What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 14 Vs Sharks

WestyLife

First Grade
Dylan was ok tried hard but failed to really produce anything special
Charlie MIA. Deadset is a flat track bunny. Not the winger you want in a tough game.
Critta tried but faiked to inject himself. Maybe needs to watch origin 1 and see a couple world class centres.
Momo lol if thats not him done in 1st grade. Pathetic. Brought in for his defence but is worse than naden ever was and overs nothing in attack
Robert best panther on the ground. Hes deserved his spot in 1st grade
Burton really pathetic 50 minutes. Hes kicking was very poor and a reason we were on the back foot
Tmay offers nothing. Kenny is a better 14
Leota mia in first stint. He really struggles when its an arm wrestle
Api- tried hard in a pack well beaten for first 50 mins
Jfh strong in 2nd stint
Kikau pathetic for most of the game
Sorensen offers not much
Hopgood solid but lacks ball playing for a lock

Kenny was very good and kinda seung momentum a bit i thought. Tough carries for a little bloke and he shored up our defence in the middle.
Eiso offered nothing
Martin was very good backing up
Tago hes nrl quality and looked better than momo ever has

The decision to not play spencer was dumb.

For mine that loss is on Ivan. Picking tmay again at half was dreadful.

Burton cleary plays better when hes not the organiser and when instead of organising or plsymaking hes first thought is to run.. cant do that with the passenger tmay at 7.

Some blokes in this team atm are playing themselves out of spots

Staines was the only backline player who went looking for work while big money Critta was hiding on his side with his finger up his butt.

age.s

First Grade
My thoughts are he's rusty - he's been comfortable playing centre all season, a much easier position, and he's still a little lost. But you can see that he never let his head drop and he made things happen, and his kicking started coming right. Sure, he'll make silly decisions, but he also seems to be a winner and I think he will go well when he has a run of games at half (even if he'll probably lose quite a few of them behind that Dogs pack). Compare that to May, who does... nothing. Zero. Zilch. There is nothing there.

But I don't think anyone is under any illusions about May. He's not a NRL standard halfback. He's a 14 and probably not even the best at the club anymore. He could turn it around but at the moment he looks to be headed towards the NSW cup.

Burton is supposed to be the guy who's going to have a long, illustrious career in the position. They absolutely should be evaluated differently.

stryker

First Grade
My thoughts are he's rusty - he's been comfortable playing centre all season, a much easier position, and he's still a little lost. But you can see that he never let his head drop and he made things happen, and his kicking started coming right. Sure, he'll make silly decisions, but he also seems to be a winner and I think he will go well when he has a run of games at half (even if he'll probably lose quite a few of them behind that Dogs pack). Compare that to May, who does... nothing. Zero. Zilch. There is nothing there.
Good, accurate summary.

martielang

Bench
Can’t argue with any of that, he’s a ridiculous talent but I thought he was extremely poor until we got on top in the forwards - mainly through Leota. So while he deserves praise for the last 30, I don’t think he deserves it the level he’s getting (based solely on tonight).

May is being picked in a position he shouldn’t be. So while he’s struggling, not all his fault IMO.

franklin2323

Immortal
Burton’s first 50 was a 2/10. Absolutely stinking let’s be real. He seems to be immune from any criticism. Got the other 8 in the last 30 though.

Leota turned it with his second stint. How the f**k does Cleary only give him 15 in the first stint. He came back and got us on the front foot, Api and Burton controlled it from there.

Jennings had a sensational game. Staines got to be under the pump. If Sauce was playing like this they’d be out with pitchforks.

Would love it if Crichton actually had a crack and justified half of his pay packet.
You are just learning this now about Burton?

franklin2323

Immortal
Can’t argue with any of that, he’s a ridiculous talent but I thought he was extremely poor until we got on top in the forwards - mainly through Leota. So while he deserves praise for the last 30, I don’t think he deserves it the level he’s getting (based solely on tonight).

May is being picked in a position he shouldn’t be. So while he’s struggling, not all his fault IMO.

Comes back to Ivan poor selection. Leota bench usage made no sense

Girds89

Bench
Staines was the only backline player who went looking for work while big money Critta was hiding on his side with his finger up his butt.
He made 66m from 9 carries in 80mins

Id hardly say he went looking for work..

I know hes not the sauce type but that not acceptable from any nrl winger

WestyLife

First Grade
He made 66m from 9 carries in 80mins

Id hardly say he went looking for work..

I know hes not the sauce type but that not acceptable from any nrl winger

He's not meant for that and never will be. He did show up in the middle a few times to try and help with a bit of passing. To say he should be dropped is stupid at best.

martielang

Bench

I get the criticism of Crichton and agree 100% but Jennings ran for 230m, Staines ran for 60 odd. There’s looking for work and there’s looking for work. Staines is waiting for his Centrelink pay cheque, granted it’s not his role to be the battering ram but still he could of injected himself a hell of a lot more.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
Burton is supposed to be the guy who's going to have a long, illustrious career in the position. They absolutely should be evaluated differently.

Who is currently been learning how to play centre for the last run of games. That's the point. Drop him into the halves for his first full game there since the Storm with 6 first teamers out, don't be shocked when he struggles for a little bit.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I'll live with the result. Short term pain, long term gain. Players will learn plenty from tonight. 2nd half much much better. Though Kiks non try was harsh. After the first half to only lose by 1. I'll cope.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade

His kicking was much better in that last 30, which was the most promising sign.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
I get the criticism of Crichton and agree 100% but Jennings ran for 230m, Staines ran for 60 odd. There’s looking for work and there’s looking for work. Staines is waiting for his Centrelink pay cheque, granted it’s not his role to be the battering ram but still he could of injected himself a hell of a lot more.

Jennings was 100 times better than Staines tonight.