What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 11 - Rabbitohs vs Panthers: Sunday 23rd May 2:00pm @Apex Oval

assess5

Juniors
Sack Knight, stamp his contract "never again to play for South Sydney"
Sack Sua, , stamp his contract "never again to play for South Sydney"
Sack Cartwright, stamp his contract "never again to play for South Sydney"
Put George Burgess in reserve grade
Put Mansour in reserve grade.
Shop Cook do not resign

I agree with everything you said. Cody Walker has been playing injured since the Storm game, probably his back, so sack the medical staff too for allowing him to play.

Nafedogg

Juniors
Two 50 point games is utterly woefull. I’d expect that of the bottom 8 teams. Maybe it’s time to let Bennett go, let Jason take over, any dead wood that wants to leave can go, give our young blokes a go.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I am at work on break haven’t seen the game but I’ve heard we had no pride in the jersey or effort I am absolutely gutted!

We can not win the comp this year either. We have big weaknesses.

The amount of points we have conceded the last 6 weeks is unacceptable. Our pack is soft.

Wont be long and we will be out of the top 4 and we deserve to be outside the 4.

Back to the dark days of slaughterings and it hurts.

assess5

Juniors
Two 50 point games is utterly woefull. I’d expect that of the bottom 8 teams. Maybe it’s time to let Bennett go, let Jason take over, any dead wood that wants to leave can go, give our young blokes a go.
Let Jason go as well, anything brought to Souths by Bennett, packem up and give em the boot along with Bennett

Nafedogg

Juniors
Let Jason go as well, anything brought to Souths by Bennett, packem up and give em the boot along with Bennett

Good point, we haven’t been winning convincingly all season. We have either been behind and come back or been in front and been lucky to get a win, how they had us as premiership contenders is quite baffling. Where do we go from here? I’m not too sure to be honest, I’ll be happy if we can just hold it together for the rest of the season. We are so far away from Melbourne and Penrith it’s not funny.

Travitoh

First Grade
Pre-contact metres per run.

Souths 4.8
Penrith 5.99

The pack is too slow. They were too slow in the prelim and they were too slow today. I've said it before and I'll say it again, the pack needs more mobility.

callmack1

Staff member
Well, it's been hours since the game finished and I haven't calmed down at all. Honestly disgusted. Absolutely appauled. I can't remember the last time I was this disgusted at my team. A disgraceful effort and everyone of those boys out there should hang their heads in shame. No effort, no desire, no intensity, nothing. Going into it, I honestly fely good and gave us a shot at winning, I though we'd at least give Penrith one hell of a game. But no, we just folded and played like cowards, like pussys.

Seriously, what the hell has happened to our defence??? So good to start the year and now it is non-existant. Honestly, it looks like school boy stuff down that right hand side. As I said, we just folded and they scored almost at will.

We're meant to be Premiership contenders but right now we are so far away from it that it's comical.

So disappointed, angry, gutted, upset, disgusted, appauled, I don't even know how to describe it.

Jim Rockford

Bench
Callmack, I know exactly how you feel. I gave us a real shot at winning and making a big statement. Well we made a statement alright. We announced that we're not a serious contender this year. I just really hope the boys are as disgusted with that performance as we fans are and they bust their arses at training all week and come out next week against the Squeels and show everyone that the Mebourne and Pamfers games were not a true reflection of where the team is at.

The wheels seem to have fallen off a bit since the Renno announcement.

Mutterings about other players leaving now that the club has reached its salary cap zenith.

Bennett will leave a hole, some leaner years ahead. There’s no way Kevvie wants him back, ordering him about. Back to the days of fiefdom. I think he’d be best picking up another club myself. Join a much lower club and challenge himself.

A sniff of incredulity about where management is heading.

Against that, losses to by far the two best sides in the comp and watching the highlights, conceding an obvious flat arrival, a lot of the Panthers try’s were from broken or near broken play.

It seems to me you let them break your hearts early, so theres some constructive soul searching to be done this week. All you needed was 10 minutes of resilience early and that would have stemmed the tide a lot as they feed off confidence.

All that said, Bennett is known for his sides having the odd bad spell, they still manage to recover. He’s not a smug coach, his seasons fortunes often flutter.

Seems the eels are off the pace. They got a real lesson.

So I’m not as despondent as @callmack1 about the way forward. Things will settle down soon enough. You have a lot quality, just need the headspace factor.

The kangaroos wouldn’t have beaten Penrith today, they were next level. It wasn’t all your fault.

Last edited:
Very good point Phantom. Better for it to happen now than leading into the finals.

Yeah.

There’s no iceberg in sight.

You’re still ensconced in the top 4.

Looking at the season as a whole, 2 losses against remarkable sides, at round 11, 4th is pretty fine and dandy.

Let us WT fans light your cigars!

Theres 12 clubs you're using as bike racks at the moment, and none of us are too excited about it.

Jim Rockford

Bench
Yeah.

There’s no iceberg in sight.

You’re still ensconced in the top 4.

Looking at the season as a whole, 2 losses against remarkable sides, at round 11, 4th is pretty fine and dandy.

Let us WT fans light your cigars!

Theres 12 clubs you're using as bike racks at the moment, and none of us are too excited about it.
Exactly brother. A little perspective never hurts.

Latest posts