What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 14 - Rabbitohs vs Knights: Saturday 12th June 5:30pm @Stadium Australia

southsport

First Grade
The knights team is:

1. Tex Hoy
  2. Enari Tuala
  3. Kurt Mann
  4. Bradman Best
  5. Brayden Musgrove
  6. Jake Clifford
  7. Phoenix Crossland
  8. Jacob Saifiti
  9. Jayden Brailey
  10. Daniel Saifiti
  11. Brodie Jones
  12. Lachlan Fitzgibbon
  13. Mitchell Barnett
  14. Connor Watson
  15. Sauaso Sue
  16. Josh King
  17. Jack Johns
  18. Gehamat Shibasaki
  19. Jirah Momoisea
  20. Mathew Croker
  21. Dominic Young

callmack1

Staff member
Wayne Bennett Media - Round 14: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2021/06/11/wayne-bennett-media-round-14/

So Murray and Cook confirmed to be rested, Mitchell and Su'A to play. That means we'll be without Arrow, Gagai, Cook and Murray for this one. Four monumental outs as all those players are so important to us. However, I back the decision to rest Cookie and Cam. They both had gritty, high work load games so may be a bit sore. No point risking them.

I also back us to still get the job done against the Knights. It's just been made harder but we still have a lot of class and the guys stepping in can do a job.

Speaking of which, how do we now cover Cookie? Does Benji go to Hooker with Taaffe or Mamouzelos on the bench? Personally, I'd give Mamouzelos his debut in the starting role. Good chance to see what he's made of. The 19 man squad named tonight will be telling.

Travitoh

First Grade
Wayne Bennett Media - Round 14: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2021/06/11/wayne-bennett-media-round-14/

So Murray and Cook confirmed to be rested, Mitchell and Su'A to play. That means we'll be without Arrow, Gagai, Cook and Murray for this one. Four monumental outs as all those players are so important to us. However, I back the decision to rest Cookie and Cam. They both had gritty, high work load games so may be a bit sore. No point risking them.

I also back us to still get the job done against the Knights. It's just been made harder but we still have a lot of class and the guys stepping in can do a job.

Speaking of which, how do we now cover Cookie? Does Benji go to Hooker with Taaffe or Mamouzelos on the bench? Personally, I'd give Mamouzelos his debut in the starting role. Good chance to see what he's made of. The 19 man squad named tonight will be telling.

Mamz is a 9, right? It'd make sense to start with him but i wouldn't be surprised if Host or another forward started there and Benji came on after 20. Bennett's done it before at Brisbane starting both Thaiday and McGuire before bringing on the actual 9.

Edit: looking the bench, it could be Sele who comes on.

Last edited:

handyman2190

Bench

Taking benjis lack of tackling,now would be a good time to try out mamouzelos, at least he is a hooker,lets see what we got boys,nows the time,id bet thats why he is in the 23man squad

southsport

First Grade
Good on you southy,tell me he must have been training,i havent seen him lately,has he grown ? Tall etc
To be honest with you Handy I have have trouble spotting players with my eyesight, but I was told that it was likely PM would play, whether that is from the bench or not I don't know. One bit of gossip that you can probably put your house on is that Lachlan Ilias will be given the vacant halfback spot next year.

callmack1

Staff member
An update on our Origin players heading into Round 14: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2021/06/11/rehab-report-heading-into-round-14/

Rabbitohs 19-man squad for Round 14: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2021/06/11/rabbitohs-19-man-squad-for-round-14/

Benji at hooker which is allgood and I'm happy to see Hame start at lock instead of Knight. Mamouzelos not named in the 17 at this stage but I think he'll debut. As you can see in the rehab report video, he's wearing the black and gold training jersey which only the top 17 players that week wear. He'll make his debut, probably from the bench in place of Mago.

handyman2190

Bench
To be honest with you Handy I have have trouble spotting players with my eyesight, but I was told that it was likely PM would play, whether that is from the bench or not I don't know. One bit of gossip that you can probably put your house on is that Lachlan Ilias will be given the vacant halfback spot next year.

Your right,my mail is illias to half,taafe to 6,eventually, and pm to 12,eventually

callmack1

Staff member
It's been a while, two weeks to the day in fact. But don't worry, the wait is finally over and game day is finally here!!! A very important game tonight against Newcastle, very important. We are now into the Origin period, such a crucial part of any teams Season. It can make or break your year, decide whether you finish top two, top four, top eight, or miss out althogether. We saw in 2019, Origin kind of ruined our Season because we were flying going into it and then didn't win a single game throughout the Origin period. Yes, I know we still made the top four that year but I felt we were never quite the same. Therefore, it's very important to make sure that doesn't happen this year. That all startrs tonight against the Knights.

Newcastle are doing it a bit tough at the moment. They've been decimated by injuries and suspension and their results have suffered because of that. However, we have to be wary of a wounded side like that. I get the feeling the Knights will be pretty fired up, especially after being smashed at home last week. They'll be desperate to get a win tonight and will see it as a chance against us minus some Origin stars. You only have to look back to two weeks ago against Manly to see what the Knights can do, that was a huge upset so I still feel like we need to be on our game tonight.

For us, it's been made a more difficult task tonight missing Cookie, Cam, Jai and Gags. They're four senior stars, huge losses. Certainly makes it harder. However, I still think we have a fantastic side with strike all over the park even without those guys. The lads stepping up in their place have to do a job and I'll back them to do so. In saying that, I don't want to see us underestimate the Knights. Over the past two Seasons, barring that Finals Week 1 game last year, we seem to save our worst for them so it's time to step up and ensure we get the two points tonight.

Tonight is made even more special by the debut of Peter Mamouzelos. A huge moment for the kid but he's earned it. I hope he gets out there and performs. Also adding to the occasion is the fact that the club is raising awareness tonight for Cystic Fibrosis by wearing those special red socks we wear each year. Hope the boys wear them with pride.

This is a game we really should win if our minds are on the job. Bring it on!!

Rabbits20

Immortal
Well well well game day is here again another important game as we need to get the 2 points to stay in the top 4 if the Rorters win the early game we will be in 5th. Yes we are down on some troops today but I’m confident the boys coming in can get the job done. We can’t take the Knights lightly they’re down on troops and haven’t been playing too well but they aways seem to aim up against us. Doing the basics right and starting well will put us in good sted. Being a 5:30 Saturday game hopefully we get a reasonable crowd getting right behind the boys and making plenty of noise. I’ll be there.

Ok as we look down the tunnel here at Stadium Australia we can see the Novacastrians starting to make their way down the tunnel....... Rabbitohs members and Rabbitohs supporters please give a warm South Sydney welcome to the Newcastle Knights........

10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1..................

OK RABBITOHS MEMBERS AND RABBITOHS SUPPORTERS ITS TIME ONCE AGAIN TO GET ON YOUR FFEEETTTT!!!! SHOW THE COLOURS, CLAP YOUR HANDS, STOMP YOUR FEET SCREAM YOUR LUNGS OUT, HERE THEY COME YOUR SOUTH SYDNEY RRAAABBBIITTTOOOHHHSSSS

LETS MAKE SURE WE MAKE PLENTY OF NOISE FOR THE FULL 80MINS LETS GO RRAAABBIIITTOOHHHSSSS

Latest posts