What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 14 - Titans vs Rabbitohs: Saturday 11th June 3pm @Cbus Super Stadium

Hellray

Juniors
Benny Lovett makes final 19, he must be in the mix if Murray doesn’t back up. At this stage though team is as per program

callmack1

Staff member
Demetriou full of praise for Burgess ahead of game 200: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2022/06/10/demetriou-full-of-praise-for-burgess-ahead-of-game-200/

Round 14 Captain's Run: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2022/06/10/round-14-captains-run/

Rabbitohs 19-man Squad for Round 14: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2022/06/10/rabbitohs-19-man-squad-for-round-14/

Still not 100% sure how I feel about Cookie backing up tomorrow. Fine for Cam to back up as he has played limited Footy recently. However, you can's say the same about Cookie who has played every game so far. He had a really physical performance in Origin on Wednesday too.

I guess he certainly won't play the full game, maybe 40 minutes at most, but I think we should have just rested him all up. Still, I'm not the coach and I'm excited to see him play tomorrow!

callmack1

Staff member
Feels like it's been a long week but here we are and here we go! Game day is finally here! We take on the Titans this afternoon in what is a really crucial game in terms of our Season. If we want to be top 8, top 6, or even top 4 later on, it's these games we should be winning. The thing is though, how many times have we said that this year and it hasn't turned out well? We need to show that Round 12 was a turning point in our Season and go on with it from here, that starts today.

The Titans have been really struggling there's no doubt about that. They've only won three games this whole year and are sitting in 15th position on the ladder I think. They have some guys not performing and injury woes to some of their best players. However, I don't want to see our boys go out there, think this is going to be an easy win and take them lightly. We're not in a position ourselves to take anyone lightly in my eyes. Every game for us at the moment should be seen as a challenge that we need to rise above. What's more, I'm sure the Gold Coast will see a game like this as their Grand Final so they'll come out extremely fired up and raring to go, especially in front of their home fans. We must be wary and be prepared to handle their powerful outside backs and big forwards.

For us, the blueprint in this one really is simple. Complete your sets and keep that defence tight, those have to be the two biggest areas of focus today and I know that if we can get that right, we will be too good for the Titans but you just never know with our 2022 Rabbitohs. As I said, I'd just really like to see a performance that shows Round 12 was a turning point for us. A focused, clinical performance full of passion. The boys are coming off the bye and will be fresh so there's no excuse to not be ready to go. It's time to really go on a run now and that all starts this afternoon. On another note, good to see Cookie and Cam backing up, they'll give us a boost but I'm sure they won't play their regular minutes so others will need to step up.

Adding to the occasion this afternoon is the milestones we celebrate today on the Gold Coast. Keaon's 50th and big Tommy's 200th! Both big achievements in their own right but particularly Tom who enters legend of South Sydney status today. If the boys can't get up and be motivated by those milestones, then there is something wrong.

Keen for this one, bring on this arvo!!!

Rabbits20

Immortal

Well here we are Gameday is once again upon us as we go up to the Gold Coast to take on the Titans. Will be good to see some Saturday arvo footy. This is a must win game for us if we want to make the top 8 of keep hopes of a top 6 spot alive we can’t afford to drop it. Even though the Titans have some of their boys out we can’t afford to take them lightly they still have Tino and MoFo in the forwards plus Sexton has been playing well in the halves and they have some fast backs and have shown in games of late they can score good points in periods of the game. For us we need to be fully focussed and that starts with our completion we all know that’s been our Achilles heel this year so we must complete highly. Then I wanna see us show some resilience in defence and not leak easy points. Our discipline must be on point too.

It will be good to see Cookie and Murray back up but I don’t expect them to play as many mins. I’m looking forward to a big game from Jai today too I think he will have a point to prove. Then we have big Tommy his 200th surely the boys will lift for him what a milestone I’m so proud of him and it’s also Keaon 50th game too. I want to see us play well I don’t care if at times it’s a bit ugly we just need to get those 2 important points. I’m also looking forward to seeing a good impact from our bench again just like in the Tigers game.

We do have a good amount of members and fans up there so I’m sure they’ll turn out today and cheer loudly to get the boys home. We at home can also urge the boys on lets wear the colours with pride and clap and cheer like being at the game!

OK RABBITOHS MEMBERS AND SUPPORTERS EVERYONE ON YOUR FEET TODAY AT 2:58PM LETS URGE THE BOYS HOME LETS GO AND GET THESE TITANS AND START THE SECOND HALF OF OUR SEASON IN STYLE GLORY GLORY! LETS GO RRAAABBBIITTOOHHSSS!!!

Steenson123

Juniors
Cannot lose to poor teams and expect anything good to come of that. Slum Coast are a poor, albeit erratically dangerous outfit.
Lose here and the season is probably done. Its that important. Just get the V, by one or twenty-one.

Rabbits20

Immortal
We are getting held down so much in the ruck the count is 6-3 we haven’t had a 6 again yet I warned you all on Gee.

Latest posts