What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 11 Cowboys v Knights

Johns Magic

Referee
Oh and by the way, Taia is 2nd for forwards in the NRL for tries and tackle busts, and 1st for linebreaks. Where's O'Donnell?

Charlie124

First Grade
In 09:

Taia 273 tackles, LOD 191 tackles
Taia 1024 metres, LOD 1132 metres
Taia 8 linebreaks, LOD 3 linebreaks
Taia 4 tries, LOD 2 tries
Taia 38 tackle breaks, LOD 14 tackle breaks

Pretty sure I know who I'd be taking.

And let's be honest here, you're no judge of a footy player. You picked Carl Webb as your username for f**k's sake :lol:

League_God

Juniors
also how can anyone call newcastle a one man team.
when joey was playing for newcastle so was
Matt gidley
Kurt Gidley
Steve Simpson
Ben Kennedy
Timana Tahu
Paul Harragon
Tony Butterfield
Mathew Johns
Anthony Quinn
Mark Hughes
Robbie O'davis
Danny Buderus
Brian Carney
Jamie Ainschough
Adam MacDougall
Jarrod Mullen
Adam Muir
Craig Smith
etc etc etc
...they all went on to play rep.

snap.

Shorty

Staff member
also how can anyone call newcastle a one man team.
when joey was playing for newcastle so was
Matt gidley
Kurt Gidley
Steve Simpson
Ben Kennedy
Timana Tahu
Paul Harragon
Tony Butterfield
Mathew Johns
Anthony Quinn
Mark Hughes
Robbie O'davis
Danny Buderus
Brian Carney
Jamie Ainschough
Adam MacDougall
Jarrod Mullen
Adam Muir
Craig Smith
etc etc etc
...they all went on to play rep.

snap.
LOL@Snap...omg they said 'snap':roll:
That isn't exactly a great line up....a few decent players....LOL Anthony Quinn..

Last edited:

League_God

Juniors
LMAO ...shane tronc

mate my post was not about "list your fav players" it was simply pointing out that the knights always had a decent team surrounding aj when he was playing....anthony quinn played for nsw, this much is black and white, perhaps you would like a link to the NSW 2008 state of origin line-up, would that make things more simple for you? hmm..?

ps why did you bold 4 players? 3 of the 4 players you bolded played for Australia...something travis burns will never do

Last edited:

Shorty

Staff member
LMAO ...shane tronc

mate my post was not about "list your fav players" it was simply pointing out that the knights always had a decent team surrounding aj when he was playing....anthony quinn played for nsw, this much is black and white, perhaps you would like a link to the NSW 2008 state of origin line-up, would that make things more simple for you? hmm..?
God how embarrassing for you.
I'm well aware he was in the line up and was thoroughly embarrassed in game II and III and is playing pretty average for the Storm.
Not a player I'd be exactly boasting about:lol:

Umm a lot of average players have played for Australia, LOL you're too easy.
Travis Burns? That's great, is that all you've got?

League_God

Juniors
God how embarrassing for you.
I'm well aware he was in the line up and was thoroughly embarrassed in game II and III and is playing pretty average for the Storm.
Not a player I'd be exactly boasting about:lol:

Umm a lot of average players have played for Australia, LOL you're too easy.
Travis Burns? That's great, is that all you've got?

still havent told me why you bolded the 4 players...

...read my post again, or better have someone read my post to you

i am not boasting about anthony quinn, i would would pick vuna, uate mcmanus over him.

for the... i dont even know how manys times, my point is that andrew johns was surrounded by rep players his whole career (not takin anything away from joey), but to say newcastle was playing in a one man team is ridiculous! for f**k sake! danny buderus was playing with him for alot of his career, argueably the best hookers of all time...oh wait a minute i spose your going to tell me aaron payne is better then buderus?
oh and for the record (and im sure i would havealot of people agree with me) i would pick quinn over both of nth qld current wingers.

Shorty

Staff member
still havent told me why you bolded the 4 players...
Pretty sure I have sunshine, average players.
i am not boasting about anthony quinn, i would would pick vuna, uate mcmanus over him.
Yet you put him in your argument and then just contradicted yourself.
for the... i dont even know how manys times, my point is that andrew johns was surrounded by rep players his whole career (not takin anything away from joey), but to say newcastle was playing in a one man team is ridiculous! for f**k sake! danny buderus was playing with him for alot of his career, argueably the best hookers of all time...oh wait a minute i spose your going to tell me aaron payne is better then buderus?
oh and for the record (and im sure i would havealot of people agree with me) i would pick quinn over both of nth qld current wingers.
Don't you think Joey possibly made the transformation from club to rep..happen a lot quicker (or at all) for some players?

LOL Wtf where did I even say that about Buderus and Payne?

Well duh, neither have been in first grade nearly as long.
So.....first you like Quinn, then bag him, then like him again...all over the place!

League_God

Juniors
Pretty sure I have sunshine, average players.

Yet you put him in your argument and then just contradicted yourself.

Don't you think Joey possibly made the transformation from club to rep..happen a lot quicker (or at all) for some players?

LOL Wtf where did I even say that about Buderus and Payne?

Well duh, neither have been in first grade nearly as long.
So.....first you like Quinn, then bag him, then like him again...all over the place!

i am not contradicting myself you poor, poor child, i have stated that quinn has played for nsw!! i dont like quinn! if i had to chose between farrar, williams and quinn i would choose quinn. all are average footballers, but quinn is the pick of the three of them, this does not mean i like quinn. it doesnt get anymore simple then that sweetheart.

and yes you moron, it is obvious that joey made that happen alot quicker. but that is not my point, my point is andrew johns had alot of talented players to work with, sure aj brought the best out of them in a shorter space of time. but not even andrew johns can make george carmont look good can he?

Shorty

Staff member
i am not contradicting myself you poor, poor child, i have stated that quinn has played for nsw!! i dont like quinn! if i had to chose between farrar, williams and quinn i would choose quinn. all are average footballers, but quinn is the pick of the three of them, this does not mean i like quinn. it doesnt get anymore simple then that sweetheart.

and yes you moron, it is obvious that joey made that happen alot quicker. but that is not my point, my point is andrew johns had alot of talented players to work with, sure aj brought the best out of them in a shorter space of time. but not even andrew johns can make george carmont look good can he?
Contradicting still, oooh attacking now there we go!

African Monkey

First Grade
:lol::roll:
You might laugh but you and the rest of the Cowboys fans not only bullied Hegs, but Dave as well. You guys are missing Hegs badly and crowd numbers are suffering as a result.

When Hegs returns from injury he'll have to slot into the centres and push Ash Graham out to the wing.

Good luck for this weekend and here's hoping for a speedy Hegs return.

Liam

Juniors
I'm confused, when did A. MacDougall, M. Johns and M. Gidley become average players?