What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 13 (Split Round)

camsmith

Juniors
Hey all, again just a thread for talk about this weekends games.. whos hot and whos not...... :D

A quick preview -

Port Adelaide vs Hawthorn at AAMI Stadium

I feel Port still arnt a team that can make finals.. Hawthorns midfield should leave port found wanting at center bounces. As long as the Hawks can find another couple of goal kickers i think they can sneak home with a win
Yes this isnt a mis-print :lol:

Dawks by 13

---------

Melbourne vs West Coast Eagles at M.C.G.

Who knows.. really... im just going by the fact that the Eagles in both games this year at the MCG have struggled, and both the teams they played their arnt anywhere near as good as the Dees, although not having long to recover from their last game.. i think the dees can get by, but only just.

Dees by 7

------------

Richmond vs Adelaide at Telstra Dome

Tigers played well last week while playing awful, as bad as they played... if they had've kicked straight might have even come away with a win. Most likely Richo,Simo and knoble will miss but morro and schulz (sp?) will have a go, hopefully staff can kick some goals but also win a few tapouts in the ruck. Adelaide are our bogey side and beat the saints at TD so it means they will be a tough challenge.

Tiges by 18

-----------

Western Bulldogs vs Carlton at Marrara Stadium

Dogs should run carlton off their feet, i feel this will be a high scoring game if the weathers good up there... Carlton have been awful this year and i dont think that will change this weekend.

Dogs by 33

--------------

Brisbane Lions vs Geelong at Gabba

Lions should get their 2nd win at home... but it wont be easy. Brisbane will be as pumped up as ever to please their home fans.. geelong while winning games, havnt been to convincing i dont think they wont be able to match it with the in-form Lions..

Lions by 1

------------

Fremantle vs Kangaroos at Subiaco Oval

Not that i really care at all about this game.... its hard to know which freo will turn up? The one that played the hawks a few weeks ago or the one who played and outclassed the Cats?
Kangaroos may have been (lucky) good against the Tiges last week, but i knew i wasnt watching a top 6 team playing Richmond.. i think Freo should get the upperhand, look for another high scoring game.

Freo by 26

------------

Essendon vs St Kilda at Telstra Dome

Boring.

lol i guess the saints will win at the dome, the dons have been oridinary this year. The blame for that can be put to their senior players for just not cutting it imo. They played ok against the Eagles but the Saints at the dome are usually un-stoppable.

Saints by 46

------------

Sydney Swans vs Collingwood at Telstra Stadium

And i thought Dons v Saints was boring....

*yawn* im not going be that excited next weekend am i? Ummmmmm the swans should get up, Collingwood have been great in the last 5 or so weeks... but so have the Swans... im too bored to really write much more about this game so...

Swans by 11 ;-)

Not the most researched previews of the games this week, but it'll do. Enjoy this weekends footy, i feel next weeks games wont be worth watching (although im gonna have to watch it as its all thats on :( )

so long.

camsmith

Juniors
Well there goes one upset tip..

Owell they were ok untill halftime.. but then just fell away.

meltiger

First Grade
camsmith said:
Hey all, again just a thread for talk about this weekends games.. whos hot and whos not......
biggrin.gif

A quick preview -

Port Adelaide vs Hawthorn at AAMI Stadium

I feel Port still arnt a team that can make finals.. Hawthorns midfield should leave port found wanting at center bounces. As long as the Hawks can find another couple of goal kickers i think they can sneak home with a win
Yes this isnt a mis-print
lol.gif

Dawks by 13

---------

Well for the first half you were partly right. I thought Hawthorn had the better of the midfield by a long shot in the first half. Few soft goals in time on in the first quarter gave Port a healthy halftime break but should have been about level.

I fell asleep after that, Kev what on earth happened in the 2nd half?!

camsmith

Juniors
lol yeh did i forgot to mention that preview only was meant for the first half... i left the preview for the 2nd half up to Kev :p

Will be on my way to TD in a couple of hours :D:D exciting.......... they better not make me regret choosing them over the Storm!

camsmith

Juniors
Next time i put all my tips up..... Put money on all 8 they are playing and you will surely win :|

0 from 2.. terrible. The Dees did get close though.. :s

CyberKev

Staff member
meltiger said:
Well for the first half you were partly right. I thought Hawthorn had the better of the midfield by a long shot in the first half. Few soft goals in time on in the first quarter gave Port a healthy halftime break but should have been about level.

I fell asleep after that, Kev what on earth happened in the 2nd half?!

The humiliation... The f**king humiliation!!!! ](*,)

I meant every word I said pregame about Hawthorn's big challenge for the night being to keep within ten goals of Port, but even I didn't think it would unravel to that degree. Absolutely pasted by the game's 'Dad's Army'... Shameful exhibition!

Surprisingly, I thought we went okay in the first half, particularly allowing for some of the helpful soft decisions that Port accrued. Young Boyle was the only genuine positive to come out of the debacle, and looked good in his opening game before tiring badly. Hardly a shock that he ran out of puff, given that he hasn't played a game for weeks, but very encouraging signs from a young footballer who has battled his way back from that horrific "Brown-like" leg break from last season.

Harry Miller? Dear oh Dear! I know the lad was trying, but god his kicking skills are poor! Thurgood! A mountain of endeavour and is good by foot, but rarely does a player look so inept with his handball! How many times can you dish off dolly 2-3 metre facsimile jobs to the lower leg proximity of a player under the pump???!!!

Still, its probably harsh to be picking on a couple of kids given the pitiful efforts of a few senior players last night.

A stunningly large portion of the Hawk faithful cling to the notion that Everitt should have been made club captain. Richie was the wrong choice, to be sure, but no way known would Spider have been the right one! His undisciplined immaturity can be perverse for a player on the wrong side of 30 and I was disgusted by a few of his efforts last night.

Ben Dixon? 10 weeks and counting to his overdue delisting hour. I may not believe in you, but thankyou God any bloody way!

Hodge and Crawford battled their guts out against oppressing odds all night, but Clarke was effectively the best player we had and it should shame a number of his teammates to realise that a tiny bloke who is in eternal danger of getting whisked away by a light breeze was willing to fight to the last for everything, when they had long since waved a white flag!

I've got to wear the shame as much as they do, and while I'll willingly accept defeat, performances like that are well below minimum acceptable standard and grate to the core!

I've followed the club for 30 years and while I've seen some big losses, I've NEVER seen a half of football from the club that was as pitiful as that one!

The break could not have come at a more opportune time and those players have a veritable mountain to climb in the remaining 9 weeks to effect the slim likelihood of avoiding a wooden spoon.

Absolutely pathetic!

Latest posts