What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 14 vs Cowboys

Dragon David

First Grade
What a useless bunch of players we have. If Lomax didn't play today, the score would have been closer. No discipline, too many mistakes and just plain not good enough players.
Hook has no idea and he has to go, just has to go.

Next year will be the same.

jeffdragon

Bench
We were shit.
Amone seems to he shy to put his body on the line and sorry Bird and Benny are arm grabbers.esp Bird.
Back.up.olay SHIT .
We made breaks and go for low% plays .
Take the tackle as Axl Rose said patience.
Do they run into gaps at training or straight into a defender cause in the game they don't.
Moose groin again and Bird suspended for next week.
I think the refs played for us cause he was shit also.
Ps When is a crusher a crusher.
Macca got one and play on.
And touchy misses cows fb touch were slomax kicks.
C9 maccs golden point we never win so I don't have to worry about watching it to see the dressing rooms.

Last edited:

blacksafake

First Grade
Very disappointing to say the least.
At least I had Suli & Su’a as anytime try scorers.

All I’ve read is how fast Reuben is but he’s as slow as a 60 year old such as me. In the clear twice & rundown & at one stage he couldn’t even keep up with Moga. We really are a slow side, so slow that we even looked better when McCullough came on.
I can’t believe I said that.😩

Hunt(as usual) had a dig along with Ramsey, Suli & Su’a. Except for a couple of dumb options Zac at least had a dig.

Bird has been very ordinary & hopefully will get a week or two. He can take Moga & Reuben with him.
I don’t recall seeing Moose in the 2nd half?

Last edited:
I cant believe i saw the same rubbish football weve been presenting all year once again. We seem to have the dumbest team in the comp. Forwards constantly stuff up a play the ball or give 6 again, and at worst give away stupid penalties for too long in the tackle. Our team discipline is the worst in the comp, and we cant seem to fix it. It seems to me that the St George spirit is long gone-wearing that bloody Red Jersey sure doesn't help. Its endemic in the whole club now. We simply don't seem to care, as long as the players are all getting paid. Other teams showed like tonight what team spirit looks like. This surely starts at the top and has worked its way down. I think our management still thinks its the glory days, and it'll all be right soon. A lot of our players still try really hard and I still think Ben Hunt tries the hardest every week. I was impressed with Suli, Su'a and Ramsey tonight. I think Lomax has every right to expect his winger will know there might be a flick pass coming and to be ready for it. I really cant fault Lomax's effort even when it doesn't come off. Other teams seem to be able to make this stuff work but not us. I don't think our coach can motivate them enough any more (if he ever could to start with). He needs to go-sick of all the excuses . It been too long since 2010.

denis preston

First Grade
Lo
I cant believe i saw the same rubbish football weve been presenting all year once again. We seem to have the dumbest team in the comp. Forwards constantly stuff up a play the ball or give 6 again, and at worst give away stupid penalties for too long in the tackle. Our team discipline is the worst in the comp, and we cant seem to fix it. It seems to me that the St George spirit is long gone-wearing that bloody Red Jersey sure doesn't help. Its endemic in the whole club now. We simply don't seem to care, as long as the players are all getting paid. Other teams showed like tonight what team spirit looks like. This surely starts at the top and has worked its way down. I think our management still thinks its the glory days, and it'll all be right soon. A lot of our players still try really hard and I still think Ben Hunt tries the hardest every week. I was impressed with Suli, Su'a and Ramsey tonight. I think Lomax has every right to expect his winger will know there might be a flick pass coming and to be ready for it. I really cant fault Lomax's effort even when it doesn't come off. Other teams seem to be able to make this stuff work but not us. I don't think our coach can motivate them enough any more (if he ever could to start with). He needs to go-sick of all the excuses . It been too long since 2010.
lomaxs flick pass was 5 feet behind the winger &one foot off the ground !

qld redvee

Juniors
mick ennis just summed it up on fox ... why have mcullough warming the bench for 50 minutes and bring him on when games gone , and start the game at hooker with mbye who is a utility player .... thats what we have been saying on here ... Also moose only getting the first 23 minutes and not sighted what goes with that . I just cant believe the absolute rubbish dished up tonight and i thought we were an outside chance of winning .................

Lo

lomaxs flick pass was 5 feet behind the winger &one foot off the ground !
I agree it wasnt a great pass, but i watched the winger stop there like he'd never seen one before, and then watched as the cowboys ran away to score. Also he was way up on Lomax. I just think these guys should know what Lomax does and be on the lookout for it. I remember so many years ago watching Mark Gasnier do it many times and our wingers being aware and ready for it. Its a great weapon but it requires wingers to be on the lookout for it.

jeffdragon

Bench
mick ennis just summed it up on fox ... why have mcullough warming the bench for 50 minutes and bring him on when games gone , and start the game at hooker with mbye who is a utility player .... thats what we have been saying on here ... Also moose only getting the first 23 minutes and not sighted what goes with that . I just cant believe the absolute rubbish dished up tonight and i thought we were an outside chance of winning .................
Moose groin Injury.

Gourley's Socks

Juniors
Confession:

For the last couple of games, there's been a little voice in my head hoping they would lose. It still pains me when they do lose but I suppose i just want an end to this mediocrity.

Even when we do come away with the two points, it's typically not because we beat the other team but because that team beat themselves. I don't recall a single victory this season that was actually earned - even for all the celebration on Anzac Day, it was overlooked that the Roosters were absolutely woeful.

Winners don't need excuses and losers don't get to make them. But whilst ever we comfortably occupy that 9th to 12th position, nothing will change. We'll stay with a board who clearly don't care and we'll resign a coach with a dull and inspiring game plan enamoured by journeymen and underperformers.

There's no light at the end of this tunnel whilst we eke out scrappy wins against the Bulldogs, Warriors or Tigers. It just buys further time for our mumbling mentor and keeps little Andy distracted.

So while I'm not quite at the death-riding stage, I'm close. And it gives me no pleasure whatsoever to admit that.

BLM01

First Grade
I agree it wasnt a great pass, but i watched the winger stop there like he'd never seen one before, and then watched as the cowboys ran away to score. Also he was way up on Lomax. I just think these guys should know what Lomax does and be on the lookout for it. I remember so many years ago watching Mark Gasnier do it many times and our wingers being aware and ready for it. Its a great weapon but it requires wingers to be on the lookout for it.
No sorry. I have been a Lomax supporter on this forum ad nauseum as he finds his way in the NRL.
But tonight he made many poor and selfish options with the ball in hand..no excuse

Latest posts