What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 15 V Roosters

The_Frog

First Grade
Roosters have a great record at Penrith, I might put a lazy pineapple on them.
The Roosters had two periods of success at Penrith, first was 1975-83, interrupted by Greg Alexander's debut. The other was a run of five straight in the noughties. Since then we've had the better of it, 7 from the last 10.

Smug Panther

First Grade
It has to be said that the Roosters have Keary, Friend, Cordner, Bmoz, Radley, Butcher, Collins, Verrils all missing from the side. If Penrith can't beat a 2nd string Roosters team then they won't be winning any premierships. The pressure is all on them, the Roosters will have nothing to lose on Friday night. Roosters have a great record at Penrith, I might put a lazy pineapple on them.
Pretty factual but we are going to win 13+

DinkyDi

Juniors
If we win on Friday night, it pays to remember that the Roosters will be decimated by injuries. Morris, Friend, and now Cordner has retired. Also, they have a lot of players out through injuries, and suspension. Personally, I think we will have our work cut out.

Black Diamond

Juniors
If we win on Friday night, it pays to remember that the Roosters will be decimated by injuries. Morris, Friend, and now Cordner has retired. Also, they have a lot of players out through injuries, and suspension. Personally, I think we will have our work cut out.
Yes we do have our work cut out. Many of the players missing have been missing for weeks and they have still been winning.

DinkyDi

Juniors
Yes we do have our work cut out. Many of the players missing have been missing for weeks and they have still been winning.
Cordner has not played this year, however, given now it is official that he has retired, they will be extremely fired up.

murraymob

Coach
The roosters will be a good game for us.we know they are playing well and will come out flying .hold them and we get them at the back end of game .The amount we win by just win get back on track

The_Frog

First Grade
It has to be said that the Roosters have Keary, Friend, Cordner, Bmoz, Radley, Butcher, Collins, Verrils all missing from the side. If Penrith can't beat a 2nd string Roosters team then they won't be winning any premierships. The pressure is all on them, the Roosters will have nothing to lose on Friday night. Roosters have a great record at Penrith, I might put a lazy pineapple on them.
It was some footy team if it could have been kept healthy.

age.s

First Grade
Craig Gower was the best player in 2003 as a halfback and yet he was always a better Hooker than Halfback.
Gower actually played Hooker though, so there was something concrete on which to base the judgement. With Cleary it's entirely theoretical.

Kilkenny

Coach
Craig Gower was the best player in 2003 as a halfback and yet he was always a better Hooker than Halfback.
Gower was a great player, most which was spent playing half back. One of our toughest ever players pound for pound. Played a lot of games over a prolonged period time with a chronic sternum problem. As anyone will tell you playing with a serious sternum injury requires courage & guts (and pain killing injections off course).