What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 10 versus the Titans

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
I would hope that Sloan, Sullivan and Junior don't read this forum. Some of the post recently wouldn't help their confidence.

I'm sure they don't mate. They'd be stupid to. This forum allows a lot of us to to vent. I use this forum as a form of therapy from watching the same shit week in and week out. It helps me feel a bit better that I'm not the only one who is feeling depressed as f**k. I'd be the first person to put my hand up to say that I have bagged out our players and coaches many times on this forum. However, I would never go onto a player's social media and have a go at them, nor have a go at them if I saw them in public. That's just being a low merkin.

justadragon

Bench
I would hope that Sloan, Sullivan and Junior don't read this forum. Some of the post recently wouldn't help their confidence.
i think reading most of the posts there has been no personal degrading attacks on any of them and really i think the majority of forum members would like to see them remain in the side. i would also like to think that all of us on this platform whilst being passionate supporters have remained a cut above some of the disgraceful comments found on other social media

Dragon David

First Grade
I'm sure they don't mate. They'd be stupid to. This forum allows a lot of us to to vent. I use this forum as a form of therapy from watching the same shit week in and week out. It helps me feel a bit better that I'm not the only one who is feeling depressed as f**k. I'd be the first person to put my hand up to say that I have bagged out our players and coaches many times on this forum. However, I would never go onto a player's social media and have a go at them, nor have a go at them if I saw them in public. That's just being a low merkin.

This Forum allows all of us to say a lot of things to either praise or condemn players/coaches/club/board as a form of venting our feelings one way or another. Critism has been part of this venting process. If we can't say the things within reason, what is the benefit of having the Forum.

Even if the players look at this Forum and see what might be said about them - they should take it with a grain of salt. But if they are hit hard through other mediums like the social media networks, then that to me is not good.

How much criticism have we given Mary, Hook, other coaches and of course players.

In saying this I'm sure that the footballers wouldn't be looking at this stuff.

I'm Hornby

Juniors
agree mate. Hook goes out and signs some great players like Molo, Sua and Suli, and also signs absolute dogshit like McCullough, Sharon and Burgess. What the actual f**k?
At least we are talking about some good signings though, under Mary every player he signed went backwards I'd argue.

McCullough, Sharon and Burgess haven't been great but they've got experience if nothing else.
I read during the week as well Burgess is on 120k per year or some low amount, so can't blame Hook for getting on that I'd say.

When we're clearing out dead wood each year which I'm confident will keep happening for this year and next year at least, we'll keep seeing some journeymen picked up as well due to salary cap/30 man squad/not all good players coming off contract in the same year.

Changing our fortunes will have to be built on a mix of good recruitment, good retention and good player development.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
At least we are talking about some good signings though, under Mary every player he signed went backwards I'd argue.

McCullough, Sharon and Burgess haven't been great but they've got experience if nothing else.
I read during the week as well Burgess is on 120k per year or some low amount, so can't blame Hook for getting on that I'd say.

When we're clearing out dead wood each year which I'm confident will keep happening for this year and next year at least, we'll keep seeing some journeymen picked up as well due to salary cap/30 man squad/not all good players coming off contract in the same year.

Changing our fortunes will have to be built on a mix of good recruitment, good retention and good player development.
Great post mate

BBTB

Juniors

Changing our fortunes will be a mix of getting rid of the toxic Board, & good recruitment.

slippery5

Juniors
Agree on the need for some new forwards. I was surprised in the presser when Hook said he thought our forwards were great but the backs were not so good.
That comment is exactly why we are a laughing stock, if he can't see we have absolutely no power in the forwards & only looked like taking the game when Bud , Jnr & Sloan were hunting together around the ruck, then I'll take up coaching for free $$$$$$$

blacksafake

First Grade
That comment is exactly why we are a laughing stock, if he can't see we have absolutely no power in the forwards & only looked like taking the game when Bud , Jnr & Sloan were hunting together around the ruck, then I'll take up coaching for free $$$$$$$
Done
Just turn up to Win stadium tomorrow & take the reins.
If you need an assistant I’m available 😂