What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 13 vs Roosters

redv13

Bench
Pitifully sad. The fact is a 'W' would have been the less desirable outcome in reality. The new competition for us is how quickly can we bring in a new coach and build for a new culture. I.e how soon can McGregor go.

A win tonight and McGregor would have been telling the world we beat the reigning premiers. At least now there's one less place to hide.

I said it last week the Paul Green was gone after the Roosters game. He was a decent enough to know he'd run his course there. Our coach was clearly there about 5 years ago.

Over to you Dragons board... Crickets...
This prick didn’t take a pay cut earlier this year when the comp was stopped for 2 months. This greedy bastard isn’t walking anytime soon, we as supporters shouldn’t expect him too. Why quit when you can be a useless flog, have minimal responsibilities and still earn 800,000 a year?? Absolute fraudster!! He talks about his love for the club. Pffft, more like he loves his bank balance each month as it grows and grows. This clown should be ashamed of himself. And the muppet board members and owners should also hang their heads in shame.

RedVDave

First Grade
Bitterly dissapointing we played a second string Roosters outfit and were made to look like absolute amateurs. With 90 seconds we conceded one of the softest tries I have ever seen. We had them on the ropes at stages and instead of capitalising we turned over soft football.

The only highlight was watching Sailor at 5/8 he had some very nice touches.

Dragsters

First Grade
"Wittenberg, post: 14261046, member: 45246"]Aitken bombed two tries tonight when we had two on one but failed to pass. Both happened in the last 15 minutes. Thank god for Lomax.

In the press conference McGregor was asked to comment on how well Lomax is playing this year. McGregor looked bored and went out of his way to talk about how no one is saying nice things about Aitken

A coach that plays favourites is a child, not a real coach...

True_Believer

Juniors
I’m a fan of his, I’m not one of those knobheads that death rides players to say I told you so anyway. I hope they all go really well Aitken included. But while we all admitted last week Lomax had his worst game of the season, we have to be honest that Dufty had his worst tonight in what was a very winnable game. He and Lomax have won us most of our games this year. Tonight he probably lost us one. It’s going to happen, but I wanted this one badly.

Still going on about this? Move on, I have. Who needs the tissues now?

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Dumbest thing I've seen on a football field. And unfortunately the blame can't be on the coaching staff for this one - Hunt is the main culprit, constantly passing it away from Clune.
I actually thought McInnes was better at 9 than Hunt today. Good passing and a heap of great dummy half runs. It’s handy having Hunts kicking out of dummy half but he doesn’t need to play hooker to do that. As I’ve said before, if we had a proper 7 we wouldn’t need Hunt playmaking at 9. I still think Hunts move is working but we do need to settle on a halves combo.

getsmarty

Immortal
'Selfish behaviour': McGregor reprimands Vaughan as Roosters down Dragons
For our free coronavirus pandemic coverage, learn more here.
Adam Pengilly
August 6, 2020 — 10.09pm

NRL ScoreboardNRLFull fixtures
St George Illawarra coach Paul McGregor has scolded Paul Vaughan’s COVID-19 breakfast bungle as "selfish behaviour" as the Dragons’ season was snuffed out by a decimated Roosters.

State of Origin prop Vaughan missed the match after being forced into 14-day isolation for eating a meal away from home on gameday, a clear breach of the NRL’s strict biosecurity rules governing the competition’s continuation.

Rabbitohs coach Wayne Bennett has been condemned to the same fate for a similar mishap and won’t be in the box for South Sydney’s clash against Brisbane on Friday night.

McGregor was far from happy with Vaughan’s actions as his side's faint finals hopes were ended at WIN Stadium on Thursday night.

“That’s disappointing,” McGregor said after the Roosters won 24-16. “It’s very disappointing. We’re well aware of what our responsibilities are. We talk about it consistently. There’s no reason for it except it’s selfish behaviour really.

“We spoke about whatever it takes and needing to do the right thing by one another and the game. Everyone’s got to have some sacrifices and that’s just one of them. The game has done a lot to get back going and we’ve got to be respectful of that.”

Vaughan has apologised to the Dragons staff and players, but McGregor was yet to speak to him personally. Vaughan will also be unavailable against the high-flying Eels next week.

Mitchell Aubusson crashed over for a try in his 300th NRL match, becoming just the eighth player to manage the feat in the milestone match.

His first-half four-pointer – along with Joseph Manu’s double and a powerhouse 260-metre, 80-minute performance from Siosiua Taukeiaho – cemented the Roosters’ top-four status.

Trent Robinson’s side were without more than a third of their salary cap with Boyd Cordner, Angus Crichton, Jared Waerea-Hargreaves, Victor Radley, Sam Verrills, Daniel Tupou and the Morris twins all sidelined.

“We had a part where we were on fire and you’re getting big wins and the last 20 minutes is about by how far,” Robinson said.

“Now we’ve gone through a period where we’re fighting for wins and you’re having to manage the last 20 minutes with the game in the balance – and you learn a lot of stuff there as well. That’s the period we’re in.

“If ever it was the ultimate club night and ultimate clubman it was tonight for Aubo.”

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/se...as-roosters-down-dragons-20200806-p55jcq.html

P.S nothing new here...coach just throwing another person under the Bus.....what would a Bennett or Bellamy or Robinson do....They would stick up for their players, acknowledge they made a mistake...while our coach takes NO Responsibility for the mess he has created at our club for the last 7 years............Cannot wait for the day when he is gone...cannot come soon enough.

Wittenberg

Juniors
"Wittenberg, post: 14261046, member: 45246"]Aitken bombed two tries tonight when we had two on one but failed to pass. Both happened in the last 15 minutes. Thank god for Lomax.

In the press conference McGregor was asked to comment on how well Lomax is playing this year. McGregor looked bored and went out of his way to talk about how no one is saying nice things about Aitken
McGregor sounds like Trump sometimes

True_Believer

Juniors
P.S nothing new here...coach just throwing another person under the Bus.....what would a Bennett or Bellamy or Robinson do....They would stick up for their players, acknowledge they made a mistake...while our coach takes NO Responsibility for the mess he has created at our club for the last 7 years............Cannot wait for the day when he is gone...cannot come soon enough.

It seems like Bennett would join him at the cafe!!!

denis preston

First Grade
And deservedly so.

If as reported he is running the show then appointing him will mean even more punishment as we are still shit other than for a few individual moments.

For mine far too many in here are seeing things that aren’t there and attributing them to Flanno

I know there is not much this club can give us at present to remain hopeful but you can't blame people from looking for positives, can you ?

Old Timer

Coach
Takeaways form last nights game.

• No structures in defence or attack.
  • Our edge back rowers provide very little starch in defence and other than a few Frizz bullocking runs provide nothing too great in attack.
  • Take the individual efforts of Dufty and the Lomax aerial ability out of our side and we have almost nothing to muster in attack.
  • Individualism reigns supreme in almost everything we do other than a couple of linking plays where Dufty and Lomax look to combine.
  • Far too many kicks by Hunt where he fails to communicate to fellow players. Seems totally incapable of playing for 80 minutes.
  • When Sailor came on only Mc Innes, Lomax & Dufty could go with him for intensity and speed. Our "team" is not fit enough to get lots of bodies in motions at the one time to create momentum at an increased tempo and sustain it for several sets.
  • Penalties, six agains, 40/20's, set restarts are more often than not capitalised on by good teams where we piss the opportunities up against the wall and inevitably let the opposition get a turnaround moment and sink us with a try against the run of play.
  • Errors that appear gone one week quickly return to haunt us when it matters most. Not attacking bombs, not passing to wingers, running up out of the line FMD it is just unbelievable how bad we are coached that these things constantly cost us games that are within our grasp.
  • Some of us seeing things that are not there out of hope that we are improving as "a team". Some individual skills have improved but as a team we are still a complete rabble and have absolutely NFI.