What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 14 vs Cowboys

BBTB

Juniors
Yes, I think that there is a lot missing in our game (as well as other teams missing a lot). My interest this year has been a bit meh like Crush. We do lack flair and excitement with the types of players we have ended up with overall. While we do have some exciting players in certain positions, at this stage, they aren't like those Mickey has mentioned. One day hopefully they will be.

Same as with some other teams, like they are just going through the motions stuff and is becoming a bit mundane. Just waiting for the inevitable result this year and getting it out of the way. If we can jag a final spot, that will get my adrenaline pumping for sure.

Nathan Blacklock to me was a more excitement machine than even the likes of Tommy T is.

Our attention though needs to be in our next game coming up. Win this and who knows the "meh" might turn into an "awesome".
Yes agree, it's the modern game. The referees orchestrating games for News Limited.
They ruining the game as a spectacle.
The NRL have to stop bending over for News LIMITED.
Or as Murdoch said he thinks AFL is the best game in Australia. We support them.
In time, not to far down the track, with no support for the crowd attendance, and letting the bunker & referee's
Orchestrate games, there will be no fans left.

BBTB

Juniors
Yes agree, it's the modern game. The referees orchestrating games for News Limited.
They ruining the game as a spectacle.
The NRL have to stop bending over for News LIMITED.
Or as Murdoch said he thinks AFL is the best game in Australia. We support them.
In time, not to far down the track, with no support for the crowd attendance, and letting the bunker & referee's
Orchestrate games, there will be no fans left.
We are now left with a "game that is a shadow of former self". With rule change,"The BUNKER",REFEREES. The modern game has turned into a real mess. Thanks NEWS LIMITED. All you're going for is RATINGS. It's a
disgrace.

blacksafake

First Grade
We are now left with a "game that is a shadow of former self". With rule change,"The BUNKER",REFEREES. The modern game has turned into a real mess. Thanks NEWS LIMITED. All you're going for is RATINGS. It's a
disgrace.
True, unfortunately.
It’s now a game of “Interpretations” instead of rules.
Every ref or bunker official see things differently & rule accordingly.😩😩

Gareth67

First Grade
True, unfortunately.
It’s now a game of “Interpretations” instead of rules.
Every ref or bunker official see things differently & rule accordingly.😩😩
I have finally lost just about all interest in the game now , for the very reasons that yourself and BBTB have mentioned .

It has become a shambles , they no longer use the advert - ‘ the greatest game of all ‘ as it has no meaning whatsoever . And I blame it on the NRL for kowtowing to the television corporations and by so doing displaying absolute indifference to the purity of the game .

It is a mishmash of broken segments - a hybrid of rugby league that the tele moguls have refined over the years and which they now present as entertainment - not sport .

Damn shameful !

Last edited:

Latest posts