What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 15 vs Raiders

redVbull

Juniors
Also, a big reduction in Set Restarts against us in this game. Big factor in our win IMO. Not convinced we are any worse than others, but given our past set-restart stats we are obviously copping greater scrutiny. Good to see us clearing ruck well and denying the Ref any opportunity in this game.

BLM01

First Grade
Fight it i say. 3 or 4 weeks is not much different in my mind, and there seems a reasonable chance Rav would get off on what I have seen.
Id rather see where his arms were at point of contact..or was that it in the photo, or a split second later as they were falling

BLM01

First Grade
That does not help him IMO but hard to tell from that photo.. thx @George Dragon
But let’s be fair dinkum that’s not a shoulder charge that’s just body contact in the midriff

the shoulder charge came in more about late hits with someone’s back turned, sailing close to the melon like SBW and whiplash, or even a cannonball at the knees etc or below
now they’ve elevated into any collision that appears someone hasn’t got arms wrapped around...
it’s ridiculous

Last edited:

Gourley's Socks

Juniors
That does not help him IMO but hard to tell from that photo.. thx @George Dragon
But let’s be fair dinkum that’s not a shoulder charge that’s just body contact in the midriff

the shoulder charge came in more about late hits with someone’s back turned, sailing close to the melon like SBW and whiplash, or even a cannonball at the knees etc or below
now they’ve elevated into any collision that appears someone hasn’t got arms wrapped around...
it’s ridiculous
Dangerous contact to the little head.

blacksafake

First Grade
What about Whitehead raising his knee ?
Whitehead whinges about everything but even he didn't seem to have an issue with that unless he had a bitch to the touchie who passed it on to the bunker.
It was right on the sideline so surely the touchie would have seen it & called it to the ref if it was that bad??

Last edited:

rasaint

Juniors
Basically any front on low tackle will have shoulder contact 1st, followed by arm wrap to a various degree. The shoulder contact stops the momentum, thereafter arms trip, lift or twist legs or body or combination to bring the attacker to ground. Is the MRC now saying that the micro second between shoulder contact and the arm wrap has a time limit. Is this a new but undisclosed criterion of the MRC? Have clubs been told that there is now a new micro second assessment time limit between shoulder contact and arm wrap in front on low tackles; that these gaps will be assessed in all games by high speed video technology? Something doesn’t add up here? Fans may not be blamed for speculating about a vendetta against Ravalawa? I don’t even want to speculate that could possibly be true.

St Tangles

Bench
Basically any front on low tackle will have shoulder contact 1st, followed by arm wrap to a various degree. The shoulder contact stops the momentum, thereafter arms trip, lift or twist legs or body or combination to bring the attacker to ground. Is the MRC now saying that the micro second between shoulder contact and the arm wrap has a time limit. Is this a new but undisclosed criterion of the MRC? Have clubs been told that there is now a new micro second assessment time limit between shoulder contact and arm wrap in front on low tackles; that these gaps will be assessed in all games by high speed video technology? Something doesn’t add up here? Fans may not be blamed for speculating about a vendetta against Ravalawa? I don’t even want to speculate that could possibly be true.
Correct shoulder always makes contact then arms wrap

If this is the new normal nearly every tackle should be sighted

qld redvee

Juniors
dont know if its been mentioned earlier but i was amazed at how late the raiders were allowed to slip the ball away when they seemed held for an eternity , which allowed them to keep running whilst our defence was standing still . Maybe I got frustrated because we seldom try to keep ball alive or have players sniffing around . Tapine seems to get the ball away all the time and we need to get our forwards doing this as well . But a big improvement in not giving away set restarts and I hope Kerr stays at prop where I believe he is more useful . anyway lets hope no injuries on sunday and then a big game against the warriors