What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 11 - Raiders vs Rabbitohs: Saturday 25th July 7:35pm @GIO Stadium

callmack1

Staff member
Wow, what a week we have coming up! If we thought playing the Knights last week was a big test well then this game is even bigger. Last year's Grand Finalists, the Raiders, at home in Canberra is not an easy task at all. You might look at some of the injuries they have and it may suggest this will be a bit easier but I don't think that'll be the case at all. You look at how they played against the Roosters last week, they were brilliant. They outclassed them so we are going to face a big step up come Saturday night.

Canberra's have strike all over the park but I think their biggest weapon is probably the forward pack. They have rep stars all over the place who play hard and give their all. Papalii, Whitehead, Tapine, the list goes on. That's before even mentioning other guys like Croker, Wighton and Nicoll-Klockstad. We're going to have to be well and truely on our game to stop them.

For us, I think we all know what the main focus will be this week. A quality side like the Raiders will punish us big time if we complete our sets like we did last week. We just cannot afford to get this one wrong like that so we need to hold the ball this week and give ourselves a chance, it's an absolute must! If we can do that, then everything else will hopefully flow off the back of that. I'm also hopeful that wre'll get a boost from Campbell Graham's return for this one. We may not but I'm hopeful.

So yea, huge game this week as we enter the second half of the Season. Time to turn it on! We can do this!

NovoBunny94

Juniors
Apparently Burgess has figured out the blue print to success after the Knights loss.. its running hard and playing the quicker... :joy::joy: took him this long to figure that out? Mate come on. Anyway..
Yes this game will be another tough assignment, lowe isn't a big loss, to be fair neither is Jimmy.
Our strategy should be line speed, nullify Big Papa and Wighton.

callmack1

Staff member
With today's news about Roberts and Lowe, we could be in some real trouble for this one if Graham isn't back.

Plus, for those interested, I emailed the club asking what jersey we will be wearing this weekend. Turns out, we're not wearing an alternate strip, it'll be the Home jersey (still provides less of a clash with Canberra I guess).

callmack1

Staff member
Here's my predicted Line Up for Round 11,

1. Johnston
2. Allan
3. Graham
4. Gagai
5. Paulo
6. Walker
7. Reynolds (C)
8. Tatola
9. Cook
10. Burgess
11. Su'a
12. Sironen
13. Murray

14. Nicholls
15. Sele
16. Koloamatangi/Johns
17. Mago

I'm really, really hoping that Graham is good to go for this week as we need him badly. It's been said he is a chance so he may get named and be given right up to Game Day to be fit, I don't know, Wayne may opt to give him another week. If that's the case, then Pauo moves to the centres and Marsters takes that wing spot.

In the forward pack, Sironen is the ideal replacement for Lowe. I, along with any others, have been calling for this to happen for weeks anyway. Wayne shouldn't move Murray from the middle, that'd be stupid in my opinion. Then on the bench, I'm thinking either Koloamatangi or Jack Johns will get the call up.

callmack1

Staff member
Round 11 Line Up vs Raiders: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2020/07/21/round-11-line-up-vs-raiders/

Pretty happy with that considering the guys we have out! Basically as I expected and it's probably the best we could hope for with our current injury list. Stoked to see Graham back!! That's a big in for us and he'll make a big difference hopefully. Sironen to starting left edge is a good move too, I've been wanting that to happen for weeks anyway. Also, awesome to see that Jack Johns will make his debut! He is rated pretty highly and obviously comes from a great footballing family. The fact that he is now considered to be ahead of Keon is a great sign too as we all know how good Keon is, Excited to see how Jack goes.

So yea, solid Line Up considering the guys we have out!

Just as a side note, it is Tom's 150th NRL game and Jaydn's 50th NRL game. Saturday night was already gonna be a huge occasion but these milestones make it even bigger.

Last edited:

callmack1

Staff member

callmack1

Staff member
"I'm always going to try and put my best foot forward." - Johnston: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2020/07/22/alex-johnston-media-round-11/

"I'm just trying to do my role for the team." - Tatola: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2020/07/22/junior-tatola-round-11-media/

"I'm happy to play either side." - Graham: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2020/07/22/campbell-graham-media-round-11/

Glad to see Graham confirmed to play! I was starting to wonder and worry that maybe he was named to shield Masters but that's not the case, Cammy will play! That's a massive boost for us!

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
"I'm always going to try and put my best foot forward." - Johnston: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2020/07/22/alex-johnston-media-round-11/

"I'm just trying to do my role for the team." - Tatola: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2020/07/22/junior-tatola-round-11-media/

"I'm happy to play either side." - Graham: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2020/07/22/campbell-graham-media-round-11/

Glad to see Graham confirmed to play! I was starting to wonder and worry that maybe he was named to shield Masters but that's not the case, Cammy will play! That's a massive boost for us!
Campbell Graham is a warrior, a true BraveHeart!

callmack1

Staff member
Rabbitohs Insider - Round 11: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2020/07/22/rabbitohs-insider---round-11/

Great episode! Really enjoyed the interview with Bayley and I can't wait to see him start this weekend!

In other news, there's some rumours floating around that Koloamatangi could come in and replace Mago on the bench. While I wouldn't say this is a bad move, I think Mago has been going great so deserves to hold his spot. Keon has been nowhere lately. In my opinion, he needs to earn his spot back. Quality player but he needs to earn it.

callmack1

Staff member
What an absolutely massive day it is for us today.... Game Day! You don't need me to tell you that this is probably our biggest game of the year so far there's no doubt about it. This is just such a massive game! We head down to Canberra simply needing to put in a good performance against the Raiders. No two ways about it, we must play well.

Certainly not gonna be easy tonight. Yes, the Raiders have a lot of injuries, some to key players, but look at the way they played against the Roosters last week. They outplayed the defending champs so they still look like Premiership contenders if you ask me. It will not be easy at all. They still have a lot of class out there so we need to shutdown their star forward pack and look out guys like Wighton, Croker and Nicoll-Klockstad. Easier said than done so we need a much better defensive performance than last week.

For us, it's fairly obvious what we need to be better at tonight. We showed what we can do late last week so we have to come out tonight and make sure we show that intensity from the opening minute. The boys absolutely must complete well tonight! I am sick and tired of us giving ourselves no chance against the good sides so we have to hold the ball and give ourselves every opportunity we can tonight. No beating ourselves. As I mentioned earlier, defence is a big one too.

The occasion gets even bigger considering the milestones we have within the team tonight. Tom plays his 150th, Jaydn plays his 50th and of course, Jack Johns makes his debut so I really hope the boys can lift for these milestones.

Finally, I can't believe none of us have mentioned this all week but I'm hoping the boys have last years Preliminary Final in the back of their minds when they run out tonight. We all remeber the pain of our Finals exit to the Raiders in Canberra last year and it still burns. That pain will be no different for the players. We need an emotionally charged performance in a big game tonight and those memories are exactly the kind of thing that can fuel as. Use that memory of pain and help turn it into revenge!

I know we can do it tonight!!!

Hellray

Juniors
Yup our attack lost us that game, we need more variety.
It also wouldn’t go astray to have our wingers actually on the wing, twice we threw it over the sideline because they were out of position.
Cook is still struggling and not running the ball at all.

truthslayer

Juniors
Great effort by our forwards! But whoever is calling the shots for the rabbits is getting it wrong. Cooks passes from Dummy half inconsistent , the three playmakers cook, walker and Reynolds need to be put on notice! They have played enough footy to be able to plan, it's like they can't think a play ahead getting caught and kicking when nothings on. If you want to rewatch our losing games look at the halfs! And what about professional foul Crocker picking up a ball offside.... what would have been a try.