What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 12 vs Cowboys.

Munky

Coach
Go on Facebook each week and all you see is bullshit about refs helping Panthers.

Nevermind that with 58% possession and dominating yardage. Making 70%+ more metres. We got smashed in penalty count, opposition once again managed to have faster play the balls and somehow everyone is cool when its nathan being hit late, attacking his legs while kicking etc. Without penalty.

We must have had more disallowed tries than any team. We would also lose play the ball speeds most weeks despite clearly being the dominant team in both attack and defence. We just play so fast and cop it in our stride without letting it get to us no one sees how often calls go against us.

We should dominate penalty counts and set restarts each week or have a hell of aot faster play the ball speed with our dominance. But teams tend to get away with slowing us down and somehow we're the ones accused of it.

Come finals the penalties won't be blown.

So losing the count now is meaningless.

Kilkenny

Coach
I watch in awe of this side.

A bit clunky in attack yet again, should have won by more but our defence is just something to behold. The Cowboys looked good early but from the moment we scored first they really weren’t in the contest. Great win if again far from perfect.

Iamback

Coach
Go on Facebook each week and all you see is bullshit about refs helping Panthers.

Nevermind that with 58% possession and dominating yardage. Making 70%+ more metres. We got smashed in penalty count, opposition once again managed to have faster play the balls and somehow everyone is cool when its nathan being hit late, attacking his legs while kicking etc. Without penalty.

We must have had more disallowed tries than any team. We would also lose play the ball speeds most weeks despite clearly being the dominant team in both attack and defence. We just play so fast and cop it in our stride without letting it get to us no one sees how often calls go against us.

We should dominate penalty counts and set restarts each week or have a hell of aot faster play the ball speed with our dominance. But teams tend to get away with slowing us down and somehow we're the ones accused of it.

To be fair it isn't just us

Nothing will convince me that refs haven't been told to slow the game. Prevent blow outs where possible the standard of play has been average this year.

Close yes but too stop start

Kilkenny

Coach
I just got home, clicked on the highlights on the main panthers website just to watch Tago’s try saving tackle on Holmes. No where to be seen I’ll have to look elsewhere. I don’t know where he came from but live at the game it was special.

The game appeared to be referred differently after the break to before it. For certain referees there seems to be a lot of managing of the game; not for one side to win over the other, but for it to remain close on the scoreboard.

Made for a blusher of a second half.

Iamback

Coach
The game appeared to be referred differently after the break to before it. For certain referees there seems to be a lot of managing of the game; not for one side to win over the other, but for it to remain close on the scoreboard.

Made for a blusher of a second half.

That is how I see it

I just got home, clicked on the highlights on the main panthers website just to watch Tago’s try saving tackle on Holmes. No where to be seen I’ll have to look elsewhere. I don’t know where he came from but live at the game it was special.
I never realise he was so quick; but then again, no one did (just winding you up @Girds89.

Pity he stuffed up that try; but good lesson learnt when it didn’t really cost us. It’s a long season for young guys making their way in first grade; could do with a week or too off to freshen up (mentally as much as anything; he looks like the only Panther who isn’t really enjoying himself out there).

The Realist

Juniors
Would we have above 50% recovery from short restarts since 2020?
It is a clear weakness that I have constantly harped on. It appears as if the coaching staff either haven’t noticed or just don’t care. I was on that side of the field when those 3 instances happened in front of me. By the 3rd time I knew we’d fail again. We lined up in the same stupid formation. Kikau should have lined up out front 2nd person in from the side line with Tago dropping back.

It hasn’t cost us much yet in terms of wins/losses but this is the kind of shit that can be exploited and has the potential to knock us out in a close final.

Kilkenny

Coach
It is a clear weakness that I have constantly harped on. It appears as if the coaching staff either haven’t noticed or just don’t care. I was on that side of the field when those 3 instances happened in front of me. By the 3rd time I knew we’d fail again. We lined up in the same stupid formation. Kikau should have lined up out front 2nd person in from the side line with Tago dropping back.

It hasn’t cost us much yet in terms of wins/losses but this is the kind of shit that can be exploited and has the potential to knock us out in a close final.
Dylan was enormous again tonight. Your favourite.

The Realist

Juniors
Tago has some serious wheels, he rounded up Holmes who is a noted flyer quite easily. Once he gets the odd error out of his game, he will be one hell of a playe..
He is very reminiscent of a young Jennings. Perhaps not quite as dynamic a ball runner (I haven’t seen anyone with a better mix of agility, speed and tackle breaking ability as Panthers Jennings) but he is already a far better defender.

Kilkenny

Coach
Yeah he was very good. What does that have to do with short drop out recovery though?
He’s our fullback, I’m not sure he should be standing on the 10 metre line to be in position to take a short drop out. The guy is just everywhere, he-really is a freak. I just watch the guy in awe in what he delivers for this team, I have never seen a fullback who delivers what Dylan does in the defensive role of the position. Tonight was even better because he scored a try and set another up but overall that is not his strength. The guy is a freak. He really is.

The Realist

Juniors
He’s our fullback, I’m not sure he should be standing on the 10 metre line to be in position to take a short drop out.

I didn’t mention him at all on the issue of fielding short drop outs. I thought our formation was off with Kikau being poor positioned. We had Tago 2 in on the 10m line and it was obvious they would target him every single time.

Whilst you mention Edwards though, he does have a bit of a problem with contested kicks.

WestyLife

First Grade
I didn’t mention him at all on the issue of fielding short drop outs. I thought our formation was off with Kikau being poor positioned. We had Tago 2 in on the 10m line and it was obvious they would target him every single time.

Whilst you mention Edwards though, he does have a bit of a problem with contested kicks.

A few people hold onto these things with a particularly tight grip. That's all it is. Look at Girds bragging about Tago even though Staines did the same earlier in the year.

Everything said about Edwards at the time was accurate.

Girds89

Bench
A few people hold onto these things with a particularly tight grip. That's all it is. Look at Girds bragging about Tago even though Staines did the same earlier in the year.

Everything said about Edwards at the time was accurate.
Wouldnt call a post at the start of the year and a 2nd last night referencing the first post bragging. Its not something ive harped on about.

Also have never ever ever knocked staines speed. Hes made some great try savers. I literally praised him all year. Said too should force his way back in cause staines was playing so well. So your off your head lol.

But the fact is i think tago would be close to our fastest over 30 or 40.

Last night showed that..as i said Val clocked the equal 2nd fastest time for the 40 yard dash at the nfl combine.

Tago mowed him down like he was joel clinton.

WestyLife

First Grade
Wouldnt call a post at the start of the year and a 2nd last night referencing the first post bragging. Its not something ive harped on about.

Also have never ever ever knocked staines speed. Hes made some great try savers. I literally praised him all year. Said too should force his way back in cause staines was playing so well. So your off your head lol.

But the fact is i think tago would be close to our fastest over 30 or 40.

Last night showed that..as i said Val clocked the equal 2nd fastest time for the 40 yard dash at the nfl combine.

Tago mowed him down like he was joel clinton.

I don't disagree. I still get confused that he's a forward with his size, speed and skill. Just weird people have such a thing about proving themselves right.

Girds89

Bench
I don't disagree. I still get confused that he's a forward with his size, speed and skill. Just weird people have such a thing about proving themselves right.
I dont think hes a forward. Not for 5 or 6 years anyway.

Definitley not that big..

Mate happens every day on here. You are just as guilty of it as i am and others. Its not a bad thing as long as its not continous everyday harping on etc.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Luai is in a very tricky spot with this charge he's facing. If he gets suspended he might not ever get his NSW spot back. Hynes is such a good player

WestyLife

First Grade
Luai is in a very tricky spot with this charge he's facing. If he gets suspended he might not ever get his NSW spot back. Hynes is such a good player

Good chance he gets at least a week. Judiciary are notorious for going soft pre origin though.