What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 16 - Rabbitohs vs Eels: Saturday 2nd July 7:35pm @Accor Stadium

callmack1

Staff member
Well, our final bye week for 2022 is over and it's time to get back into the hard work and back into the grind. Hopefully the boys all had a great break, took some time away from Footy to freshen up and get ready for what needs to be a huge back end of the Season. Seriously, we need to find some form and go on a run, quick smart. That all starts this week as we take on Parra back there at home in what is no doubt one of the more monumental games of the Season for us. Potentially Season-defining. Close to must-win territory.

Given our record this year, any opponent this week would be a monumental occasion but when you add to it the fact that it's the Parramatta Eels, well, it just becomes that much bigger. Parra are a potential top four team and a potential Premiership contender so this is going to be a huge test for us back at home. Certainly the most stiff competition we've had in weeks which I'll be honest, is a worry with the way we've been going. They're a classy side on their day full of absolute superstars like Gutho, Sivo, Brown, Moses, Paulo, Mahoney, RCG, Matterson, Papali'i, just to name a few. That's pretty daunting when you read that out and think about it. On their day I reckon they are capable of beating anyone, as we have seen with their wins earlier in the Season against the Storm and Panthers. What's more, they'll still be smarting from their shock loss to the Dogs a couple weeks back and that spells danger for us.

However, we should also be smarting from our last game against the Dragons. We all know what happened there and I want the boys to remember that hurt and embarrassment, and use it to drive them this week. As I said earlier, we need to turn our Season around over the next eight or so weeks and that all starts on Saturday night. This game is so, so important and if the stakes don't fire the lads up, then nothing will. I just want to see some pride and passion, some heart. Some effort for the jersey and for the fans. Completing our sets and defending better wouldn't go astray too. Significantly, we should be able to field one of the strongest line ups we've had all year as Latrell is certain to return. That is just huge for us, adds so much to the team and boy do we need him right now. I really hope he's the key to unlocking Cody and we see a big game from our 5/8 in tandem with his Indigenous mate agiainst the Eels. We need some magic and that will go a long way to getting the result.

So super important week! Our backs are well and truly against the wall and the stakes are high. She's a big one in the context of our Season as win this and it will be huge for the confidence of the team but lose, and we could find ourselves out of the eight. What's it going to be? It's up to the boys. This is our line in the sand moment, a moment that is so very important. We need to make sure it is our moment. Bring on Saturday!!

callmack1

Staff member
Here's my predicted line up for Round 16 against the Eels

1. Mitchell
2. Johnston
3. Graham
4. Tass
5. Paulo
6. Walker
7. Ilias
8. Tatola
9. Cook
10. Nicholls
11. Koloamatangi
12. Arrow
13. Murray (C)

14. Nikorima
15. Havili
16. Burgess
17. Sele

Has to be some changes surely!! Either way, gonna be so bloody good to have Trell back!!

callmack1

Staff member
Rabbitohs Line Up For Round 16 Against Eels: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2022/06/28/rabbitohs-nrl-team-for-round-16-against-eels/

Not entirely happy with the team for this one I gotta say. How are there zero changes at all to that right edge? Seriously, the question needs to be asked. I would have at least brought in Tass. Pretty disappointed with that to be honest. JD must be extremely confident they can turn it around and to the job. Jeez, I hope they can!

The two changes I do like are obviously Latrell back which we all knew was gonna happen, and Nicho returning to the starting side with Tom on the bench. Obviously, Latrell is a HUGE in for us in an important clash and while we can't expect him to be on fire straight away, just his presence will add so much and I hope it sparks something in all the boys, especially Cody. I also think the side is more balanced with the forward pack and bench rotation we're running with now too.

So not entirely happy with the line up but it's still a very strong team on their day. We need to go out there on Saturday and make sure it's our day from the start!!

callmack1

Staff member
"We're feeling refreshed" - Tatola: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2022/06/28/junior-tatola-media-round-16/

"We're coming into this week with a good mindset" - Nicholls: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2022/06/28/mark-nicholls-media-round-16/

"I'm feeling really good about this week" - Burgess: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2022/06/28/thomas-burgess-media-round-16/

NRL community unites for Beanies for Brain Cancer Round: https://www.nrl.com/news/2022/06/28/beanie-for-brain-cancer/

NRL Beanies for Brain Cancer Round 2022: https://www.nrl.com/news/2022/06/28/nrl-beanies-for-brain-cancer-round-2022/

Don't forget that it's also a very special Round this weekend, one of the most important of the year in my opinion, Beanies for Brain Cancer Round. Do your bit and go buy a Beanie or donate to an amazing cause! I certainly will be.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Isaiah Tass is expected to come into the side, likely starting at centre. It’s believed Taane Milne will drop out to accommodate the move. Cam Murray passed his HIA test during Origin and is expected to face the Eels, but must pass relevant protocols to receive final clearance.

From DT

callmack1

Staff member
I've woken up extremely nervous today so that can only mean one thing.... It's one hell of a game day today!! I know I'm inclined to always pump it up a bit but this week I really mean it when I say today is a huge day in the context of our Season as this game against the Eels is our biggest and most important so far. We're getting close to must-win territory and really needing to go on a run if we want to make the Finals so that needs to start tonight. This game has to be our turning point, it has to be our line in the sand moment and it has to be us walking away with the two points.

It's not going to be easy at all against this Eels side and I believe this game will really show us where we're at. It'll show us whether we have a real shot or whether we're just making up the numbers. Parra are a potential top four team and a potential Premiership contender so this is going to be a huge test for us back at home. Certainly the most stiff competition we've had in weeks which I'll be honest, is a worry with the way we've been going. They're a classy side on their day full of absolute superstars like Gutho, Sivo, Brown, Moses, Paulo, Mahoney, RCG, Matterson, Papali'i, just to name a few. That's pretty daunting when you read that out and think about it. On their day I reckon they are capable of beating anyone, as we have seen with their wins earlier in the Season against the Storm and Panthers. What's more, they'll still be smarting from their shock loss to the Dogs a couple weeks back and that spells danger for us.

However, we should be extremely fired up to right the wrongs of our last start too! If the boys don't come out and show a bounce-back factor that is focused, full of passion, well then we really have some issues. I want to boys to remember that hurt and embarrassment, and use that to drive them tonight. The stakes couldn't be higher so I will be very disappointed if we're flat and not switched on. Just play the South Sydney way, with pride, heart and passion which has been lacking in some games this year. Trell returning is a huge boost and I hope that clicks us into form however, we can't expect him to do everything. Everyone around him needs to do their job. Hold the ball, sort out our completions and tidy up that defence!! I just really, really want to see us click! We need some magic tonight!

As I said earlier, I'm very nervous. Our backs are well and truly against the wall and the stakes are high. She's a big one in the context of our Season as win this and it will be huge for the confidence of the team but lose, and we could find ourselves out of the eight. What's it going to be? It's up to the boys. This is our line in the sand moment, a moment that is so very important. We need to make sure it is our moment. Bring it!!

Rabbits20

Immortal

Well Game Day is once again upon it feels like it’s been a while! I’m nervous re tonight. Going to be a massive game for us we need to bounce back and really get that win tonight. 2 weeks ago against the Dragons that first half was a disgrace to the jersey so I hope all the boys have had a good hard look at themselves and that they felt embarrassed. We start our run home now and if we wanna make something of this season we need to improve now and that starts with holding the ball and being hungry to work for one another in defence.

It certainly won’t be easy against Parra tonight they’re not far off top 4 and have shown they can beat anyone on their day. They have strike all over the park Gutho, Sivo, Penisini, D. Brown, Moses, Mahoney, Paulo, RCG, Ipap etc…… so if we are off our game they’ll make us pay. We are gonna have to aim up in the middle to have a chance and not piggyback them with easy penalties. For us getting Trell back is a big boost but we can’t expect him to do it all everyone needs to lift their game. Will be good to see Tass get another run too. It’s a very wet one in Sydney here so patience will be important and kicking to corners playing the percentages. We have to want it more than Parra it’s as simple as that we need to find a way to get this done.

Ok well not long til the players come out onto Accor Stadium it’s a very wet night but good to still see plenty of Red and Green in the stands. Lets make sure we make as much noise as possible for the full 80mins to get the boys those vital 2 competition points. Lets make sure everyone watching at home knows this is a South Sydney home game!!!

Ok as we look down the tunnel at Accor Stadium we can see the away team the Eels making their way down the tunnel………. Rabbitohs members and Rabbitohs supporters please give a warm South Sydney welcome to the Parramatta Eels!!!

10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1………….

OK RABBITOHS MEMBERS AND RABBITOHS SUPPORTERS ITS TIME TO GET ON YOUR FFFEEETTTT!!! SHOW THE COLOURS CLAP YOUR HANDS STAMP YOUR FEET SCREAM YOUR LUNGS OUT HERE THEY COME BACK ONTO HOME TURF YOUR SOUTH SYDNEY RRAAABBIIITTOOHHSSS!!!

LETS GO RABBITTTOOOHHHSS!!!