What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 16 vs Eels Discussion + Voting

Country Bronco

Juniors
Broncos team to play Parramatta at Parramatta Stadium, Saturday June 26 at 5.30pm:
1 Josh Hoffman
2 Antonio Winterstein
3 Matt Gillett
4 Israel Folau
5 Jharal Yow Yeh
6 Darren Lockyer (c)
7 Peter Wallace
8 Shane Tronc
9 Andrew McCullough
10 Lagi Setu
11 Ben Te'o
12 Sam Thaiday
13 Corey Parker
Interchange:
14 Ben Hunt
15 Ashton Sims
16 Mitchell Dodds
17 Nick Kenny

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
I'd prefer to see Teo in the centers, hes faster and i like gillet operating in the middle. Good to see Kenny coming off the bench he wasn't ready to come back last week. I'm probably going to go to this game with some parra mates so i really need the team to show up and win.:D

Big Pete

Referee
Eels: 1. Jarryd Hayne 2. Luke Burt 3. Joel Reddy 4. Jonathon Wright 5. Krisnan Inu 6. Kris Keating 7. Daniel Mortimer 8. Nathan Cayless (C) 9. Jeff Robson 10. Fuifui Moimoi 11. Nathan Hindmarsh (C) 12. Ben Smith 13. Feleti Mateo
Interchange: 15. Tim Mannah 16. Justin Horo 17. Justin Poore 18. Tom Humble

Big Pete

Referee
Strong side, it'll have to perform to beat the Eels.

Eels always seem to lift when they play us.

Lycon79

Juniors
I like the forwards ATM especially with a bench consisting of Kenny, Dodds and Sims they all like to get of the line quick with plenty of aggression

jarro

Juniors
I'm hoping Kenny provides a bit more in this game than he did in the game against the Panthers.

He seems to get dominated a lot in attack and doesn't really help provide much go-forward for us.

Country Bronco

Juniors
I'm hoping Kenny provides a bit more in this game than he did in the game against the Panthers.

He seems to get dominated a lot in attack and doesn't really help provide much go-forward for us.

I think you'll find kenny will improve with the more games he plays. He was considered our no1 prop before his injury on the back of strong defense and go forward. He's not the most flambouyant of players but he's reliable and consistent. Having had been named in the team for a number of weeks and having to pull out last minute with the calf, you wouldn't blame him for playing a bit cautiously.

Big Pete

Referee
I expect a lot of focus to be on Darren Lockyer who this week will break the record for 'Most Games For A Single Record' which belonged to Andrew Ettingshausen who represented his beloved Cronulla Sharks 328 times.

The game will mark Lockyer's career going full circle. From stepping onto Parramatta as a blonde hair kid into stepping onto Parramatta as a Rugby League legend. It's an amazing achievement by a wonderful player and I for one respect his contributions to the Broncos.

As for the game itself.

I believe Brisbane can take the Eels if they play for field position. There is no point trying to beat the Eels with the ball in hand, not when they have such dynamos as Jarryd Hayne. Thus, if Lockyer, Wallace, McCullough and Hunt can kick the ball as soon as possible and turn the Eels forwards around continuously I believe they can suffocate them inside their own halves given the inexperience of their halves pairing.

Aside from that, I hope the weekend off did the boys some good. I believe last Friday's performance came off a demanding week of football and with it behind them they will be ready for the Eels at Parramatta.

cornerposter

Juniors
I think you'll find kenny will improve with the more games he plays. He was considered our no1 prop before his injury on the back of strong defense and go forward.
Not by me he wasn't, he's smashed consistently. Needs to come back bigger and better than ever if he wants to stay in the top grade for much longer.

Always a danger game, usually determined by what head the slimey's are wearin'

Country Bronco

Juniors
Not by me he wasn't, he's smashed consistently. Needs to come back bigger and better than ever if he wants to stay in the top grade for much longer.

Always a danger game, usually determined by what head the slimey's are wearin'

Okay, I can handle that someone might have a difference of opinon but you could at least state who was your no1 prop at the time kenny got injured? I'm interested to hear your thoughts.

beads6

First Grade
No it doesn't. Kenny was in fantastic form last year.

Dead set, we have so many turnstyle supporters around here it's ridiculous.

Last year means nothing, Sims as amazing at the end of last year and couldn't get a game in first grade until injuries struck this year.

Mr Saab

Referee
I expect a lot of focus to be on Darren Lockyer who this week will break the record for 'Most Games For A Single Record' which belonged to Andrew Ettingshausen who represented his beloved Cronulla Sharks 328 times.

The game will mark Lockyer's career going full circle. From stepping onto Parramatta as a blonde hair kid into stepping onto Parramatta as a Rugby League legend. It's an amazing achievement by a wonderful player and I for one respect his contributions to the Broncos.

I wouldnt expect any focus on it. It is a milestone, but not something the league media will go ga ga over....if it was A Johns on the other hand, well..........

Max1990

Juniors
Big game this week, we need the win before we lose Locky, Izzy and Thaiday next week for Origin. Hopefully Gillett can play a good game in the centres. He needs to work on that last pass because he's struggled with it so far this season.

cornerposter

Juniors
No it doesn't. Kenny was in fantastic form last year.

Dead set, we have so many turnstyle supporters around here it's ridiculous.

f**k you knob muncher. I've been supporting this club since inception, I'm a paid up member and have travelled to bustling metropolis locations like Orange just to watch them play. You on the other hand probably go to a game once a year and wouldn't see a backline move coming if it bit you on the arse.

Broncos fan!

Juniors
f**k you knob muncher. I've been supporting this club since inception, I'm a paid up member and have travelled to bustling metropolis locations like Orange just to watch them play. You on the other hand probably go to a game once a year and wouldn't see a backline move coming if it bit you on the arse.

Mate, I was referring to supporting our players, not the club. I couldn't care less how many games you went to, at least it shows your aren't a turnstyle with the club like you are with the players I suppose.

cornerposter

Juniors
I was referring to supporting our players, not the club.

• Kenny's not the best prop in the place
  • Our front row stocks are low

Hardly two statements that suggest I don't support the players in this great club. Feel free to implant your head firmly back in your arse.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Have to agree with cornerposter. Firstly, I don't see why we are not allowed to have opinion on players. Even though I wish the players all the best (and I'm more than happy to be proven wrong) I'm not going to come out and say all the players are great and there aren't any areas of improvement.

Secondly, I do believe that Kenny is over-rated, even last year (especially the talk of origin, please!). Tbh I've never been a big Kenny fan. Sure, he is close to the best prop at the club but that is not a great achievement given all the great props that have left over the years. However, our front row is starting to look promising for the future, with Hannant coming back, Tronc going well, Anderson maybe, young guns of Dodds, Lui, and McGuire and Hala now with QC experience, and T Sims who I've heard has been outstanding in TC. Kenny will have to improve his game to remain in the 17 if a couple of the young guys start to really stand up.

Re the Parra game. I've been overseas over the past month and only started to catch up on the games (tried live stream but couldn't get a great internet connection). First half against the Rabbits was awesome! I think the Broncos have a great future, with Hoffman really stepping up to secure the #1 and Gillette continuing, Teo really has proven himself, and the list goes on..... Think the Broncos will have too much strike power and will beat the Eels in a close one.