What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 11 vs. Bye + Voting

user_nat

Coach
If we play like we did on Friday I expect to lose and pick up a couple more injuries.

May as well discuss this here, even though it relates to the Manly game more. If Parker does get picked for Origin and we continue our resting players policy, who will be captain against Manly?

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
The Bye is not in good form, has lost all matches this season. I reckon even without Hodges we could sneak home here...

As for captain, have no idea! Maybe Wallace. Or could be Glenn if they are looking to the future. Glenn was under 20's captain for a while right?

Broncos fan!

Juniors
As for captain I agree with GoTheBroncos. Wallace is an obvious choice, and Glenn would be up there if they don't mind going with a younger, less experienced player. Glenn has been playing 80 minutes lately and has been playing with a lot of leadership. So I would be happy with either.

Big Pete

Referee
I don't think Hook can afford to rest players.

When we were 7-1 it was feesible but at 7-3 it starts to become a hefty risk.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member

Especially when we lose the game after the one where they were rested plus one of them gets injured. The opposite to what the resting policy was designed for, I'm sure.

Don't the medical staff know the worst time to back up is exactly 7 days after the rep game :sarcasm:

Big Pete

Referee
Three players actually got injured.

Thankfully only one will be of any real consequence.

AuDragon

Juniors
I don't think Hook can afford to rest players.

I disagree, it's very doubtful that the bye will make his rep players back up, and given its recent form, I'd say we're in a comfortable position, as long as Hook puts a rocket up the players after last Friday's dismal performance!

Big Pete

Referee
Up against a Manly side with barely any reps I think you'll see the likes of Locky, Yow Yeh, Parker and Hannant back up.

Thaiday just isn't phsyically able.

Broncos fan!

Juniors
Up against a Manly side with barely any reps I think you'll see the likes of Locky, Yow Yeh, Parker and Hannant back up.

Thaiday just isn't phsyically able.

Hook said that he will need surgery in the off season on his groin and will likely miss the 4 nations. Medical staff say that Thaiday will be able to play the rest of the season if looked after properly which means not playing more than 1 game a week, and lightening his load at training, particularly at the start of the week after each game. So Thaiday definitely shouldn't back up.

The Crane

Juniors
In the Courier Mail last week they announced the possible captain for next season would come from a list that included Parker, Thaiday and Glenn. So it does look like Glenn might captain the side if we rest all the Origin players.

Hodges is apparently not interested in being captain.

Broncos fan!

Juniors
In the Courier Mail last week they announced the possible captain for next season would come from a list that included Parker, Thaiday and Glenn. So it does look like Glenn might captain the side if we rest all the Origin players.

Hodges is apparently not interested in being captain.

Glenn will be a good captain.

Not too bothered about Hodges apparently not wanting to be captain. No matter what, Hodges is always going to have a major influence on the attitude of the players around him and will be inspirational. Yow Yeh is a player who has obviously benefited from it.

DecoyRunner

Juniors
Hook gave the boys until Thursday off. Maybe he's been pushing them too hard at training. That would be one reason for the capitulation in Penrith. Were Penrith willing to work harder for the two points, or were the boys just knackered? They sure looked it.

NFI

Juniors
If Locky, Hodges, Hannant, Thaiday, Parker & Yow Yeh are all fighting fit come the finals this year, will everyone acknowledge Hook has made the right calls?? every year the senior players complain about burn out and the results from previous years support their concerns.
Can't see the forest for all those bloody trees!!!!!

Broncos fan!

Juniors
I 100% support Hooks decision. I really like what he has done so far as coach and I have faith that he will make the right decision.

I've explained it before, and others probably have too, but Thaiday will never back up this year. Hook said it himself.