What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 11 v Sharks

hewi

Bench
With 2 mins to go, they were right in front and Norman goes short side.
Just wtf. Dumb as, they're footballers for a reason.

Not only that he is a left foot kicker and was kicking from the left side of the field. He should have been to the right of the posts for his left foot kick. Just piss him off

possm

Coach
To be fair Norman is usually good in that part of the game. Lately he has been playing like a player who knows he is going to face a mighty pay cut. Some of the very casual efforts and dumb short drop outs make him one of the least professional players in the game.

He needs to have a break from the game. He can't be allowed to do this to our jersey any longer.
Yes, that is right up his ally, get paid for doing nothing! Once Sullivan is fit and ready to go, we should send him to park football. No one is chasing him, no one wants him.

FlameThrower

Bench
Norman is hopeless as goal kicker missing fairly straight forward kicks, that cost us 4 points, then misses almost right in front 2 field goal attempts .
He then decides to run the ball on the last...in golden point.
He brings nothing, offers nothing and does not care one iota for the team. Selfish decisions like short kickoffs are now part of his bag of tricks too.
His kick returns last night were like a light jog back to return the ball.
Why Hook has him in the team is beyond me. I’d drop him just on tonight’s performance....
The only thing Norman does is save money on laundry costs, as his jersey is usually spotless....

Crush

Coach
Let’s be honest, we don’t deserve to be in the top 8 anyway this year. You can’t keep dropping the ball and turning over possession and expect to compete.
They are fighting hard which is great but they need to erase the errors.
I’d send Kerr and Norman back to reserve grade as a wake up call.
As soon as we get troops back, these guys are gone, they’ve cost us points this year through errors.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
To be fair it wes chalk and cheese...no where as forceful as Fui and was more of an accident in speed chasing a player from behind. He will be suspended but maybe only 1-2 which is max.
Cant fully agree where its chalk and cheese tbh....wasnt an accident as far as where he made contact...more the case when your chasing at speed the norm is the waist or legs he didnt have to target above the shoulder area

BBTB

Juniors
Norman is hopeless as goal kicker missing fairly straight forward kicks, that cost us 4 points, then misses almost right in front 2 field goal attempts .
He then decides to run the ball on the last...in golden point.
He brings nothing, offers nothing and does not care one iota for the team. Selfish decisions like short kickoffs are now part of his bag of tricks too.
His kick returns last night were like a light jog back to return the ball.
Why Hook has him in the team is beyond me. I’d drop him just on tonight’s performance....
The only thing Norman does is save money on laundry costs, as his jersey is usually spotless....
Norman, is useless.
He's lazy& and plays with out any spirit.
Drop him immediately.

Coffs dragon

Bench
Hats off to all the new guy’s, they really tried hard and at least as a team we are competitive and don’t give up.
Essentially, with our full team and Lomax kicking, we would have won last night very comfortably.
Our team cannot continue to carry the handicap of Norman and his half hearted running. The play breaks down whenever he gets the ball and his kicks are a lottery.

Until Sullivan is ready, I’d rather see Bird at 5/8 getting more ball.
Lomax, Williame & Beale can cover the centre’s and the sooner Norman is punted then hope and recovery can be restored.

blacksafake

First Grade
I agree wuth Tallis and Hook on this one...Hiroti had the whole of Ramseys body to make the tackle but instead attacked his head....if their going to be consistsnt then he should have been sent off.....hed better get some time off after the judiciary visit otherwise theres going to be a lot of angry people out there.....because Pappy took no further part in the game when Fui tackled him, well neither did Ramsey..just because one got stretched off as a precaution and one walked off shouldnt come into it
Well said.
Swinging arm to the head from behind, should have been sent. I’ve no doubt if Ramsey was one of the “golden” boy’s he would have :thinking:

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Now the dust is settling (it will take awhile) on last nights loss, I think we are all generally happy with the gutsy effort from most of our blokes considering we were very low on troops.....I think if we had got belted whilst still disappointed we would have accepted the fact that the injuries and suspensions took their toll.....but to lose by a miserable point when the game was there for the taking in those dying stages was a bitter pill to swallow...we can take some positives from the last few weeks that some of our younger players are getting some more 1st grade experience which hopefully will put us in good stead going forward.....what we cant keep taking is the laid back none committal of blokes like Norman (I hate just singling players out) that just doesnt cut the mustard when he should be stepping up and taking control when the game needs a big play....... Bird lost the pill 3 times last night which was costly , but he still digs deep and shows some passion and committment......we need more blokes in the team with his attitude which hopefully will rub off on our younger set....just on a side note Im not sure that Lawrie is fully fit atm his hits and runs are no way near what they were a few months ago, hopefully he will come good soon.....All in all we are still lying 6th atm on the ladder a position we would have taken late last year.... based on teams below us we are about where we should be in this comp, its just bloody frustrating when we lose games like the one last night

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Positives from last night;
Amone looks to have no problems handling first grade.
Feagai finally scored his first try and looked pretty good with a few nice pieces of footwork.
Ramsey handled fullback with ease, it was his first game there and I’m pretty sure Billy Slater, Pap, or Teddy were not tearing teams apart in their first game.
We fought hard again.
Negatives;
Our halves still can’t ice close ones.
Goal kicking is a major issue.
We could have yet more injuries and suspensions.

The sooner Lomax and Rava are back the better. Let’s hope Ramsey plays next week too.
In a few weeks we could field this side.
1.Ramsey
2.Feagai
3.Wiliame
4.Lomax
5.Rava
6.Bird
7.Hunt
8.Lawrie
9.Macca
10.Vaughan
11.Burns
12.Sims
13.Faamausili
14.Alvaro
15.JDB
16.Kerr
17.Amone

jeffdragon

Bench
Boys did well with all the injuries they had. They were severely depleted and Sharks were pushed to win it in golden point. Hunt was really good and is having a great season so far. Saints have got a good run the next few weeks with a heap of their big guns missing which is a shame. When they are back, Saints will play the big guns so the timing is not good at all. I am sure they would prefer to have the big guns in the next four rounds than any time after that as Saints should be winning the next 4 rounds with their top roster. This is what is going to make or break their season.

Raiders or Titans need to win by 34+ to overtake the Saints so there is a good chance they will still be in the 8 at the end of the round. But after this week I think if they don't start winning they will drop out and never return.

Billy Burns hit from Dugan was bad and I am confused as with many others why that was not a send off but Tyrell's was. Also Kafusi hit was similar last week and he copped nothing at all as it got Norman in the nose. At least Dugan got binned. The media did not even bring Kafusi's up all week, and I am sure they will not even bring up the Dugan/Hiroti cases either. Pretty sad when your team gets treated like that and I am glad Griffin did mention something in his press conference. Not that it will mean much but our top wigs should be really giving it to the NRL officials for their bias they are showing as it is the same team copping the raw end of the stick.
We have had a good run v warriors tigers and sharks and played poorly in all 3 and lost.
Too late at the end of the year.when we play the heavyweights.
We wont be winning many of them.

jeffdragon

Bench
Now the dust is settling (it will take awhile) on last nights loss, I think we are all generally happy with the gutsy effort from most of our blokes considering we were very low on troops.....I think if we had got belted whilst still disappointed we would have accepted the fact that the injuries and suspensions took their toll.....but to lose by a miserable point when the game was there for the taking in those dying stages was a bitter pill to swallow...we can take some positives from the last few weeks that some of our younger players are getting some more 1st grade experience which hopefully will put us in good stead going forward.....what we cant keep taking is the laid back none committal of blokes like Norman (I hate just singling players out) that just doesnt cut the mustard when he should be stepping up and taking control when the game needs a big play....... Bird lost the pill 3 times last night which was costly , but he still digs deep and shows some passion and committment......we need more blokes in the team with his attitude which hopefully will rub off on our younger set....just on a side note Im not sure that Lawrie is fully fit atm his hits and runs are no way near what they were a few months ago, hopefully he will come good soon.....All in all we are still lying 6th atm on the ladder a position we would have taken late last year.... based on teams below us we are about where we should be in this comp, its just bloody frustrating when we lose games like the one last night
You first few paragraphs said it all.perfectly.
The dust will take a while to settle on this one.:angry:

Latest posts