What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 10 vs. Cronulla Sharks Discussion

Big Pete

Referee
Cronulla Sharks vs. Dolphins
Suncorp Stadium, Saturday 6 May 2023
Kick Off: 5:30pm

CRO2022TEAM.png

1. William Kennedy 2. Sione Katoa 3. Jesse Ramien 4. Siosifa Talakai 5. Ronaldo Mulitalo 6. Matt Moylan 7. Nicho Hynes 8. Oregon Kaufusi 9. Blayke Brailey 10. Royce Hunt 11. Briton Nikora 12. Teig Wilton 13. Dale Finucane

14. Cameron McInnes 15. Jack Williams 16. Wade Graham 17. Thomas Hazelton

18. Braydon Trindall 19. Connor Tracey 20. Jesse Colquhoun 21. Mawene Hiroti 22. Jayden Berrell

DOL2022TEAM.png

1. Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow 2. Jamayne Isaako 3. Euan Aitken 4. Brenko Lee 5. Tesi Niu 6. Kodi Nikorima 7. Isaiya Katoa 8. Jesse Bromwich 9. Jeremy Marshall-King 10. Kenny Bromwich 11. Felise Kaufusi 12. Connelly Lemuelu 13. Tom Gilbert

14. Jarrod Wallace 15. Anthony Milford 16. Mason Teague 17. Herman Ese'ese

18. Kurt Donoghoe 19. Poasa Faamausili 20. Edrick Lee 21. Valynce Te Whare 22. JJ Collins​

Puff

First Grade
Lee with the Hammy, won't make the team. Lock in Val, at long odds for the first try scorer.

Big Pete

Referee
Jesse Bromwich has been ruled out with Faamausili or Collins tipped to replace him.

Brenko Lee has also been ruled out with Valynce Te Whare to make his first grade debut.

I will be keeping a close eye on Valynce and will love to get your thoughts on him after the game @Puff @MugaB and @to_ddeath

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Will Kennedy, his first game at Lang Park was the worst game he played.

He now believes in himself.

I think he will be the difference.

MugaB

Coach
Jesse Bromwich has been ruled out with Faamausili or Collins tipped to replace him.

Brenko Lee has also been ruled out with Valynce Te Whare to make his first grade debut.

I will be keeping a close eye on Valynce and will love to get your thoughts on him after the game @Puff @MugaB and @to_ddeath
Just off his highlights reel in Qcup he has the raw skill and brute force of a younger and stronger latrel mitchell, will just have to see how much nikorima feeds him, should be intresting, i'm more intrested to see his defensive reads, if its as good as his attack, then brenko might as well look for another club... of which he has had a pretty good stab at it this season, and has been a lot better than he has been in previous seasons under wayne, but i was never a fan of brenko, but this season he has grown on me, just still think the dolphins have better options

Last edited:

Big Pete

Referee
Dolphins 36 (Valynce Te Whare 2, Isaiya Katoa, Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow, Connelly Lemuelu, Tesi Niu tries; Jamayne Isaako 6/6 goals) def. Cronulla Sharks 16

6-4

Phins up!

They just completely out-enthused the Sharks from the opening whistle. It didn't take long for the Dolphins to open the scoring, with Marshall King picking up some lazy marker and ruck defence to send Katoa over. The Dolphins did a wonderful job of testing the Sharks edges and they hit pay-dirt time and time again. Nikorima in particular did a wonderful job of bringing his runners onto the ball, allowing them to win the contact and the support was on song.

It was easily the Dolphins most pleasing win of the season. There was a real polish to the way they got through their sets and they made a very good Sharks team look second rate. Whatever hope the Sharks had of making a record comeback was snuffed out when Milford got a ball away to Valynce Te Whare.

It was good work from Valynce Te Whare to push up and put himself in position. It was a memorable debut for the 22-year old, his first career try saw him burst through three tackles to power his way over. While he had his hands full with Talakai, Te Whare acquitted himself nicely and lived up to the 'Val Meninga' hype.

After making it 36-10, the Dolphins played to the scoreboard turning the Sharks around with an astute kicking game denying Cronulla of any momentum. Despite going through the second half with a fringe of Milford, Nikorima and Niu that screamed run at me, the Dolphins only relented the one time when Sione Katoa burst through a Nikorima tackle only for Wilton to score off the next play. Outside of that, Nikorima filled in nicely and handled the situation better than what could have been expected.

Puff

First Grade
Killed it.

Val to keep his spot.

Need to get a real good look at him as he could be the partner to Herbie.

MugaB

Coach
2 tries for valynce, most debutions are lucky to get one, that raw power close to the line for his 1st try sumed him up... and the post match presser with lara pitt, showed how young and blessed he feels for his place at the dolphins, he'll be the phins cult hero for a long time... great game overall, Euan aiken had a good game against ramien, set up hammers first try, nikorima probably his best game ive ever seen, simply owned the backs in terms of kick placement, and Katoa is growing and building his game nicely, the fact that there is players out and still they put together a 30-0 halftime scoreline is pretty daming.. expansion should be a must every 3-4 years, as it gets this competition even through loss of top end talent shifting elsewhere, this probably has been the closest ladder we've had in such a long time, i feel the short pre season off the back of the WC, plus having byes, has given players are rollorcoaster of rests and jaggered preparations, it made the NRL absolutely unpredictable... good for gambling... i kinda felt this match would be down to the wire, but after the 1st 3 tries the game was over

Latest posts