What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 14 vs Cowboys

SAP58

Juniors
Unfortunately we no longer have an injury update video each week on the Dragons web site, why did they decide to remove a great service to members ?? Is SuA named hoping he is fit ? I read he wasnt back until round 15 at the earliest but the Dargons website says he and McGuire are "everychance of playing". We certainly need them both for this game, fingers crossed they ARE fit to play but I have my doubts.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Anyone else feeling a bit flat about footy in general?
I think if someone told me before the season that by Origin we would be 6W 6L and 9th I’d be happy but I’m just feeling a bit meh.
I think it’s the way we play, we have 10 minute periods where we look great but then periods where we are just terrible.
I feel like we have no identity. What’s our strength? Defence? Attack? Resilience? Flair? Discipline? We are kinda nowhere in all aspects.
Anyway, feeling a bit mid season flat, maybe it’s the weather.
Can relate to the flatness Crush- for me, it is just the way the game is played. On last Sunday night's Matty Johns segment, there was vision of what is arguably the greatest try scored by Australia against ( I think) England but it could have been a mid week game. The ball went through an incredible number of players back and forth and ended with ET cross kicking for a Cliffy Lyons try.

Today's tries are very often scored by kicks as well but it seems that we are slowly evolving into AFL. Teams eke out yardage hitups into the opposition red zone and then bomber control takes over and it becomes a contest between a high leaping winger (Tupou, Sualii, Feldt and Oates are the current guns) and the retreating defensive winger. Time to consider rewarding tries that are not from kicks, pass through multiple hands and that start from over 40 metres out ?

Dragon David

First Grade
Can relate to the flatness Crush- for me, it is just the way the game is played. On last Sunday night's Matty Johns segment, there was vision of what is arguably the greatest try scored by Australia against ( I think) England but it could have been a mid week game. The ball went through an incredible number of players back and forth and ended with ET cross kicking for a Cliffy Lyons try.

Today's tries are very often scored by kicks as well but it seems that we are slowly evolving into AFL. Teams eke out yardage hitups into the opposition red zone and then bomber control takes over and it becomes a contest between a high leaping winger (Tupou, Sualii, Feldt and Oates are the current guns) and the retreating defensive winger. Time to consider rewarding tries that are not from kicks, pass through multiple hands and that start from over 40 metres out ?
Good idea redandwhite4evr. Four points for tries by the passing method and 3 points for grubbers, high kicks etc.

I'm Hornby

Juniors
Surely Su’a & Moose come into the 17.
I thought Burns may have been 1/2 a chance for a bench spot as well.
I reckon both will, this team is a bit of a smoke screen, there will be a few changes on game day. Sullivan will only play if Hunt doesn't IMO as having both Sullivan and McCullough on the bench would mean we're one forward light.

Don't think Sims will play.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Good idea redandwhite4evr. Four points for tries by the passing method and 3 points for grubbers, high kicks etc.
Yes- and maybe five points for tries initiated from beyond a 40 metre line which involve a passing movement involving at least three players. This would rule out rewarding intercepts which, admittedly can be exciting if there's a close footrace- but more often not.
I admit these are ideas that haven't been fully thought through but the NRL has shown itself to be an innovative organization when it comes to rule changes so their rules sub committee could at least put differing values of a try on the agenda.

Crush

Coach
Next 3 games, Cows, Rabbits, Raiders.
How many games do we hope to win?
Likely 0 or 1, unlikely 2, miracle 3.
Wouldnt it be nice for once to come out firing in the second half of the season?
I’d give my left nut to win the next 3 games, geez us fans deserve it.

Dragon David

First Grade
Wouldnt it be nice for once to come out firing in the second half of the season?
I'd like to take one game at a time and say, Win, Lose, Win hehe!. In the overall picture of us having the bye already, we are 14 points on the ladder. I said somewhere that out of the remaining 12 games starting with the Cows, we win 6 games, giving us a grand total of 26 competition points on the ladder. If this is enough to get us in the top 8, then I'll be happy as my uncle Larry, who unfortunately isn't around anymore.

Crush

Coach
I'd like to take one game at a time and say, Win, Lose, Win hehe!. In the overall picture of us having the bye already, we are 14 points on the ladder. I said somewhere that out of the remaining 12 games starting with the Cows, we win 6 games, giving us a grand total of 26 competition points on the ladder. If this is enough to get us in the top 8, then I'll be happy as my uncle Larry, who unfortunately isn't around anymore.
28 points to get into finals, 30 to be sure.

Dragon David

First Grade
We will have to be at our very best to beat the Cowboys. Let's hope our forwards are on their game.
This is the chance for our players to stamp their authority by beating the Cows possm. If they can dominate in the forwards we could do it. It will be very hard though. A win will give us the chance to win other games which we cannot afford to lose if we are to finish in the top 8 this year.

Old Timer

Coach
Ah a Barry Beath moment great commitment on your part
If they win all 3 I’ll be on the Chardy’s