What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 12 V Dogs

betcats

Referee
NSW is a boys club. I doubt there is going to be as many changes as there should be.

Cook
Wighton
Latrell

Will all play

I think there is a fair chance Cook could get dropped, Freddy dropped some guys last year and we won the series in 2019.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
NSW is a boys club. I doubt there is going to be as many changes as there should be.

Cook
Wighton
Latrell

Will all play

Im not convinced Latrells in that club.

He was ordinary on the weekend, particularly his efforts in defence. It wouldn’t have pleased Freddy and the other selectors.

I think Wighton on the bench if no Paps is fine.

Cook, well he’s a long way down the list of good hookers at the moment. I’d have Mitch Kenny over him. He shouldn’t be anywhere near a Blues side.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
This'll be my first live game this year. The in laws will be watching the kids and we're going to have lunch and see this juggernaut in person. Keen to see all the off the ball stuff you miss on TV.

You won’t be disappointed mate! Blue Bet stadium is electric these days!

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Mitch Kenny was playing better than Cook.
Really aside from a few glimpses of his brilliance against terrible teams, Cook hasn't been great in a couple seasons.

He's living on reputation mostly

Yep, I agree. Cook has been dog shit for a while now.

Last edited:

CCJohnC

Juniors
This'll be my first live game this year. The in laws will be watching the kids and we're going to have lunch and see this juggernaut in person. Keen to see all the off the ball stuff you miss on TV.

First game for us for a couple of years coming down from Central Coast.

Jane Murray

Bench
Bazz is a total dick if he picks Flanno
Bazz is a total dick anyway. I am not meaning to be disrespectful to the Bulldogs, when we played them last time, we scored 28 unanswered points, in torrential rain. On Saturday, the day is supposed to be dry, we will rack up more than that. I sort of feel sorry for them.

franklin2323

Immortal

All 3 grades too...Should be a good day.

What you will see in person that you don't on TV. Is things like everyone in motion. There is no just one out stuff. Every tackle there are several options keeps the defence guessing

betcats

Referee
Who was dropped last year? alot were unavailable to start with

Dropped to the bench, so not really dropped but not picked in the halves despite winning the previous series.

Fitler will be gone if he doesnt win this series so I expect there will be a lot less loyalty, the teams performance was embarrassing last year he knows he got most of the blame.

kyussian

Juniors
I noted that JFH got zero Dally M points, but as usual he was brilliant and was the cornerstone of the pack. If JFH fires, we win. It's that simple.

I marvel at his ability to hit the line, smashing into blokes who are bigger than him and yet he still makes progress forward. He must be incredibly strong for his size (like Paul Gallen was) and he has this fierce determination that is frankly, scary.

One day, people will wear with pride tee-shirts that say "I was trampled over by JFH". Small children will ask with awe "Grandad, tell us about the day you were smashed by JFH".

Grandad will reply "Ahh yes, I remember it like yesterday. He was taking his third hit up of the set and finally, I could see him he was heading my way".

"Oh Grandad, did he have those Shark eyes showing", Grandad smiles "Yes he did, his famous steely stare. Two people in the crowd looked him in the eyes and they fainted just from a mere glance. Luckily, I was focused on his chest, getting ready for impact. I could see him clearly now, he was just metres away and it was my chance to tackle him, just like I dreamed of".

The children gasped, 'What happened next Grandad?". "Well, he did what he always did, he just trampled straight over the top of me, dragging two team mates along the ground. His foot left its mark on my chest. You can still see the imprint to this day".

"Oh, can we see it Grandad?", squealed the smallest child. "Of course, I'm very lucky to have played against him". He stood up and opened his shirt, in the middle of his chest was a perfectly shaped imprint of a boot. "Oh Grandad, he was size 11".

I am quite sure that the bogey man checks under his bed at night to make sure JFH isn't there......

This reminds me of a chat I had a few years ago with one our ex-forwards. His child was at the same children's birthday party as mine & no one knew who he was so it was the perfect opportunity to approach him for a friendly chat.

Talked about stuff that was circulating around in the media at the time such as the 'behind the scenes' politics & factions & he was very open & candid without giving away too much of whatever he knew.

The only takeaway I recall from that 'privileged' conversation was his answer to my question about "who should I be looking out for regarding upcoming players?" & he was emphatic with his response along the lines of "keep an eye out for this kid called Fisher-Harris - he's easily the strongest & hardest player I've ever come across & that's only from training sessions. He's a bull at the gate ready to unleash! He's going to be special!!".

I dont think there's a bigger wrap to be placed than that from one of your 'senior' peers that's not a cliche comment in front of the cameras talking up a new talent. You could sense that his sentiment was a combination of resignation & awe at the same time.

We cannot discount the significant contribution that the Fish has had on this team. We need him fit & firing to complete this season (& more to come!) so hopefully his workload is managed because I daresay we need to protect him from himself because it doesnt seem like he's ready to slow down. We must do everything to ensure he remains a Panther for life.