What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 14 V Dragons

maple_69

Bench
Ivan Cleary has made just one change to his side for this Saturday’s clash against the Dragons, bringing young Dallin Watene-Zelezniak into the side to start on the wing.

He’s replacing Dave Simmons who aggravated a knee injury in our win over the Titans.

Isaah Yeo will again start in the centres, and Bryce Cartwright will come in on off the bench.

1.Matt MOYLAN

2.Josh MANSOUR

3.Dean WHARE

4.Isaah YEO

5.Dallin WATENE-ZELEZNIAK

6.Jamie SOWARD

7.Peter WALLACE (C)

8.Sam MCKENDRY

9.James SEGEYARO

10.Brent KITE

11.Tyrone PEACHEY

12.Sika MANU

13.Elijah TAYLOR

INTERCHANGE: 14. Lewis BROWN, 15. Jeremy LATIMORE, 16. Nigel PLUM, 17. Bryce CARTWRIGHT

PANTHERS NSW CUP v DRAGONS: Sportingbet Stadium, Penrith. Saturday 14th June. Kickoff: 3.10pm

Garth Brennan has named a very strong side to play St George Illawarra with Kevin Kingston returning from an ankle injury to start at hooker, and Waqa Blake moves up from Under 20’s to fill the hole left by Dallin Watene-Zelezniak.

1.Kieran MOSS

2.Eto NABULI

3.Waqa BLAKE

4.Wes NAIQAMA

5.Kevin NAIQAMA

6.Will SMITH

7.Tom HUMBLE

8.Sam ANDERSON

9.Kevin KINGSTON

10.Tim GRANT

11.Ben MURDOCH-MASILA

12.Matt ROBINSON

13.Ryan SIMPKINS

INTERCHANGE: 14. Vaipuna TIA KILIFI, 22. Anthony CHERRINGTON, 16. Shaun SPENCE, 17. Reagan CAMPBELL-GILLARD, 18. Liam AYOUB

PANTHERS NYC v DRAGONS: Sportingbet Stadium, Penrith. Saturday 14th June. Kickoff: 1.10pm

Our NYC team will be almost identical to the one that beat the Titans last weekend, with just one change in the centres.

Peter Tia Tia comes into the starting side to replace Waqa Blake.

1.Corey HARAWIRA

2.Joshua JAY

3.Brent NADEN

4.Peter TIA TIA

5.Christian CRIGHTON

6.Jarrod BRACKENHOFER

7.Sam SCARLETT

8.Andy SAUNDERS

9.Josh TANGITAU

10.Atonio PELESASA

11.Chris SMITH

12.Dave COWHAN

13.Brendan ATTWOOD

INTERCHANGE: 14. Moses LEOTA, 15. Myles TAUELI, 16. Jordan HALL, 17. Elkander FAIROUZ, 18. Josh GRANT

maple_69

Bench
News we have all been waiting for. Kingston is back and playing for NSW Cup. DWZ gets the nod over Nabuli/Naiqama and Cartwright another crack. Wonder what happened to Docker?

This is our best team excluding Idris I feel. No complaints at all.

YoungPanther

Juniors
Must concur. Other than Idris, certainly our strongest side. I hope they do well, as I would like to see this side given a few weeks, as there is plenty to be excited about within that team.

Not getting ahead of ourselves but if you look at 2nd grade nearly all of those guys could step up and do a job (and some have). I think more than anything the depth we have is the reason we are achieving so much and a big congratulations to all for their efforts in builiding this.

Peach on one side, Cartwright on the other and Seg in the middle. Finally in a position to attack from anywhere!

mxlegend99

Referee
Love the look of that side, especially knowing that Segeyaro is there because he earned it and not injury. Cartright I hope has jumped Docker in the pecking order, but hard to say since Docker isn't listed anywhere at all. He's atleast ahead of Robinson, so he deserves a wrap for that.

As others have said, bring in Jamal Idris for Yeo and that side is pretty much perfect. I would also prefer we used Grant while we still had him rather then Kite. But obviously Grant will only play first grade for us if Cleary is forced to use him.

News we have all been waiting for. Kingston is back and playing for NSW Cup. DWZ gets the nod over Nabuli/Naiqama and Cartwright another crack. Wonder what happened to Docker?

This is our best team excluding Idris I feel. No complaints at all.

Grant to still in our best 17 but that won't happen.

Big Mick

Referee
This is our best team aside from Idris.

Hope this stays going forward. Hope DWZ kills it because as Cleary has shown now with Kingston...if a guy is performing he wont just take him out.

Grant isn't in our best 17...he has been outplayed in most games.

That NSW Cup team is insanely good...the $100 bet I had on them in pre-season is looking bloody good if they keep that team.

Puntastic

Juniors
Brilliant side. DWZ and Cartwright in front of a home crowd? f**k yes.

I am fine with DWZ getting the nod over Nabuli and Naiqama.

If we turn up to play and respect the opposition (and Ives will make sure of that I'm certain) we'll win 13+.

Bring it on. :cool:

Doomednow

Bench
I'm not going to get upset over DWZ because he's obviously a big part of our future plans but I would really like to see how Nabouli would go in 1st grade. Ah well great team looking forward to it. Wish I could be there.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
This is our best team aside from Idris.

Hope this stays going forward. Hope DWZ kills it because as Cleary has shown now with Kingston...if a guy is performing he wont just take him out.

That is one of the things that disappoints me about Cleary though - the number of times injury has to hit for him to improve the side in a way obvious to most others. Think the Whare experiment at fullback last year, where we needed Wes to go down in order to get Whare in his proper position. And Kingston needed to injure himself in order for Segeyaro to get a proper crack at it.

Still, good side named, however it came about. We need be careful of complacency though.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
I'm not going to get upset over DWZ because he's obviously a big part of our future plans but I would really like to see how Nabouli would go in 1st grade. Ah well great team looking forward to it. Wish I could be there.

I don't think he's going to get a crack here. I haven't seen him play much, so I'm not too fussed about that, seeing as we have other options.

chrisD

Coach
Getting there. Cleary may consider the sides the wingers are playing on when deciding who gets the call up. The Grant situation is ever farcical but Cleary obviously isn't going to relent.

Interesting K.Naiqama is back to wing suggesting Blake may well be next centre in line, although Brown would be more likely.

Last edited:

Doomednow

Bench
I don't think he's going to get a crack here. I haven't seen him play much, so I'm not too fussed about that, seeing as we have other options.

I'd like to see him in Panther colours, but I think really I just want to see him be successful. I won't be too upset if another club takes him and gives him a run.

maple_69

Bench
Getting there. Cleary may consider the sides the wingers are playing on when deciding who gets the call up. The Grant situation is ever farcical but Cleary obviously isn't going to relent.

Interesting K.Naiqama is back to wing suggesting Blake may well be next centre in line, although Brown would be more likely.

If Cartwright is seen to need to go back to reserves after a few more games, I wouldn't mind seeing Yeo to the bench and Blake get a few games.

soc123_au

Staff member
Moylan into the halves eventually with DWZ to fullback. Moss I don't know, I think he will have a career in the NRL but where is the question. Too good to stay in reserves for ever.

franklin2323

Immortal
Strongest team of the year.

No surprises in the side barring injury Grant will play out his time here NSW Cup. Docker to slot in NSW Cup you would think.

Latest posts