What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 10 vs Bulldogs

Old Timer

Coach
If the plan is for Flanagan to coach in 2022 I can’t see any reason to get rid of Mary. No coach that is worth having would take a one year contract, especially if they are then subject to the limitations that Mary currently has on him.

Leave Mary to do press conferences and video, and have flanno working on attack and defence while allowing him input into recruitment. Then Flanno can hit the ground running in 2022.

Otherwise, sign a long term coach for 2021 and let them do their thing.
I fully agree with your scenario as to why would the get rid of him and for mine your post clearly demonstrates the problem with having Flanno as the go to coach as it means we have to suffer Mc Humptydumpty for another full season and I wouldn't put it past him to do a lot of white anting in an effort to upset the apple cart.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I fully agree with your scenario as to why would the get rid of him and for mine your post clearly demonstrates the problem with having Flanno as the go to coach as it means we have to suffer Mc Humptydumpty for another full season and I wouldn't put it past him to do a lot of white anting in an effort to upset the apple cart.

I still think making the 8 is still in play as a target for keeping or ousting McGregor.

If Flanno is our target, it wouldn't surprise, especially if we miss the 8, if the Dragons reapproached the NRL for a reduction, even to the point of 13 games onto the 2021 season. Failing that the next best option as psuedo head coach would be Shepherd. Someone who has no ambition to be a head coach (permanently). We know if this were the case Flanno would be in control with the view to the official title in 2022.

All just theorising, innfact Flanno may just up and go at this.seasons end, or they would just appoint Young as it is the Dragons way.

possm

Coach
If the plan is for Flanagan to coach in 2022 I can’t see any reason to get rid of Mary. No coach that is worth having would take a one year contract, especially if they are then subject to the limitations that Mary currently has on him.

Leave Mary to do press conferences and video, and have flanno working on attack and defence while allowing him input into recruitment. Then Flanno can hit the ground running in 2022.

Otherwise, sign a long term coach for 2021 and let them do their thing.
Shepherd with Flanagan as his assistant would take the job gladly. I believe it is very important to turn the corner and begin to rid management of these incompetent 'old boys'.

So out with Mary and Dean Young, in with the new Shepherd, Flanagan and someone new.

Latest posts