What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 16 vs Warriors

getsmarty

Immortal
Yep
Not to mention people turning the tv off at 1/2 time when the score is already a blowout.

Exactly....I used to watch most games....not anymore....I watched the Roosters v Penrith game and our game..... Supporters will leave in droves if they continue with this rubbish agenda.... who wants to watch 50 + scorelines....teams getting walloped....its like watching under 10's....

Peter Sterling alluded to this.... The powers to be would be wise if they started to listen to people in the know who have decades of knowledge about the game....

Bunker....intervenes too much..Refs are not up to standard ( inconsistent decisions every week )....there are realistically only 3 or 4 teams who can win every year because the cap is not working.

Last edited:

BLM01

First Grade
Exactly....I used to watch most games....not anymore....I watched the Roosters v Penrith game and our game..... Supporters will leave in droves if they continue with this rubbish agenda.... who wants to watch 50 + scorelines....teams getting walloped....its like watching under 10's....

Peter Sterling alluded to this.... The powers to be would be wise if they started to listen to people in the know who have decades of knowledge about the game....

Bunker....intervenes too much..Refs are not up to standard ( inconsistent decisions every week )....there are realistically only 3 or 4 teams who can win every year because the cap is not working.
One of the biggest blights in the games at the moment and why the six agains are not working causing massive possession swings one way is that the attacker is getting forgotten in being policed by the referees.
they can do nearly anything they like with minimal scrutiny around the ruck and getting away with it trying to gain advantage by playing the ball at breakneck speed moving off the mark, touching markers and moving away from the tackled position and correct play the balls by actually getting totally off the ground
Yes some things get picked up but not enough
We keep 6 agains but slow the play the ball area by making them do it right or it’s a handover

jeffdragon

Bench

What shits me is players putting the ball on the ground Iike taupau yesterday and getting the penalty not even getting to his feet.

redv13

Bench

What shits me is how common it is now for the video ref to get in the refs ear 3,4,5 plays later and play going back for a penalty. This game is league not rah rah crap

blacksafake

First Grade
One of the biggest blights in the games at the moment and why the six agains are not working causing massive possession swings one way is that the attacker is getting forgotten in being policed by the referees.
they can do nearly anything they like with minimal scrutiny around the ruck and getting away with it trying to gain advantage by playing the ball at breakneck speed moving off the mark, touching markers and moving away from the tackled position and correct play the balls by actually getting totally off the ground
Yes some things get picked up but not enough
We keep 6 agains but slow the play the ball area by making them do it right or it’s a handover
The ruck is a blight on the game & is a complete lucky dip, especially with the 6 agains. You watch Latrell Mitchell(he's not alone) every play the ball he either steps forward or sideways & never on the mark & then the poor marker is called for ruck infringement or the defence for being inside the 10 even though he walked a metre or 2. :mad::mad:

thebigredv

First Grade
If ever there was a game that would define the fate of 2021 Dragons, this is it.

Essentially it is a 50/50 game against the Warriors. Last time we came up with enough reasons to lose, we let the Warriors control the game by lacking in genuine energy and line speed.

Obviously a premiership is not on the cards, but to make the 8 would be a huge positive for Griffin and the club, and although the winning can't stop here, if we lose this one it won't be a top 8 finish for us this year.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
With Rava out for a month this is the side I’d go depending on availability of some players.
1.Dufty
2.Wiliame
3.Fuimaono
4.Lomax
5.Ramsey
6.Norman
7.Hunt
8.Lawrie
9.Macca
10.Kerr
11.Bird
12.Sims
13. DeBelin
14.Ford/Burns
15.Vaughan
16.McGuire
17. Alvaro/Faumausili
I reckon for potency of attack Ramsey should be moved outside Lomax. Wiliame can provide good metres from the wing but adds more than JP. McGuire will be handy fill in at hooker if needed.

NRL is becoming like English premier soccer league. Same 3 or 4 teams win every year - boring in the extreme.

Smurf

Juniors
With Rava out for a month this is the side I’d go depending on availability of some players.
1.Dufty
2.Wiliame
3.Fuimaono
4.Lomax
5.Ramsey
6.Norman
7.Hunt
8.Lawrie
9.Macca
10.Kerr
11.Bird
12.Sims
13. DeBelin
14.Ford/Burns
15.Vaughan
16.McGuire
17. Alvaro/Faumausili
I reckon for potency of attack Ramsey should be moved outside Lomax. Wiliame can provide good metres from the wing but adds more than JP. McGuire will be handy fill in at hooker if needed.
Solid team
Mine

1.Dufty
2.Matt F
3.Willame
4.Lomax
5.Ramsey
6.Norman
7.Hunt
8.Lawrie
9.Macca
10.Kerr
11.Bird
12.Sims
13. DeBelin
14.Burns
15.Vaughan
16.McGuire
17. Fui

BLM01

First Grade
Solid team
Mine

1.Dufty
2.Matt F
3.Willame
4.Lomax
5.Ramsey
6.Norman
7.Hunt
8.Lawrie
9.Macca
10.Kerr
11.Bird
12.Sims
13. DeBelin
14.Burns
15.Vaughan
16.McGuire
17. Fui
I’d have Poasa instead of BB as has good keg speed runs hard over the advantage line

In lieu of Norman let’s throw Sullivan with the skipper
18th man Amone for Sullivan if injured
19th man Sloan
If it’s good enough for Townsend to play Reggie’s it’s good enough for Norman

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I’d have Poasa instead of BB as has good keg speed runs hard over the advantage line

In lieu of Norman let’s throw Sullivan with the skipper
18th man Amone for Sullivan if injured
19th man Sloan
If it’s good enough for Townsend to play Reggie’s it’s good enough for Norman
I like Poasa too, only reason I’d play Fuimaono in the centre’s would be to be able to fit another forward on the bench. I also think Wiliame would make some nice metres from the wing.

SGMax

Juniors
I like Poasa too, only reason I’d play Fuimaono in the centre’s would be to be able to fit another forward on the bench. I also think Wiliame would make some nice metres from the wing.
I like the team but if we have Bird and Fui in the centre and 2nd row spots, I would put Bird at centre.
Fui did quite well as cover but he deserves to play in his preferred backrow spot where possible.

Dragon David

First Grade
NRL is becoming like English premier soccer league. Same 3 or 4 teams win every year - boring in the extreme.
I read that a journo on NRL 360 said that the team that scores the try should restart by kicking to the other team, that way the "dominant" team isn't going to keep possession most of the time and the scores could be closer. Maybe that would be good?

Old Timer

Coach
I read that a journo on NRL 360 said that the team that scores the try should restart by kicking to the other team, that way the "dominant" team isn't going to keep possession most of the time and the scores could be closer. Maybe that would be good?
IMO it would be shit house and further degradation of the very fabric of the game.

Attacking teams are rewarded in almost every other facet of the game so why penalise them when they score which is the very essence of the game?

It would be interesting to see how many teams actually come up with a poor set of 6 after scoring points I know for sure we very often do and it is often mentioned in other games by commentators.

It is not the fact of who is kicking off that is causing the blow outs in scores.

Illusion

Bench
The ruck is a blight on the game & is a complete lucky dip, especially with the 6 agains. You watch Latrell Mitchell(he's not alone) every play the ball he either steps forward or sideways & never on the mark & then the poor marker is called for ruck infringement or the defence for being inside the 10 even though he walked a metre or 2. :mad::mad:
Its a lucky dip mate ..... easier to run back to your goal line and defend from there , less chance of 6 again .....

blacksafake

First Grade
How about they change a try to 2 points, conversion to 1 & a penalty goal to 1/2.
That’ll keep the scores down 🙄😁

kit66

Bench
The team I want to see run out against the Warriors - ( I'm a fan of NOT playing players out of position unless it's due to injuries or desperation ).

1. Sloan ( Dufty if he's fit I guess )
2. Ramsey
3. Bird
4. Lomax
5. Max Feagai if he's fit, otherwise Williame or Sloan if Dufty is fb. Sloan has played plenty of wing.
6. Norman
7. Hunt

8. Lawrie
9. McC
10. Vaughan
11. Kerr
12. Sims
13. DeBelin

14. McGuire
15. Burns
16. Fui
17. Po or Alvaro

18. Williame or Ford

Crush

Coach
Did I read that both DWZ and Townsend have made mid season switches before our clash with them?
They’ll be up for this game.

Latest posts