What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 12 V Dogs

Kilkenny

Coach
I agree with Martie on this issue. I just don’t get the hate for Trent Barrett. We allowed certain players to test there value in the open market so they were fair game regardless of which clubs chose to pursue them. Loyalty is a two way thing, we were ruthless in off loading players who were under contract who we wanted to off load so we can’t complain when the ball is on the other foot.

Pomoz

Bench
I agree with Martie on this issue. I just don’t get the hate for Trent Barrett. We allowed certain players to test there value in the open market so they were fair game regardless of which clubs chose to pursue them. Loyalty is a two way thing, we were ruthless in off loading players who were under contract who we wanted to off load so we can’t complain when the ball is on the other foot.
Kilkenny, you mangled the saying there! It's boot or shoe, not ball! Come on mate, it's not rocket surgery...

I still can’t work out out what I said that was a c**k up but it has been a long day with too many drinks to dull the pain of 25 stable-ford points. For the non golfers 25 points is not a good day.

All I know about golf is my sisters tdi Pacifica that cheated in its emission exams.

Unsettling car to drive. It takes off slower than Tamou. 0-60 in an hour and a half.

hindy111

Post Whore
He's an awful coach. With no loyalty whatsoever having bailed on us twice.

Which is fine. When you're shit at your job you need to jump at opportunities. But trying to raid all our players is not fine. Driving up prices, taking players we wanted to keep but couldnt because he threw too much money at them and then hounding us to release them early which had the media turning against us for holding a career back. That quickly changes once everyone sees we are delaying him throwing his career away for 2 years

If he showed us some respect it would be fine. But after the opportunities we give him he's quick to take whatever he can from us and force us into bidding wars to keep what we have.

I reckon he looks like a smug f**kwit. And Brown was right to slap him in the face. I hope he fails miserably.

hindy111

Post Whore
The whole Burton thing stunk. Not only did they sign him but the way they publicly said hand him over now. I laugh at all the media gurus who wanted to give opinion Penrith are being stubborn letting him rot in NSW cup.
Now who has egg on their faces? Burton's costs himself 300k a season. On open market right now he would,d be getting atleast 800k. A desperate side may even throw him a 5yr x 1 mill deal imo.
I still think long term he will be a Rooster. But porb should of went to Brisbane.

Forgive my impertinence, but um ah let’s not get too smug about coaches being unfaithful my beloved brothers and sisters.

There were no tears for the Tigers when you broke and entered into our club and stole our sitting coach.

There was much boasting and vileness from many ( not all mind you).

Trent isnt exactly making the best of it either imho and unlikely to at this rate. He just buys the wrong players I think.

Black Magik

Juniors
Forgive my impertinence, but um ah let’s not get too smug about coaches being unfaithful my beloved brothers and sisters.

There were no tears for the Tigers when you broke and entered into our club and stole our sitting coach.

Trent isnt exactly making the best of it either imho and unlikely to at this rate. He just buys the wrong players I think.
I need to wipe a tear from my eye....sorry for the pause but....sounds a lot like the Tigers recruitment strategy. Pay overs for mud average.

MugaB

Coach
I need to wipe a tear from my eye....sorry for the pause but....sounds a lot like the Tigers recruitment strategy. Pay overs for mud average.
I've got that tissue box for you, Magik.

I cry most days when i see the score at fulltime these past few years, usually tears of joy... but still tears....
Thank you Ivan for raising your winning percentage with us, if you stuck it out at Wests, maybe would have been at the unemployment line by now

chrisD

Coach
Persisting with Crichton at fullback is annoying. Hope Edwards is fit through the finals and it never matters.

CCJohnC

Juniors
Coming down from Central Coast for the first time to a game since 2016 meeting my son at Panthers mid morning. Can anyone please let me know best place to park. Thanks. Looking forward to watching the game live and not on Fox although I am recording both games.

Panther Pete

Juniors
Coming down from Central Coast for the first time to a game since 2016 meeting my son at Panthers mid morning. Can anyone please let me know best place to park. Thanks. Looking forward to watching the game live and not on Fox although I am recording both games.
Should be plenty of parking at Panthers if you are arriving mid morning.

mxlegend99

Referee

Ivan agreed to be Panthers coach after his contract was up and was going to see out his contract. Tigers didnt want a coach that had already committed elsewhere so they went looking for his replacement, found him and then negotiated a release. They didnt want him after he committed elsewhere. Obviously Ivan left Tigers in a bad position, but how many coaches have Tigers done almost exactly that to? They got a better coach out of it, paid for by Ivan himself.

Since he left he hasn't tried poaching any players. He has literally only taken players Tigers didn't want. Rejects on minimum wage to pad out the roster with experience for all the guys we can't keep.

Had he remained odds are he's sacked because Tigers miss the top 8 yet again. As it stands now he's still copping all the blame for issue that existed before he arrived and still exist long after he left.

He signed players on overs. But that's an issue with the club itself. Both for allowing him to throw any amount of money at players, and for having a reputation where no player wants to join for anything less than massive overs. Ivan had nothing to do with dumb recruitment decisions like BJ Leilua, James Roberts, Adam Doeuhi etc. These guys are just proof that the recruitment decisions Ivan made while not great were pretty much an issue any coach would face.

No genuine superstar will join the Tigers. They use them for bargaining elsewhere. Instead you get the rock or diamonds guys who want superstar money to join and you sign them hoping they deliver more often than not. On the rare occasions you signed good players on good money, they want out to get bigger money elsewhere. I just hope you don't face that same issue again with Daine Laurie.

WestyLife

First Grade

I'm doing the same as you from Central coast and will park at Panthers.

Pomoz

Bench
There is always plenty of parking in the streets near Nepean Village (KMart). I used to park on Stafford Street, Brown Street and sometimes Castlereagh Street. You walk straight back through the Nepean Village Car Park and you are the ground in five minutes. Better still, you can get out after the game finishes and miss the traffic around the stadium.