What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 15 Vs Broncos

getsmarty

Immortal
fuimoano-200806_gt_13.jpg

JUDICIARY

Breaking
Fuimaono downgrade attempt unsuccessful, out for fortnight
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Tue 18 Aug 2020, 11:40 PM

St George Illawarra forward Tyrell Fuimaono was unsuccessful in his quest for a downgrade at the NRL judiciary on Tuesday night.

Fuimaono was charged with a grade two dangerous contact offence following the Dragons' Round 14 win over Parramatta last weekend.

NRL counsel Peter McGrath successfully argued that the force of Fuimaono's third-man-in hip drop tackle on Junior Paulo midway through the first half of last Friday's game warranted a grade-two charge.

McGrath noted that the Dragons back-rower's actions led to him landing on the "vulnerable" Paulo's lower limb and therefore caused an unacceptable risk of injury.

Fuimaono's representative Nick Ghabar argued that while the 24-year-old accepted there was a risk of injury - hence why he pleaded guilty - the offence was not worthy of a grade two charge.

"You shouldn't confuse force with momentum", Ghabar said, while arguing that Paulo driving forward created the illusion of a greater impact.

The Indigenous All Stars representative will miss the Dragons' next two games against the Brisbane Broncos and Gold Coast Titans.

Earlier, Titans back-rower Kevin Proctor (biting) and Storm front-rower Jesse Bromwich (dangerous contact) were each suspended for four and one week(s) respectively.

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2020/08/18/fuimaono-suspended/

LINESPEED

Juniors
As Ive said before-why the hell is Norman even playing.He's been rubbish all year so they still give him another chance. Ive watched Sailor play and seen a completely different team when he's on. And Aitken is leaving so why persist with him. I just feel in 3 weeks we'll have the forum back to calling for Dean Youngs head because we'll be seeing the same old rubbish trotted out every week. This was finally a chance to see a new Red V and I really hope it doesnt slip by. Ive given my hard earned money over to so far see 2 games at Kogarah- but if i see it wasted in the same old manner as previous years,I'm not so sure i'll be committing next year. So Dean-get cracking and give us a Dragons we can all be proud of

The Clone has fallen at the first hurdle

Where in the fuc/k do these guys get their advice from?

Step outside the Dragon bubble for a moment!

Listen to The Fans
or you’re gone mate

Restoring the pride in the No3 jersey & handing Max his debut would’ve been such a powerful symbolic gesture to:

The Fans
The Juniors
The Future
A new dynamic Beginning

How special a media op that could’ve been

The stamp of renewal

Instead, in reselecting the already shafted & departing Aitken (& Norman),

.... Clone sent all the wrong messages - in a gobsmacking act of rewind & seemingly inherited stupidity
FFFMD

PS
I remember so well the astonishing energy and success
Jack Gibson gifted his teams in debuting (without fear Deano)
talented youngsters who repaid him in spades.

I remember too Frank Hyde being enthralled at how Jack’s ‘unknowns’ from the bench changed the course of countless games - and Club histories

....you’re way out of your depth son

Last edited:

SaintPeter

Juniors
With the exception of Norman (in the team rather than Sailor) I like the look of this team with four forwards on the bench.
Mary never did this.... did he?
We have enough versatility in the team on the park to cover injuries to key positions during the game and some (sort of) fresh forward muscle on the bench, provided they get rotated properly (Mary never did this either, i.e proper bench rotation).
Good luck Dean.

LINESPEED

Juniors
With the exception of Norman (in the team rather than Sailor) I like the look of this team with four forwards on the bench.
Mary never did this.... did he?
We have enough versatility in the team on the park to cover injuries to key positions during the game and some (sort of) fresh forward muscle on the bench, provided they get rotated properly (Mary never did this either, i.e proper bench rotation).
Good luck Dean.

I hope we win every game
...but this is the basic 17 that’ve won 9/32?
...so I think more rotation through our 29 should be a given?

We’ve relied on 2 attacking players that’ve won our games
- and guess where they’ve come from?
The juniors
And FMD have they been given a hard time!
So the message for Dean ?
We need 2 new attacking juniors ASAP

Max & Sailor/Sullivan please!

Or Cody - who’s potentially another Langlands

Our IMHO ordinary wingers are living off the attack of others

Last edited:

Crush

Coach
Hilarious reading.
People already outraged because Young hasn't selected the entire jersey flegg team from last year.
You want to throw in kids that haven't played any football since 11 months ago.
The same kids have never played against men, no Canterbury Cup, just straight into NRL at back end of season.
Id love to see the reaction when the juniors all shit the bed, drop passes, miss tackles, fall apart. Then we'd see the same people saying move them on they are shit.
Calm the f**k down.
Let's see what happens, its Youngs first game as interim head coach.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
Let us judge Young on results. I expect the Dragons to win no more games this year and if this prediction is true changes will need to be made to the coaching staff as the success ratio will be 25%. If I were a coach I would have Ramsey in the team instead of Pereira who may make ground but fails to score tries. Our 2010 side had sheer speed and that is what the team needs now.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Let us judge Young on results. I expect the Dragons to win no more games this year and if this prediction is true changes will need to be made to the coaching staff as the success ratio will be 25%. If I were a coach I would have Ramsey in the team instead of Pereira who may make ground but fails to score tries. Our 2010 side had sheer speed and that is what the team needs now.
Pereira will start scoring plenty of tries once Aitken is gone.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
So Forbes should we drop Aitken for Pereira or
Williame as centre and play Ramsey wing. Pereira only seems to get the ball coming out from the Dragons goal line. Why play Aitken if he is leaving?