What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 13 - Dolphins

thebigredv

First Grade
A team that has never beaten us. Surely another two points! ;)

I assume origin will take our best player but other than that it won't wreak too much havoc on either team.

Actually looking forward to the footy now. Would be great to build some confidence from the win and should see Sullivan in the halves regardless which can only be a good thing.

Onwards and upwards!

Last edited:

jeffdragon

Bench
Miss Hunt big time.
Scored, set up 2 today.
Don't fancy the kicking game of Amone or Sully.
We played a reserve strength Broncs during origin last year.with Amone and Sully in the halves and lost.
With Lawrie's injury and Hunt out Mbye will be back in the 17.

Dea

Juniors
Sully replaces Hunt, Mbye to 14. Need a replacement for Lawrie which forces our hand with one of the up and comers. We still have a lot to do, but after tonight I feel we at least have a chance and can be competitive. Team played with more passion and freedom then I’ve seen for a long time.

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
Sully replaces Hunt, Mbye to 14. Need a replacement for Lawrie which forces our hand with one of the up and comers. We still have a lot to do, but after tonight I feel we at least have a chance and can be competitive. Team played with more passion and freedom then I’ve seen for a long time.
Just thought I'd mention it:

The problem with Mbye is that he was getting far, far too many minutes under Hook, especially to the point that Lids played in reserves which was completely unfair. But having Moses as an 18th man, and 14 in times of injury is certainly handy to have. So I'd assume in the Phins game that Mbye comes on at hooker only when Liddle's gassed.

sammymills

Juniors

The problem with Mbye is that he was getting far, far too many minutes under Hook, especially to the point that Lids played in reserves which was completely unfair. But having Moses as an 18th man, and 14 in times of injury is certainly handy to have. So I'd assume in the Phins game that Mbye comes on at hooker only when Liddle's gassed.
I never hated mbye. He seems like a great bloke and does try hard. Even last week he put a bell ringer of a tackle on that cowboys player and knocked him out. What I hated was that he was getting picked whilst we had far better, more exciting players behind him.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I never hated mbye. He seems like a great bloke and does try hard. Even last week he put a bell ringer of a tackle on that cowboys player and knocked him out. What I hated was that he was getting picked whilst we had far better, more exciting players behind him.
Mbye for me is a solid 14.

He can phill in across a number of key positions. So no matter what happens in a game, he’s a good phill in.

Hook unphortunately saw him as a starter.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Most probably Musgrove will get the nod.....if not might be time to give one of the x Manly lads a go....perfect opportunity to start blooding them with a view to the future....Will be interesting to see if Kerr tries to impress his new club with a big game...he went ok last night but jeez he hits the line soft for a big man

possm

Coach
It is a matter of the rookie coach up against the of fox who is one of the most successful NRL coaches in the game.

You can bet that Sloan will be peppered with bombs all game long and the back row will run at Amone at every opportunity. In addition these same two players are suspect in defence so, Carr needs to design some good defensive support around these two players.

In my opinion, our forwards are no match for the Dolphin's pack. Hunt will need to be urging them on all game long. We desperately need a couple of Fist-grade props however, I don't think that this is the game to promote our rookie props into first grade.

I'd say, luck will have to go our way for the Saints to score a win in this game.

jeffdragon

Bench

Noticed Liddie was backing up Suli just in case he got rundown.