What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 16 vs Tigers

Copperhead

Juniors
1 Dallin Watene Zelezniak
2 Josh Mansour
3 Dean Whare
4 Waqa Blake
5 David Simmons
6 Jamie Soward
7 Peter Wallace (c)
8 Reagan Campell-Gillard
9 Apisai Koroisau
10 Nigel Plum
11 Isaah Yeo
12 Bryce Cartwright
13 Elijah Taylor

Interchange
14 Lewis Brown
15 Jeremy Latimore
16 Sam McKendry
17 Tyrone Peachey
23 Sika Manu

NSW Cup
Panthers vs Wyong Roos
Morrie Breen Oval - 3pm
Sunday 28th June

Garth Brennan has announced his team to face the Wyong Roos. Robert Jennings is a welcome return from injury while Isaac John and Will Smith team up in the halves. His team is as follows:

1. Adrian DAVIS
2. Eddie AIONO
3. Robert JENNINGS
4. Geoff DANIELA
5. Maliko FILINO
6. Isaac JOHN
7. Will SMITH
8. Sam ANDERSON
9. Brendan ATTWOOD
10. Andy SAUNDERS
11. Chris SMITH
12. Tupou SOPOAGA
13. Leilani LATU

INTERCHANGE

14. Stanton ALBERT
15. Matt EISENHUTH
16. Rodney COATES
17. Atonio PELASASA

NYC
Panthers vs Tigers
Leichhardt Oval - 4pm
Sunday 28th June

Despite enjoying a nine-match winning streak, Cameron Ciraldo has made some changes in key positions for his Penrith Panthers NYC side’s showdown with Wests Tigers. SG Ball success story Nathan Cleary has been named at five-eighth while Dylan Edwards, who wore the number six against the Bulldogs, has been named in the centres. Paea Pua shifts from the back row to the front row, Kaide Ellis and Oliver Clark drop back to the bench, and Corey Waddell has been elevated to a starting role alongside Shane Kiel in the back row.

1. Brent NADEN (c)
2. Fuimanu ENESE
3. Jack NELSON
4. Dylan EDWARDS
5. Braidon BURNS
6. Nathan CLEARY
7. Sam ELWIN
8. Paea PUA
9. Soni LUKE
10. Moses LEOTA
11. Corey WADDELL
12. Shane KIEL
13. Tyrone MAY

INTERCHANGE

14. Kaide ELLIS
15. Cowen EPERE
16. Oliver CLARK
17. Soni HALA
19. Thomson TUIGAMALA

maple_69

Bench
Pretty decent sides all things considered.
How long is Moss and BMM out for.
Are Corey Waddell, Thomson Tuigamala and Nathan Cleary related to Greg, Sonny and Ivan? Oh yep Nathan is Ivans son, can't find anything about the other two.

mxlegend99

Referee
If it wasn't for injuries our team wouldn't change each week. Cleary refuses to drop poor performing players... unless he's trying to piss them off to make it easier to get rid of them.

Cartwright should be in the halves playing 80 minutes. Yeo should be in the centres ahead of Blake and trying his best to get the forwards going like Mansour will and Idris used to.

Why not give Tupou Sopoaga or Latu a run? Give Will Smith a run on the bench as our utility. Not bring the now healthy Josh Mansour in for the injured James Segeyaro and a reshuffle of positions.

TheFrog

Coach
Cleary has made it clear at recent press conferences that he believes the disjointed nature of the side's attack is due to continual changes. Thus there is absolutely no way he's going to bring in more debutantes unless he absolutely must.

I would have left Yeo in the backline myself but clearly Ivan saw that as a stopgap. Wallace and Soward together have an excellent winning ratio, and I suspect Ivan was satisfied with Wallace's performance last game. It is Soward, I feel, who looks a bit underdone at the present time.

I'm happy with Bryce in the back row with a roving commission.

i think cartwright is more effective as a backrow player than 80 min half. if in the halves he will over complicate things too much, whilst in backrow he can be there to put in occasional grubbers and occasional miracle plays and passes. it suits him being a ball playing runner.

Both Peach and Bryce are also much much better halves than Wallace and both have vastly outplayed him when given the chance.

maple_69

Bench
Yeah with Moylan likely out for the season now our season is all but done. Might as well play Cartwright and Blake in their preferred positions to get them ready to be integral parts of next years team.

On bci wonder if we are topping out our second tier cap. I can't imagine how we wouldn't be. Unless most of the guys we have brought in were in the top squad. It may be why we aren't seeing any more debuts.

Soward has definitely been off since coming back from injury. With the Pauli Pauli hit and the Jackson tackle he hasn't had the best recovery..

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
If it is truly season over, I would be leaving out Plum, Simmons, and maybe even Brown....assuming we have some uninjured replacements (BMM, one of the Jenningses, Anderson etc.).

chrisD

Coach
It's a decently better team than last week and the Tigers have rarely been any good, there's a good chance.

franklin2323

Immortal
Blake isn't a winger. I would much rather him at centre if there at all.

Latu should be on the bench over McKendry and Peachey in for Wallace but like I have said all along Ivan doesn't drop players

ACTPanthers

Bench
Preferred position or not, if Blake bombs a try in this game... Well, I won't do anything but god I'll be livid

mxlegend99

Referee
Blake isn't a winger. I would much rather him at centre if there at all.

Latu should be on the bench over McKendry and Peachey in for Wallace but like I have said all along Ivan doesn't drop players
Ivan must hate it when we get players back from injury and no one else is injured to fit them in. He got lucky this week with Mansour replacing Segeyaro.

Imagine if Plum, Kite, Latimore,Mckendry and RCG were fit at once... he would have to drop RCG to keep his favorites in the team. Actually I could see Cartwright being dumped to fit them all in. We only seem to drop our best players due to form.

TheFrog

Coach
If it is truly season over, I would be leaving out Plum, Simmons, and maybe even Brown....assuming we have some uninjured replacements (BMM, one of the Jenningses, Anderson etc.).

Even if we cannot make the finals (which is not the case) we still like to win games, don't we?

Frankus

Juniors
Ivan must hate it when we get players back from injury and no one else is injured to fit them in. He got lucky this week with Mansour replacing Segeyaro.

Imagine if Plum, Kite, Latimore,Mckendry and RCG were fit at once... he would have to drop RCG to keep his favorites in the team. Actually I could see Cartwright being dumped to fit them all in. We only seem to drop our best players due to form.

There is no way he could drop RCG. He has been our best forward all year.

franklin2323

Immortal

They were he played Plum at second row :lol: