What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 15 vs. Melbourne Storm

Didgi

Looks alright, the only change I'd make at the moment is Bowen into 6 and Gallant at the back, I don't know how likely that is for this week.

And of course the obligatory post blasting John Williams' selection again, but there's only so many times you can beat that drum. I don't know what Ben Harris did wrong last weekend.

Pretty much sums it up. Bit tough on Morgan though, two tries.

BDR

First Grade
Yeah, Morgan is definitely a bit too raw at the moment. Not to say he couldn't do the job though, he just needs to mature a bit I think.

Also, other than his tries on Saturday night (neither of which were spectacular bits of skill) he had a fairly quiet and average game, and has strung a few of those together to be honest. Send him back to the U-20s to help them out, they're really doing it tough at the moment and could do with his experience. Bowen can do the job and add more to the team.

StinkyPete

Juniors
I think watts should be kept as a impact hooker. I think young Morgan would have potential at that centre spot though.

elyod138

Bench
O'Donnell will be gone for a while, I think there's a chance that we may have seen the last of him in a Cowboys jersey.

BDR

First Grade
Gee that was ugly, I was so pissed off at O'Donnell. Origin is origin but you don't go charging in like a dickhead and get a guarenteed suspension. If they don't get him for the tackle they'll get him for the punch-up afterwards. Just when we need him the most against a physical Melbourne pack.

Oh well, get a chance to trot Hogan out again, hopefully he does well for us.

Cowboys woo

Juniors
O'Donnell is scum anyway. Never really liked him tbh.. he can go to the Sharks or Jap Rugby for all I care.

Azkatro

First Grade
f**king woeful. The golden period of 2003-2006 has taught the club nothing. Our players run out there with absolutely no attitude or self belief. Neil Henry has to start answering some tough questions, in my view.

beads6

First Grade
Big questions must be getting asked of Neil Henry at the Cowboys right now. The squad itself is not as bad as the crap they deliver for the fans each week...

BDR

First Grade
Thurston had an absolutely sh*te game tonight, he did absolutely nothing and pulled off some howlers. I don't know why the team seems to go DOWN a notch when their best playmaker is in the box seat. Also, why did Tupou get dropped? How many horrible games does John Williams need to play to get f**king dropped?!

WTF are we going to do guys, I am at my wits end

Canard

Immortal
Tupou was definitely injured I watched him play live in the U20's and to be honest he was hobbling on one leg through the whole game. The commentators mentioned if frequently (listened through sports ears) but it was obvious.

And played a shocker, got driven back in goal from about 5m out, dropped some sitters and missed some easy tackles.

When fit Id pick him but he was obviously "rested" or dropped due to injury.

For mine, Henry isn't the right fit for this team, wrong type of coach (round peg in square hole thing).

elyod138

Bench
I think everyone needs to be taking aim at the management firstly.

They are the ones who sacked Muzz in the pre-season, rejected Bennett and signed a rookie coach to a 5 year deal.

Henry should take some responsibility of course, I just think the majority of fans are aiming directly at him and overlooking the people who put the club in this position.

Last edited:

Talanexor

Juniors
And re-signed Webb, paid huge money for Manuokafoa and Kaufusi.

I'm really starting Neil Henry's ability to coach too. Maybe he can't do much about attitude or the roster, but we should not be making so many errors or have our defence look so disjointed.

Sacking Henry won't really do much though, who are we going to replace him with? Ricky Stuart?

How about we get rid of Parr and co, give Neil Henry total control over recruitment for next season and tell him if we don't make the finals next season, he'll need a new club for 2012.

Canard

Immortal
Tal, not having a go here mate but,

What in holy hell has Henry achieved in two seasons that would warrant, or give you confidence, to give him such power?

Ianc

Juniors
I agree with eloyd.

Our problems go much higher than the coach or players. If we sack the coach & a heap of players, I believe nothing will change.

I bet we wouldn't get the good coaches or players to look at the place anyway. Other clubs/players must see the stink that is coming from our management. Tate without injuries & younger wouldn't even talk to the Cowboys atm.