What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 15 - Dragons vs Rabbitohs: Thursday 16th June 7:50pm @WIN Stadium

callmack1

Staff member
Finally mustered up the strength to watch the replay today and I gotta say it didn't make me feel any better at all.

Still so pissed off and disgusted at just how poor we were in almost all areas of the game. Yea, we've all seen plenty of dark days and poor performances when it comes to our team, but I think there's no doubt that Thursday night was our darkest night since 2017. Losing by 50 twice last year was bad but I honestly feel that the other night was worse, that's how terrible it was.

Can cop results like that against Penrith or Melbourne and I can cop it if the boys are putting in and trying but I'm not going to cop absolutely zero effort and being done like that by a mid-table team. That is unacceptable.

Kinda proud of the way we did come back a bit in the second half, but the damage was done, and it still doesn't excuse the game.

Literally, our only half decent players out there were Havili, Sele, Nicholls and maybe Cook and Murray. The rest should hang their heads in shame.

Normally I'd do a match report as you guys know but I really don't see any point this week. The boys don't deserve it and I'm struggling to find any sort of positives out of that game.

Our Season is now hanging in the balance and we could be in trouble.

Not a happy chappy this weekend.

Steenson123

Juniors
What ever the question - nickorema aint the answer - just ask the last three clubs he played for. mI know who should have been hooked last night and it wasn't Ilias, look no further than that moron Demetrio (?). He has gotta go.
Demetriou's two biggest off-season goals should have been focused on 1. Getting Mitchell match fit. Translation: get him SLIM and muscular as far as possible. Conversely Mitchell looked overweight and sluggish and hence he suffered a muscular injury. Mitchell has played 4 games in almost one year now! Imagine Bellamy allowing this to happen to Munster??
2. Smooth the HB situation and get Ilias to focus on just doing 1-2 SIMPLE things well. For example, strong kicking game and solid defense OR good passing game. Despite his lack of football, surely this was not too hard an ask from Demetriou!
Demetriou is a nobody. He was gifted a HC role by a friend, Bennett. Brisbane did not want him, nor did anyone else yet the club annointed Demetriou like he is special.

Steenson123

Juniors
Finally mustered up the strength to watch the replay today and I gotta say it didn't make me feel any better at all.

Still so pissed off and disgusted at just how poor we were in almost all areas of the game. Yea, we've all seen plenty of dark days and poor performances when it comes to our team, but I think there's no doubt that Thursday night was our darkest night since 2017. Losing by 50 twice last year was bad but I honestly feel that the other night was worse, that's how terrible it was.

Can cop results like that against Penrith or Melbourne and I can cop it if the boys are putting in and trying but I'm not going to cop absolutely zero effort and being done like that by a mid-table team. That is unacceptable.

Kinda proud of the way we did come back a bit in the second half, but the damage was done, and it still doesn't excuse the game.

Literally, our only half decent players out there were Havili, Sele, Nicholls and maybe Cook and Murray. The rest should hang their heads in shame.

Normally I'd do a match report as you guys know but I really don't see any point this week. The boys don't deserve it and I'm struggling to find any sort of positives out of that game.

Our Season is now hanging in the balance and we could be in trouble.

Not a happy chappy this weekend.
Listen with Johnston, Graham, Murray, Cook, Walker, Mitchell, Arrow, Tom B et al on the roster, we should NOT expect these timid non-performances against ANYONE!! Jack Gibson certainly would not have taken it nor would Bennett, Bellamy or even Bob Fulton. Nor would Ron Willey. Not against ANY OPPOSITION!! We have firepower but a nobody HC. It all starts there. Can you actually hear what Demetriou has to say? Its usually very short and simplistic, obviously he is a fraud and cannot get the job done.

lynx000

Juniors
Demetriou's two biggest off-season goals should have been focused on 1. Getting Mitchell match fit. Translation: get him SLIM and muscular as far as possible. Conversely Mitchell looked overweight and sluggish and hence he suffered a muscular injury. Mitchell has played 4 games in almost one year now! Imagine Bellamy allowing this to happen to Munster??
2. Smooth the HB situation and get Ilias to focus on just doing 1-2 SIMPLE things well. For example, strong kicking game and solid defense OR good passing game. Despite his lack of football, surely this was not too hard an ask from Demetriou!
Demetriou is a nobody. He was gifted a HC role by a friend, Bennett. Brisbane did not want him, nor did anyone else yet the club annointed Demetriou like he is special.
To be fair, JD has an impeccable record as a lower grade coach which would warrant him being given a crack at a first grade gig. Bennett had also worked with him for a long time and is aware of how good a coach he is. Success has followed him whereever he went.

I think some of you are under rating how hard it is to come in and try and replace Bennett at a club. No one has been able to do it successfully. I think you just have to hang in there and give him a good go at the role. You have had no luck with injuries. If he is still failing this time next year, then the axes should be out.

handyman2190

Bench
What you say makes sense,except for your sumation of the coach.
JD has extensive experience,this may be his first gig as a 1st grade coach but he has done a long apprentiship and learned from the best. He has won premierships in lower grades.
Buf many of my brethren here in their acute disappointment have lumped the blame on JD who virtually had min say in recruitment or retention.
Again ill say it again, everyone read and understand. Latrell has played 4 games since the manu travesty and came back with a knee injury,so has played 4 games in a year, so no latrell our maquee player, we lost AR the most important player in the spine,pappas and sollys decision and fault and their lack of foresight that poor ilias had had no football in 2 years and no nsw cup games.
We lost gagai an origin player and linchpin in the backline, we lost mongrel sua, then we lost a heap of depth players, and recruited who?
The best being havili, milf was bought to play 7 so ilias could acimatise,well that didnt happen forcing ilias to play every game, walker from the roosters has been periodically rested, and so ilias should have been.
Milne is a backup player,not a regular 1st grader,as everyone can see and noone better in nsw cup,paulo needs more development his defence even his lack of diving to score needs work.
So 2 missing from the spine has screwed us, JD was given a poisoned chalice and cops the blame for players not putting in.
Plus as history shows bennett coached sides take 2 years to recover this is a fact, plus he has poisened the players.
So yes i predicted a 10th finish, but this isnt on the coach.
Who!! What champion let nichols go next year? He was our best forward last week, and whilst i like fafita he isnt a nichols.
So please i know your all hurting,as am i but open your eyes,coach has been hamstrung by management and they know it hence no critisism,and you all know souths will always promote new coaches.