What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 12 v Tigers

BLM01

First Grade
Thick and thin guys, thick and thin.

This is a tickle compared to the last 7 years of punishment.

We'll get some actual first graders back soon and with JDB back at lock we will go on a run.

Just a little patience..
Yes in sickness and in health
for better for worse
Tonight was the worse but that is OK
Onto the Broncs next week minus our origin stars :grin:

Dragon David

First Grade
Ramsey’s second game in the position mate, give him 5 seasons and if he’s still doing it you can bag him.

I'm bagging him now. No way is he showing me that he beats Dufty at fullback. Jigging and Jagging don't get you tries. His hair makes him look bedraggled and to me is affecting his vision. Lots have said that Dufty cannot take the high ball - which is wrong, none of us can. We let them score 3 converted tries from our players not being able to diffuse the bombs. No wonder Dufty had a good laugh in the stands.

The other young kids have not tasted first grade and we don't know how they can handle the rise, so who will be our fullback in place of Dufty from now to the next few years? I hope it is not Ramsey.

The other thing that gets me is that we complained about Aitken not passing the ball - I was furious to see Beale doing the same. Get him OOOOFFFFF.

I know we had basically a fill in team tonight and we will be getting some of the better troops back slowly and they might help to get us playing decently but still I think we will struggle to win games.

Hook, Elliott and Gentle are not the answer for a team of underwhelming, mistake ridden players. They are not the answer now. I'm only saying this because our season has been derailed seriously with injuries and suspensions and things look dire. Our coaches can only do the best they can with the cattle we have got. It still pisses me off though.

moes

Bench
Ramsey good will get better its either you want a fullback that is sound or you want a fullback that is probably not as good with defence but has the ability to set up tries and score them ..... I know who I would pick ....

Ok so where do the tries come from
?

Ted bartolo

Juniors
I don't under stand how dragons can be announcing there getting rid of Duffy when Norman is useless. Ramsy not first grade standard. yet.Whole forward pack useless tonight.. Can't understand how people are bagging hunt when the forwards aren't going forward. Still think we are good chance of making the 8.Hoping Amone,Debelen.Sullivan. Lomax.RavaDufty get us there.Hopefully Norman gets dropped or injured.Just my opinion

Last edited:

carltonsouth79

First Grade
So next week we get one forward back, Kerr and maybe JDB off teh
If we’re up against Penriff I’d agree with you. But we were up against the tigers who’s players wouldn’t play first grade on the majority of other teams. Not saying we should’ve won that easily. But we should’ve shown some heart by doing the basics like catching and passing.
agree our basic errors very costly. We were forced to make so many more tackles and gave away a lot more repeat sets trying to slow them down. Our forwards just had very little impact. Young blocker has been great this year but really off the pace tonight. Our back 3 inconsistent for mine. Ford I think more of an edge player. Sims had a good second half but shocker first half. I just don’t know about Burns. He looks like he might create something but then , not. Positives I thought were Beale, Bird and Williame in the backs. Ramsey so so. Halves behind a beaten pack hard to judge but Tallis and others implying in games like that your halves need a kicking game to keep you in it. Happened a few times but not consistently.

Dragsters

First Grade
can’t agree with you mate. We had our $2 million halves and we were up against one of the worst teams in the comp and we couldn’t even do the basics right like hold onto the ball. Missing players are excuses that shit teams like us use

Exactly.

It wouldn't matter if you had 10 million halves if you have a pack half full of rookies with no go forward and a backline half full of hasbeens that kept turning over possession.

In Rugby League world ...
* If you don't have halves who bend the line, you're f***ed
* If you don't have forwards who can break the line or draw defenders and offload, you're f***ed
* If you don't have a full-back and wingers who can catch a high ball, you're f***ed
* If your halfback always looks like his dog just died, you're f***ed
* If you have a coach who looks like the fat kid from Hey Dad, with the personality of a boiled cabbage, who doesn't seem to be able to affect any positive change in his squad after three months pre-season training and half a regular season, you're f***ed.
* If you tell your principal attacking weapon that he's not wanted in mid-season while suffering a shoulder injury, you're f***ed.

denis preston

First Grade
My God are people seriously writing off Griffin already? Yeah I'm pissed about tonight's loss I can't stand losing especially to the Tigers of all teams.

But seriously? The mess Mary has left us in will take more than half a friggin season to fix!! Griffin is giving young kids a go for starters. We are inconsistent as buggery but that's understandable considering we have TEN players out, take that many players out of any other team and they would struggle to. The least we can do is stand by and support the bloke for the duration of his contract.

Yes losing sucks and I'm annoyed to but people have tendency to forget quickly and want a quick fix for everything, sack the coach, sack the halves, sack the him etc. And replace them with who exactly? Yes we have potential stars but throwing them in the deep end now will only do more harm than good.
Ive got two words to say to you RDV : SPOT On !

Como Connection

First Grade
I don't under stand how dragons can be announcing there getting rid of Duffy when Norman is useless. Ramsy not first grade standard. yet.Whole forward pack useless tonight.. Can't understand how people are bagging hunt when the forwards aren't going forward. Still think we are good chance of making the 8.Hoping Amone,Debelen.Sullivan. Lomax.RavaDufty get us there.Hopefully Norman gets dropped or injured
Hunt clearly best for Saints tonight again.
CC

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
My God are people seriously writing off Griffin already? Yeah I'm pissed about tonight's loss I can't stand losing especially to the Tigers of all teams.

But seriously? The mess Mary has left us in will take more than half a friggin season to fix!! Griffin is giving young kids a go for starters. We are inconsistent as buggery but that's understandable considering we have TEN players out, take that many players out of any other team and they would struggle to. The least we can do is stand by and support the bloke for the duration of his contract.

Yes losing sucks and I'm annoyed to but people have tendency to forget quickly and want a quick fix for everything, sack the coach, sack the halves, sack the him etc. And replace them with who exactly? Yes we have potential stars but throwing them in the deep end now will only do more harm than good.

Yes, I am writing off Hook as a coach for the modern game. The team lines up flat in attack giving the opposition no trouble to stop them. The team has players who rush in in defence, allowing the opposition to exploit the gaps around them. He has implemented stupid tactics like short drop-outs despite not having the players who can make it work. These are things he should have control over.

Yes losing sucks. I could handle that if the team was showing signs of improvement. But they aren't. They are going backwards, and based on tonights performance has no plan to correct the deficiencies.

thebigredv

First Grade
Hunt clearly best for Saints tonight again.
CC

I'm assuming you mean Ben not Jayden who has had about 4 touches in first grade which have included knocking himself out cold, a clumsy knock on near the line and then having the ball effortlessly ripped from his grasp.

Says something about our 'system'. This is the player Hook thinks is ripe for first grade?

jeffdragon

Bench
Hook sounding disappointed, blaming our errors and repeats for putting us under too much defensive pressure.
Says we can fix it. Everything crossed that we can.
Days the same thing as the nba team coach I follow who are about to be eliminated
Bullshit.
This is dragons for you

Crush

Coach
Wow, I am surprised with the full scale meltdown in here over this game. I mean I was hopeful of a 13+ victory but I’m not at all surprised that we got pumped.
Our season was over a couple of weeks ago when we lost Dufty, Rava, Fui, etc.
Not much point getting upset at the reserve grade team for leaking 34 points.
I thought Tigers played well, one of their best games of the season.
Dragons got owned across the park, out-enthused and beat up.
Luciano was excellent, shame we let him go.
Not sure what people expected, our first grade team couldn’t beat Tigers at home, what did you think a team with Gerard Beale in it was going to achieve?

BLM01

First Grade
Y
Thoughts on Ramsey tonight? I wasn’t overly impressed. Too harsh?[/QUOTE

Yes
He has played 3/ halves of football at NRL level at fullback
takes a lot of time and experience to handle that position regularly due to the amount of work you need to do off the ball
we can’t judge him yet especially when will behind the eightball all game
He tried hard and often made a few mistakes and was out of position a couple of times wrong bloke to be judging on our poor performance at this stage

Latest posts