What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 12 V Dogs

The Realist

Juniors
That was a difficult game to watch. Our backlines passes regularly hitting the ground. Silly penalties, not securing the ball. We were never in any real danger there - never really kicked out of 2nd gear but if we play like that next game and Tigers play like they did last night - we may well get our 1st loss of the season handed to us.

Ever since the calls started to go out for Luai to play...he hasn't played particularly well. IMO he sort of played himself out of a jersey today.

Original Name

Juniors
Teams that can't compete with us firing will slow down the ruck because they can't handle us when the game's quick so they'll drag us into a dog fight as long the refs allow them to. Nothing new here, the same thing happens with teams against the Roosters, that's part of how the Tigers beat them twice the first of their back to back premiership years when Ivan was coaching them.

Fans better get used to this now that we're the hunted.

Last edited:

Original Name

Juniors
For data backing up how much we were slowed down.
https://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/draw/nrl-premiership/2021/round-12-panthers-v-bulldogs/
Average ptb speed
Panthers: 3.8's
Bulldogs: 3.24's
We were going up the middle so much easier than them but our ptb speed was so close even when it started to blow out. And that's how massive underdogs win. By doing stuff like this. Actually punishing it makes upsets much rarer for anyone who's angry about it but angry about how little upsets there are now in the NRL.

Last edited:
Great crowd today for a 3pm Saturday kick off.

The game in my opinion was ruined as a spectacle by the referee.

The frustration in the western stand was reaching boiling point, it was really hard to watch.

His policing of the 10 was non existent and there was little opportunity for any free flowing ball movement.

It really was a shame for the crowd in attendance so I can only imagine how it may have looked watching on TV.

The 10-metre policing was definitely a factor in restricting the free flowing play that the Panthers are used to.

It played right into the Bulldogs hands as they too were playing the stop-start game by trying to find touch with almost every 5th tackle option they had.

GongPanther

Referee
Matt Noyan. Newbie. No nothing about him but when the review of his performance is done he needs an uppercut because seriously his policing of the 10 was as bad as I have seen for some time. It wasn’t even players three and four wide of the play the ball who were off side, every single play the players either side if him were standing two to three metres in front of him. It made no difference to the outcome of the game it just ruined the speed of the game and hence as a spectacle it wasn’t great to watch. It was just a shame for a great crowd.
How strong was the wind yesterday, did that affect the Panthers running into it in that first half?

GongPanther

Referee
For data backing up how much we were slowed down.
https://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/draw/nrl-premiership/2021/round-12-panthers-v-bulldogs/
Average ptb speed
Panthers: 3.8's
Bulldogs: 3.24's
We were going up the middle so much easier than them but our ptb speed was so close even when it started to blow up. And that's how massive underdogs win. By doing stuff like this. Actually punishing it makes upsets much rarer for anyone who's angry about it but angry about how little upsets there are now in the NRL.
What is Average ptb speed?

GongPanther

Referee
A talent like Suualii usually goes to the highest bidder. The club doesn't get into bidding wars.
So I assume there was no wriggle room when the Panthers management were already trying to juggle the cap at it was at the time.

I think Suualii ended up getting $700k for two years, and I doubt at the time of that signing, nobody could have matched that price.

But going by his first outing for Easts, he is going be be something special, and IMO will be in SOO next season.

BxTom

Bench
So I assume there was no wriggle room when the Panthers management were already trying to juggle the cap at it was at the time.

I think Suualii ended up getting $700k for two years, and I doubt at the time of that signing, nobody could have matched that price.

But going by his first outing for Easts, he is going be be something special, and IMO will be in SOO next season.
And it's possible that he might have a career ending injury next game out - recruitment is a risky game.

Latest posts