What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 15 Vs The Warriors

TheFrog

Coach
If whare is such a defensive centre how come we were leaking so many points and lost 6 in a row no surprise him and blake out we win 3 in a row i think i know what the problem was.
Round 1-7 our points conceded was 21.4 per match. Lost a couple of close ones there and won a couple too. Round 8-10 was 30 per match, and round 11 on was 12.5 per match. The real problems were rounds 8-10, especially 9 and 10, as r8 was against a renowned attacking side (Raiders). The Tigers and Warriors games were nothing short of diabolical. The improvement in defence was achieved against much stronger performed sides. I'm not sure who can be blamed for the slump but thankfully there has been a marked turnaround.

Lets hope the Warriors are expecting the same today.

Round 1-7 our points conceded was 21.4 per match. Lost a couple of close ones there and won a couple too. Round 8-10 was 30 per match, and round 11 on was 12.5 per match. The real problems were rounds 8-10, especially 9 and 10, as r8 was against a renowned attacking side (Raiders). The Tigers and Warriors games were nothing short of diabolical. The improvement in defence was achieved against much stronger performed sides. I'm not sure who can be blamed for the slump but thankfully there has been a marked turnaround.

Lets hope the Warriors are expecting the same today.

We’ve got to be careful about those games we won, most of those teams were seriously weakened. We need more to go on before we can claim the defence has been fixed.

Just had a quick scan through the next few rounds and if things go our way and win against Warriors, Titans and Dragons, we’ll then be playing Canberra at home for a chance to equal our record winning streak of 8 wins in a row.

Then we play the Doggies at their home ground for a chance to beat it.

We’ve got to be careful about those games we won, most of those teams were seriously weakened. We need more to go on before we can claim the defence has been fixed.

Confidence and momentum are huge commodities and I’m hoping that the last four wins have generated enough of both to bolster our defence.......and perhaps even improve our attack

Hope the boys aren't thinking ahead like you guys. We are still an awful footy side and haven't beaten anyone of note

Last four wins were against sides that are firmly entrenched in the Top 8. Two of which are in the Top 4.

Yes I know they were under strength but so were we.

We would deserve the tag of being an awful footy side if we couldn’t jag such wins against those sides but we managed to do so. We have a long way to go but the recent wins gives a small yet worthy reason to be optimistic.

TheFrog

Coach
Hope the boys aren't thinking ahead like you guys. We are still an awful footy side and haven't beaten anyone of note
I guess the Storm and Raiders are the only teams "of note" then. We've won 6, five of them against top 8 sides, the other against 9th who is level with 8 on comp points. Still, if they don't get it done today, it is all moot.

OldPanther

Coach
Last four wins were against sides that are firmly entrenched in the Top 8. Two of which are in the Top 4.

Yes I know they were under strength but so were we.

We would deserve the tag of being an awful footy side if we couldn’t jag such wins against those sides but we managed to do so. We have a long way to go but the recent wins gives a small yet worthy reason to be optimistic.

It's not the same. They are missing their starting 17 players while we are replacing ours. I don't mean this as negative as it sound by the way. As long as we build each week those wins are a positive.

Fangs

Coach
Looks weird but makes sense. Winterstein will play 20 minutes and Whare will come on. Unless there are injuries.

Last edited: