What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 11 v Roosters

globalpanther

Juniors
Big game ladder wise not to mention the 2003 reunion.

Dyl
Tito
Peachey (Should be Jenkins)
Critta
To’o
Romy
NC
Leota
Kenny
Fish
Soro
Zac
Yeo

Luke
LSmith
Leniu
Salmon (Hopefully Garner/CSmith)

Fangs

Coach
A team I hate losing to. We've had the wood on them for ages now but every team knows we are a bit vulnerable at the moment.

Slightly shorter turn around. It's a very important game as we have the Broncos the round after.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Chooks into the 2nd half down by 18-0. Good kicking keeping them off their game.

Next Friday night another tough gig.

Would be helped with Martin returning too.

Unlike others I'm not part of the doom and gloom brigade. We are without doubt the best defensive team in the comp.

Also unlike others I believe our attack will happen. Hopefully this happens next Friday night.

If someone had said to me 10 years Penrith would have the sucess of the last 3 years and be well placed for the 2023 season. My joy would know no bounds.

The chooks are gunna be a tough game. Hopefully with a day extra recovery we will be well up for the fight at home.

Munky

Coach
Does any one give a shit about 2003 anymore?

The Roosters are five GFs and three comps since.

The 03 babies turn twenty one next year with three GFs and two comps in the bag (plus two JJs).

Munky

Coach
Not just today

Robbo is going all John Lang and Paul Green. Being hyper loyal to his premiership players while potentially better alternatives are available in his squad. Walker and Manu are a better half and FB then Keary and Teddy these days.

Sime_11

Juniors
We should beat the Roosters going off their form this year

but seeing how every team seems to have their better performances against us- wouldnt surprise me if the chooks clicked and dominating us 13+

2 big games for us before a break which we desperately need

this is the more winnable game than the broncs - we cant afford to go 0 from 2

age.s

First Grade
but seeing how every team seems to have their better performances against us- wouldnt surprise me if the chooks clicked and dominating us 13+
I can't imagine them blowing us off the park. If Brisbane and Souths haven't been able to, then this iteration of Easts isn't going to either. With neither side clicking with the ball it'll likely be an arm wrestle. In previous years I'd have backed us to grind out a win in a game like this, but we've found a way to lose them recently.

No rain scheduled and an extra day's prep should help. I think we win by 12 or so.

The biggest threat in a Roosters team with little creativity from its spine is for them to get a roll-on through Smith out of dummy half. If we can stop them coming straight down the middle I think we can win relatively easily…

kinghippo

Juniors
Still think we need to go a back row of Garner and Hosking. Sorro back to bench.
The bench is so important, I feel it’s been under done this year.
I would have a bench of peach for utility ,Fish or Leota , Martin and Sorro.
I know this won’t be happening but I think we need to try a few tweaks.
Spencer is in form and his energy could be really helpful at the start and end of the match.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I ck to the would have a bench of peach for utility ,Fish or Leota , Martin and Sorro.
Spencer is in form and his energy could be really helpful at the start and end of the match.

Hopefully Martin is back this week, and that will bring Sorro Sorro back to the bench.

Then giving it a bit of impact.

Thirsty Panther

Juniors
I would have a bench of peach for utility ,Fish or Leota , Martin and Sorro.
I wouldn't like to be the guy that tells Fish he is on the bench.

Latest posts