What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 14 v Chi wow waaz

ALSGI

Bench

Never forget.

Pathetic.

RIP Lance.
Perhaps one of our darkest moments in the last 10years.

Disgraceful performances by so many, some that are still with us.

I’m a Dufty fan, have recently said if they let him go I’m out. Those two efforts on R. Smith …….. I haven’t been able to watch that since watching it live back then. Forgot how bad they were. Smith has made plenty look bad with his speed but Dufty wasn’t lacking speed here. Do I need to take my blinkers off with Dufty or would Smith have scored those against Teddy, Turbo, Latrell etc?

RIP Lance

Dragon David

First Grade
Perhaps one of our darkest moments in the last 10years.

Disgraceful performances by so many, some that are still with us.

I’m a Dufty fan, have recently said if they let him go I’m out. Those two efforts on R. Smith …….. I haven’t been able to watch that since watching it live back then. Forgot how bad they were. Smith has made plenty look bad with his speed but Dufty wasn’t lacking speed here. Do I need to take my blinkers off with Dufty or would Smith have scored those against Teddy, Turbo, Latrell etc?

RIP Lance
I think Reimis Smith had one of those days when things went right for him and the dogs as well on that day. We were pathetic. Smith would have done the same to Teddy, Turbo etc if he had the same breaks as he had against us where the defence was non existent.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Dogs always lift against Saints. If Saints go in with an attitude that this game will be a walk in the park, they will lose. The Dogs will pull all stops to stop Saints making a final and if taking 2 pts off them will make it happen they will defend like animals tomorrow. Saints will then start getting frustrated and Dogs will get a few soft tries from brain snaps. I really hope not but it would not surprise me if this happens.

getsmarty

Immortal
tl_web.jpg

TEAM LISTS
Updated

Presented By TripADeal

24-hour warning: Round 14 v Bulldogs​

Author Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au Timestamp Sun 13 Jun 2021, 04:01 PM

Share on social media​

St George Illawarra coach Anthony Griffin has trimmed his squad to 19 ahead of the Dragons' Round 14 clash against the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs at Stadium Australia on Monday, June 14.
Adam Clune and Billy Burns are the first two players to make way from Tuesday's initial 21-man squad.

New South Wales Origin back-rower Tariq Sims was included in the wider squad on Tuesday and is firming to feature against the Bulldogs.
Dragons five-eighth Corey Norman will play game 50 for the St George Illawarra against the Bulldogs on Monday afternoon. Billy Burns is the new face in the 21 otherwise.

Amended NRL squad for Round 14 v Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs –​

1. Matt Dufty – sponsored by EFEX
2. Cody Ramsey– sponsored by Aspec Masonry
3. Brayden Wiliame– sponsored by Kingsgrove Sports Centre
4. Gerard Beale – sponsored by Floormania
5. Mikaele Ravalawa – sponsored by Wollongong Jetski
6. Corey Norman – sponsored by Carinya Village – Jindabyne
7. Ben Hunt (c) – sponsored by Narellan Pools Illawarra
8. Blake Lawrie – sponsored by Gym Solutions
9. Andrew McCullough – sponsored by Dincel Construction System
10. Paul Vaughan – sponsored by Fox and Jones
11. Josh Kerr – sponsored by Sneaky Burger
12. Jack Bird – sponsored by Modus Projects
13. Jackson Ford – sponsored by TLE Alexandria
Interchange:
14. Talatau Amone – sponsored by CMG Audio Visual
15. Poasa Faamausili – sponsored by Professionals Padstow
16. Daniel Alvaro – sponsored by Manna from Heaven
17. Jack de Belin – sponsored by TripADeal
19. Kaide Ellis
20. Tariq Sims

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2021/06/08/nrl-team-announcement-round-14-v-bulldogs/

getsmarty

Immortal
Another Beale deal? Reborn Dragon keen to extend career another year

DRAGONS

Reborn Beale feeling confident​

Author Chris Kennedy NRL.com Reporter Timestamp Sun 13 Jun 2021, 11:01 AM
Chris Kennedy

Share on social media​

Gerard Beale's return as an emergency back-up to help the Dragons through a wave of backline injuries and suspensions could just end up being a much longer-term return to first grade.
The 30-year-old former New Zealand international all but retired from professional rugby league at the end of last year after an injury-riddled three years with the Warriors, making a move into teaching at Brisbane's Marsden State High School.

Beale wasn't even fussed about playing Intrust Super Cup until an approach from the Jon Buchanan-coached Easts Tigers rekindled the flame and led to a remarkable mid-season NRL return with the Dragons.
"I would never have thought this would happen," Beale told NRL.com.
"Especially at the start of the year, I was happy to take that step away and sort of focus on other things more. That was my plan.

Dufty at his creative best for Beale

"I never intended really on coming back in but what happened from there was I ended up getting involved with Easts Tigers up in the Queensland Cup and started really enjoying my footy.

"It's just been a rollercoaster the last couple of weeks. I began to think if an opportunity popped up I'd probably look at it. I spoke to my wife and she was happy for that and it's just worked out."

Beale said the standard was high from the get-go at the Storm feeder club with the likes of Brenko Lee, Dean Ieremia, Ryley Jacks, Aaron Booth and Aaron Pene lining up week to week.

"I probably underestimated it a bit too because you get a lot of the NRL boys coming through," Beale said.
"I was like 'this is high quality' but it was good, refreshing."
Beale had plenty of praise for the Warriors as a club but said the serious injuries he had to endure in his time there dented his confidence and enthusiasm for the game.
The relationship got off on the wrong note with Beale breaking his leg on Kiwis duty before even starting and missing the first 10 weeks of his Warriors deal.

"The last three years my time at the Warriors, it's a great club but I was really dampened with a couple of big injuries which dented my confidence and enjoyment in what I was doing," he said.
"The Warriors are a great club and great bunch of boys but personally I broke my leg when I arrived with the Kiwis so that wasn't really a good start.
"It took a while, got back on the field, started to find some form then broke my kneecap in 2019 and again it was almost like a few question marks on what I was trying to achieve and just my confidence."
Gerard Beale when he fractured his patella against the Roosters in 2019.
When that deal finished up at the end of 2020 with Beale having played just 32 games in three years, he returned to Brisbane and though he hadn't formally retired he started his transition into his post-playing career.
"I got into a bit of teaching which was what I'm going to look to get into in the future I'd say," he added.
"I was doing a lot of coaching out at a big rugby league school in Brisbane, Marsden State High School. There's a lot of kids there which gave me another perspective.
"I'm doing some other study and then I was classed as a teacher aide and a lot of my role is coaching with all the teams there which I really enjoy. I'm looking at completing the study to be a teacher and go down the education pathway."
Beale was coaching on the day the Dragons initiated contact.
"I was at Marsden High School just doing my thing, coaching, had a whole bunch of missed calls from the Dragons and within 24 hours I was down here with the team and the rest is sort of history," he laughed.
"The past two weeks have been great. I felt physically really good so I'm pretty keen to play on. And while I'm playing on I've got a clear focus on what I want to try and get into which is another big bonus.
"Taking that step away from footy helped me see what I wanted to get into so my mind and mental space is in a good place."
Beale only got a look in after the injury and suspension curse rubbed out the likes of Zac Lomax, Max and Mat Feagai, Matt Dufty, Mikaele Ravalawa, Tyrell Fuimaono and Jordan Pereira in a short space of time.

His season debut in round 12 netted him 170 metres and five busts in the loss to the Tigers, and he added 120 metres and a try in the big win over the Broncos in round 13 – all of which has him eyeing a contract extension for next season.
"Coming down here I knew that was the reason why the opportunity came was the injury and suspension toll in the outside backs," he said.
"It's not really about me, I'm happy to help the team and if I can keep playing well and enjoying it hopefully that will push my case to be in the team but one week at a time.
"I'm pretty keen to [play on next year]. Obviously it depends as well on the next few weeks and how the year unfolds but the last two weeks has been a great start, I'll look to keep building and if I can stay physically fit, we'll see what happens."
After scoring a try in last week's big win over Brisbane, he will again line up in the centres for Monday's clash with the Bulldogs at Stadium Australia.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
That was a nightmare. Under no circumstances can we take the Bulldogs for granted even though they are destined for the spoon.
100% this is the must win of all must win games. We are hanging by a thread at the bottom of the 8 and this is our most winnable game, where for and against will decide the 8. If we want to make the 8 we need to win and win well today. They should treat this one almost like a finals game.

blacksafake

First Grade
100% this is the must win of all must win games. We are hanging by a thread at the bottom of the 8 and this is our most winnable game, where for and against will decide the 8. If we want to make the 8 we need to win and win well today. They should treat this one almost like a finals game.
As usual I’m nervous when we play the dogs lately. I’m never happy when we are short priced favourites, especially against them.

Crush

Coach
I feel pretty confident for this game. And let’s be honest, if we can’t beat the dogs then there is no point getting worked up anymore this season because we really don’t deserve to be anywhere other than the bottom 4.
I am feeling a big win, Dragons by 30.

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
I feel pretty confident for this game. And let’s be honest, if we can’t beat the dogs then there is no point getting worked up anymore this season because we really don’t deserve to be anywhere other than the bottom 4.
I am feeling a big win, Dragons by 30.
You are spot on Crush. While it is nice to still be in the top 8 after 13 rounds, what is the point if the Dragons can't regularly beat the teams below them? I hope we go out this arvo and whip the dogs, just to show we can!

Dragon David

First Grade
And another thing.
With all the hullabaloo about inconsistencies in the sin bin & send off rule in the last 48 hours I can just see us copping a reactionary decision.
This is what will piss me off blacksafake. This is the last game of the round. The ref should keep the trend of the game as with the other games already played and not basing the refereeing on the adverse inconsistency commentary.

As Crush said but not in these words, if we cannot beat the dogs we might as well say sayonara to the season.

I can't remember off the top of my head when we played the Bulldogs and I think Benji played for us that year. It was a game that if we beat the Bulldogs we make the 8 or something like that and the Bulldogs were the underdogs. We lost that game which was so disappointing.

I know the Bulldogs lift against us no matter what the situation - even if we were leading the comp by miles, they will always try their hardest to bring us down.

Latest posts