What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 11 v Sharks

Dragonslayer

First Grade
5 day turn this week.

Boys will be tired and hurting after the "Tragic" round.

Argueably our most important game this season and I think Hook will go for "experience" over "blooding", just my opinion.

No Dufty, Fui and possibly Maguire, I dont think Rava has a big issue, maybe a fine.

Definite changes and time for some to step up:

1. Ramsey
2. Rava
3. Bird
4. Norman
5. Periera
6. Clune
7. Hunt
8. Lawrie
9. Macca
10. Vaughan
11. Kerr
12. Sims
13. Maguire*

14. Poasa
15. Alvaro
16. Burns
17. Max F

* if Maguire suspended - Poasa to lock and Ellis to bench

RedVDave

First Grade
I'm going to assume everyone will be suspended or injured from the game

1) Ramsay
2) Fegai
3) Bird
4) Burns
5) Peirera
6) Norman
7) Hunt
8) Lawrie
9) McCullough
10) Vaughan
11) Kerr
12) Sims
13) Fummalisa

14) Amone or Clune
15) Ellis
16) Alvaro
17) Ford

So outs include Maguire* Fegai, Rava* Fui, Dufty, De Belin (Fate to be decided after this week potentially)

jeffdragon

Bench
Assuming Rava and Sims don't get suspended, it won't surprise me if they do.
I think Rava will.
Mcguire gone.
Cant have Burns in the centres again. .
I think we will play the sharks into form.

BLM01

First Grade
I knew would be hit with big and many charges but the McGuires is ridiculous
in the speed of the game how can that be classified as a purposeful hip drop tackles in the motion of making a tackle and bringing him down
Melbourne invented it
it’s when they’re standing still and tackler almost sitting on the ground a pause and then bring him down was the classic hip-drop tackle
We will have four players suspended from that game some we should fight
But yet all the top teams only incur fines for all their misdemeanours always seem to be only grade 1

Last edited:

BIG RIG

Juniors
Ok so we have got

Matt Dufty out for 6 weeks with AC Joint
Zac Lomax still out for 4 weeks
Tyrell Fuimaono suspended for 5 weeks
Josh McGuire suspended for 5 weeks
Tariq Sims suspended for a week
Mikaele Ravalawa suspended for 2 weeks

Jayden Sullivan still out with a Hammy
Andrew McCullough being assessed for an eye injury
Billy Brittain still out indefinitely with concussion
Mat Feagai out for 8 weeks with his ankle

and from what I’ve heard Brayden Williame is still out with a calf

Along with McInnes and JDB*
that is 14 out of our 28 in our squad either definitely out or in doubt

Jordan Periera is back this week whilst JDB could possibly be in the team by the end of May

We are in a deep hole at the moment and we need our depth to stand up

only silver lining is we have got the bottom 4 teams in the Sharks, Tigers , Broncos and Bulldogs in the next 4 weeks along with Canberra and NZ and a bye

My team for this week if all 12 of those players are out is

1. Cody Ramsey
2. Jordan Periera
3. Jack Bird
4. Shaun Sauni - Esau
5. Max Feagai
6. Corey Norman
7. Ben Hunt ( C )
8. Blake Lawrie
9. Adam Clune
10. Paul Vaughan
11. Josh Kerr
12. Billy Burns
13. Jackson Ford
BENCH
14. Junior Amone
15. Daniel Alvaro
16. Poasa Fa’amusili
17. Kaide Ellis

18. Tyrell Sloan

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Re-assessed

1. Ramsey
2. Max F
3. Norman
4. Bird
5. Periera
6. Clune
7. Hunt
8. Lawrie
9. Macca
10. Vaughan
11. Kerr
12. Burns
13. Poasa

14. Ellis
15. Alvaro
16. Ford
17. Amone

Clune starts at 6 then move to hooker to give Macca a break and bring Amone on.

thebigredv

First Grade
I really hope the club raise some noise over this decimation. A tough stance is ok if it is consistent. Tupunua is getting a fine for something far more reckless. Kaufusi not even a mention. I know I get worked up some times but right now I feel like I'm done watching this game.

CHEATS!

Coffs dragon

Bench
I’d also be concerned that Cody Ramsay will not be fit to play against the Sharks. He coped an ankle injury and looked like he had his whole foot/ankle taped to his boot to keep him out there. He certainly appeared in some discomfort.

Illusion

Bench
5 weeks for Maguire? WTF? Is the penalty greater if you hit one of the superstars of the game?

Maybe blokes like Teddy or JAC should wear different coloured shorts so the opposition know how hard they can tackle them.
Mate I call it all Bullsh*t .... They way they are going JUST KEEP Penrith , Storm , Roosters , Souths , Parra and piss the rest off ..... Might as well ....

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
If ever there was a good week to be banned from the forum, last week was it. That was without a doubt the worst weekend of footy i have witnessed in my lifelong passion for the game. On the plus side I made an all grain batch of porter and cured about 40kg of olives. Plus nearly tore my TV off the wall. On to the Sharks and coming weeks.
Fuimaono is probably worth contesting and Sims also. I doubt McGuire will get a reduction and 7 weeks is way too long if he fails. I can’t see Rava getting off as it was a carbon copy of last week.
Positives:
•We have a good draw coming up. We may scrap our way to some wins
•Lots of players will be blooded
•By the end of this run we will have a better idea of our best 17.
•If JDB is cleared to play he will be a lot more welcomed into the side than he was a week ago.
•The game has become so unwatchable I may not care.
Negatives:
•We have a good draw, now they may be mostly losses
•The young guys will have a tough initiation
•We will have to tone down the aggression as we can’t risk any more charges. Likely leading to losses.
•Origin will likely further deplete us, at least in the case of Hunt.
•Norman is basically guaranteed to keep his spot and get extended
•I feel for Dufty, without a contract and a possible long term injury. I hope we sort something with him and say give him a 12 month extension at least for some security.

This Year?

Immortal
5 weeks for Maguire? WTF? Is the penalty greater if you hit one of the superstars of the game?

Maybe blokes like Teddy or JAC should wear different coloured shorts so the opposition know how hard they can tackle them.
Surely the club knew the risk of signing a player with so much baggage and as usual we pay the ultimate price for it.

Ghostrider22

Juniors
I knew would be hit with big and many charges but the McGuires is ridiculous
in the speed of the game how can that be classified as a purposeful hip drop tackles in the motion of making a tackle and bringing him down
Melbourne invented it
it’s when they’re standing still and tackler almost sitting on the ground a pause and then bring him down was the classic hip-drop tackle
We will have four players suspended from that game some we should fight
But yet all the top teams only incur fines for all their misdemeanours always seem to be only grade 1
Nothing has changed we we’re screwed and the whole of NRL like nothing better to give it to the us as you will see Friday night.