What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 12 v Parra

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Mansour is 24 in a couple of weeks, he hasn't made a massive amount out of RL yet as he came to Penrith just looking for an opportunity. He has now proved himself and is primed for the biggest contract of his career. I won't begrudge him for taking the extra cash.

That's assuming Idris comes back because him and Whare are our centre without a doubt and Ivan won't move Wallace to play Moylan in the halves. So if all fit

1.Moylan
3.Whare
4.Idris

These are 100% locks

chrisD

Coach
That means we'll have to lose a few. The Jennings boys, Nabuli, Blake or even DWZ. Players of this class won't stay for NSW cup

I wouldn't be ok with losing DWZ to keep Mansour as he's probably our long term future at FB, but the others I think it's worthy of discussion, he does offer so much.

chrisD

Coach
Was also a really good come from behind win for 20s last night. We didn't have much in attack and had more possession than our score would suggest, we're just a bit short on strike talent in the team but they played smart and just kept coming to grind it out.

Strong defensive game which you don't often see at that level.

The fullback Harawira was very strong and should have done Geyer out of the spot.

abpanther

Staff member
Its a tough decision also because Mansour helps us win now and we have some pretty good momentum at the moment with crowds

Panther Pete

Juniors
Mansour is 24 in a couple of weeks, he hasn't made a massive amount out of RL yet as he came to Penrith just looking for an opportunity. He has now proved himself and is primed for the biggest contract of his career. I won't begrudge him for taking the extra cash.

I wouldn't begrudge him either but you would think if we get even close to the raiders offer he would have to give it some thought because at this point, we look a lot more likely to be successful in the next few seasons than Canberra.

Pantherjim.

Referee
Fantastic game! Always sweet when we rack up cricket scores on Parrascum.

Tell me, why are we letting the Raiders get their grubby mits on Josh Mansour again?!

Simmons should be under pressure now.

There's too much talent behind him to ignore anymore. I'd be bringing in Nabulli or DWZ for him pretty soon.

Probably makes more sense for it to be DWZ as it gives him that experience before moving to fullback in the future.

Fantastic game! Always sweet when we rack up cricket scores on Parrascum.

Tell me, why are we letting the Raiders get their grubby mits on Josh Mansour again?!

Gus seems reluctant ( understandably) to overpay any players , let alone wingers.

The strategy is very sound in the long term but may result from time to time in losing some players.

That said Mansours genuine value is growing all the time.

He's worth much more to a team than most wingers.

In regards to Moylan & moving into the halves. It doesn't have to happen soon.

He's playing well at fullback ( despite a lack off pace) & Wallace & Soward are going along nicely.

However Wallace & Soward are both towards the end of their careers and will likely pick up injuries from time to time. So hopefully Moylan gets a shot in there at times in preparation for what is very likely his permanent position in the future.

Doomednow

Bench
Great game. Everyone playing excellently. Some people will still refuse to recognise it (other teams fans) but we've got a handy halves pairing, and the rest of spine is quality as well.

Peachey really hitting his straps. Brown had a great game. Solid debut for Cartwright. Jeez I could give a shout out for every player that ran out.

I'm really liking this team.

maple_69

Bench
I think it's really indicative of the team Ivan is building that we don't have any Origins reps. Other fans would look at our side and not see those 2/3 superstars every other team has. Our team is quality across the field and they play well as a team. Our depth is also far and away the best in the league.
We still need to beat some quality opposition but our attack is really starting to get results and defence very good.

I think DWZ playing on the wing in NSW Cup is an indication that we're in no rush to move Moylan at this stage.

Panther Pete

Juniors
The thing that impressed me most out of that game was out intensity in defence was the same in the 79th minute as it was in the 1st. If we can maintain that intensity for the remainder of the season we will continue to win more than we lose.

Latest posts