What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 15 vs Raiders

coastiedragon

Juniors
Can we win the comp this year? No way in the world dufty and norman both been told to piss off I would prefer to watch the young blokes have a dig and loose then watch players playing shithouse and play like busters what's the worse that can happen we loose to the bulldogs? Oh wait there!!!

ozbuck

Juniors
I saw the talk today in the papers that the lack of form is down to an ATTITUDE problem.

In the past years when this has happened everyone looked at Mary and said that it's the coaches responsibility to get the players attitude right and to get them up for the game.

I hope everyone holds Hook to the same accountability because if not then we've got a whole lot of double standards here.

Inisai Toga

Juniors
I saw the talk today in the papers that the lack of form is down to an ATTITUDE problem.

In the past years when this has happened everyone looked at Mary and said that it's the coaches responsibility to get the players attitude right and to get them up for the game.

I hope everyone holds Hook to the same accountability because if not then we've got a whole lot of double standards here.
the only one i‘d hold responsible is the person that lets the players talk such dribble to the media.....

thebigredv

First Grade

Hard to know but it looks like an attitude problem. If things don't come easy they aren't willing to put in. Maybe it's because there is a big clean out. I'd be keen on that.

True about double standards. Just seems we owe a new coach a certain courtesy to give them time before the finger points their way. It may not be fair but I haven't yet seen enough difference with this group to suggest they play a whole lot better under Hook, and now we hope he is pulling the right strings behind the scenes to recruit the right players. A couple players have played well but most not. No matter what happens this year there won't be much heat on him.

Supporting this team has been more about looking for someone to blame than celebrating rugby league. I'm guilty of it but when efforts like last game are given you got to start searching for the stench

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Maybe the so called attitude amongst some of the players comes from the fact that they see some blokes in the team are on big coin and compared with themselves that are only getting a small percentage of the salary cap.....put it this way if I was playing for us and I saw blokes like Hunt and Norman allegedly getting $2 mill a season between them and producing very little most weeks then I would think why should I bust my arse on what Im getting....not saying its the right thing to do but Im sure it happens.

Last edited:

Nicholas Kosic

Juniors
Hard to know but it looks like an attitude problem. If things don't come easy they aren't willing to put in. Maybe it's because there is a big clean out. I'd be keen on that.

True about double standards. Just seems we owe a new coach a certain courtesy to give them time before the finger points their way. It may not be fair but I haven't yet seen enough difference with this group to suggest they play a whole lot better under Hook, and now we hope he is pulling the right strings behind the scenes to recruit the right players. A couple players have played well but most not. No matter what happens this year there won't be much heat on him.

Supporting this team has been more about looking for someone to blame than celebrating rugby league. I'm guilty of it but when efforts like last game are given you got to start searching for the stench
I reckon most of it's coming from under the front office door

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
The Media love being able to summarize the state of the nation in as few words as possible, but it's never as simplistic as they like to make out. You could have 4 players injured, some suspensions, 3 coming back from time out from the game, key players concerned about their future, and a few with family problems or issues at home. The Media will shake their head and declare "attitude problem".

blacksafake

First Grade
Maybe the so called attitude amongst some of the players comes from the fact that they see some blokes in the team are on big coin and compared with themselves that are only getting a small percentage of the salary cap.....put it this way if I was playing for us and I saw blokes like Hunt and Norman allegedly getting $2 mill a season between them and producing very little most weeks then I would think why should I bust my arse on what Im getting....not saying its the right thing to do but Im sure it happens.
I'm sure it does happen, But I'd like to think it is a small minority.
Even those on lesser contracts are doing better than a lot of others who are making coffee, digging holes, cleaning toilets etc. These types would be better worrying about their own game & trying to improve in order to get a better contract. Maybe Hook is in the initial stages of cleaning them out & attempting to change the mindset of some.

getsmarty

Immortal
DRAGONS VS RAIDERS

Saturday 19 June, 5:30pm, WIN Stadium, Wollongong

DRAGONS

1. Matthew Dufty, 2. Cody Ramsey, 3. Brayden Williame, 4. Gerard Beale, 5. Mikaele Ravalawa, 6. Corey Norman, 7. Ben Hunt, 8. Blake Lawrie, 9. Andrew McCullough, 10. Paul Vaughan, 11. Tariq Sims, 12. Jack Bird, 13. Jackson Ford

Bench: 14. Talatau Amone, 15. Josh Kerr, 16. Daniel Alvaro, 17. Jack de Belin

Reserves: 18. Adam Clune, 19. Poasa Faamausili, 20. Tyrell Sloan, 21. Zac Lomax

Players dropped:

Late mail: Matt Dufty
suffered a knock to his already injured shoulder last week and, with their short turnaround, is expected to be ruled out which will see boom rookie Tyrell Sloan make his NRL debut. Zac Lomax was named on an extended bench but the club revealed on Friday that his return has hit a setback and he is not expected back for a couple more weeks. Jack de Belin could be integrated back into the starting 13 in the coming weeks as he builds up match fitness, with Jackson Ford dropping to the bench. Tariq Sims will switch sides this week moving back to the left and Jack Bird on the right edge

getsmarty

Immortal

Dragons v Raiders - Round 15​

St George Illawarra face a monumental task sustaining their top eight spot when they face Canberra Raiders on Saturday night. Jamie Soward previews the match

getsmarty

Immortal

Gun fullback on verge of debut with Dufty in doubt; Tigers stars race the clock: NRL Late Mail​

Pricey playmakers to hit the open market

Pricey playmakers to hit the open market | 02:28
Mark St John

Mark St John from Fox Sports
@markdfstjohn
June 18th, 2021 3:05 pm
Dragons fans will likely get a glimpse into the future this week with Matt Dufty in severe doubt and expected to be replaced by the man tipped as the club’s long-term fullback.
Meanwhile, several Wests Tigers stars are under an injury cloud as they race the clock for their clash with the Storm on Saturday.
Read on for all the latest team news and ins and out for Round 15 in NRL Late Mail.