams and the coach. It's happening again, or will.
Agree Kit66, I'm just hoping that at the last minute he brings Kerr in at prop and shifts JDB back to lock, I know Burgess is the 18th man but to me he looks so underdone its not funny.

This Year?

Immortal
Hook's constant chopping and changing last year contributed to us to winning just 8 of 24 games. Dropping or moving players for no good reason. Just upsets any cohesion or momentum and has the players second guessing everything from their own abilities to the teams and the coach. It's happening again, or will.
I found it strange too moving JDB to prop and the only logic I see to it is a defensive decision. Who else replaces Molo then, a busted Burgess, passenger Woods or Lawrie? Then who gets promoted from KOE cup?
He must have had alot of faith in Sims to move him to lock and with all this talk about Sims in SOO it feels more like an audition instead of a team decision.

charlesv

Juniors
I found it strange too moving JDB to prop and the only logic I see to it is a defensive decision. Who else replaces Molo then, a busted Burgess, passenger Woods or Lawrie? Then who gets promoted from KOE cup?
He must have had alot of faith in Sims to move him to lock and with all this talk about Sims in SOO it feels more like an audition instead of a team decision.
Has Molo been suspended or is he sick was still on the team sheet and nothing updated regarding any suspensions

Latest posts