What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 12 vs Roosters

Willow

Assistant Moderator
That was more pure brilliance from Tedesco than poor play from Suli. Latrell did the same thing in the Parra game.
I was going to say, credit should be given to Tedesco for taking advantage. Suli had just caught a high kick, and was hitting the ground. He took it well but I challenge anyone to have 100% ball security in that situation. Tedesco just made a desperate grab, smart play on his part.

From my seat, Suli seemed to be involved in a lot of plays. He had a good game and scored a great try against the run of play. Surprised he was that fast over the distance.

Mojo

Bench
If the players all of a sudden do all the stuff we think they can't do everyone will blame Hook and say he coached it out of them due to the game plan or lack thereof.

If the players do some of the stuff I have highlighted a few posts back and instantly do it well then IMO the players themselves should also be held responsible for having not shown one iota of guts to put on the paddock what should have been there every week for 2.5 years if not longer.

If the players are incapable of showing anything more than what we have been getting then the coach never had a chance in the 1st place despite Hook being the wrong fit.

IMO there are some players at our club that have far too much power and sway including over coaches, selections, game plans and ultimately outcomes.

What is exciting for me is that we now get to see the absolute reality of the situation we are in and make proper assessments re our roster moving forward.
If there truly is a split in the group it will be more evident tonight than ever.

The pro Hunt / Hook group will be smarting and probably subdued.

The anyone but Hook brigade will be looking to play some footy.

I will be interested whether we run with all cylinders or cough and splutter our way around the paddock and of even more interest what Hunt does with the ball when he gets it in his hands.
I was very pleasantly surprised that Hunt looked so much more part of the team.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
His ball security seemed pretty good when he ran the length of the field to score.
#glasshalffull
Watch again, it was ordinary in that he grounded unnecessarily before the line risking it popping out before sliding over. that would have gone down real well on the forum.

OK - 3 situations. The Radley headbut. The Brown headhigh. The Smith forward pass. All pretty much let go. For a change, we rose above that. And Carr's emotion. That's the Dragons. That's what I want to see.
Totally agree. Plus two tries from forward passes. Under Hook we would have folded.
I think the messages the players are getting from Carr are more constructive and positive. They looked like they had a weight lifted from their shoulders with Hook gone.
Gough tried hard for the Rorters, but it wasn't enough.
Looking forward to seeing Radley get nailed by the MRC.
Sloan to wing. He's not a FB. Maybe time for Treigh Stewart to have a go. And Amone needs to play KoE for a while. So much potential but so little action...Makes a great break and then ruins it by passing too early to Sloan who was so close to him that they could have been holding hands.
Otherwise, we looked much better last night, and it's only the beginning.

RedVee_8

Juniors
I was going to say, credit should be given to Tedesco for taking advantage. Suli had just caught a high kick, and was hitting the ground. He took it well but I challenge anyone to have 100% ball security in that situation. Tedesco just made a desperate grab, smart play on his part.

From my seat, Suli seemed to be involved in a lot of plays. He had a good game and scored a great try against the run of play. Surprised he was that fast over the distance.
I was interested that the only bloke who tried to support was Liddle. He has good pace too.

steerlerbab

Juniors
I watched the game and noticed the following:
1. Sloan: The coaching staff need to work on his defence (the tackle that he missed and let to Roosters 3rd try) and also positioning (Early in first half Roosters kicked and the ball landed close to the sideline - I have noticed seasoned fullbacks will have a foot out and catch the ball - Sloan let the ball bounce).
2. Forwards: We leak a lot of points through the middle specially inside balls. When Tedesco got the ball and scored Roosters first try next to the poles there was none of our players near him!
3. Amone: Couple of his grubber kicks went out in full. He needs to have better control over his grubbers like Hunt.
4. Liddle: Fitness seems to be an issue. By now (11 rounds to season) he should have been fully fit and capable of playing 80 minutes. When he is in the field the team performs so much better.
5. Sullivan: Maybe Amone goes to 14 and Sullivan starts.

Latest posts