What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 17 Dragons v Titans

ALSGI

Bench
Ok, new round and we're away from home on a Friday night.

I predicted we'd lose to the Knights early last week and still thought we'd lose just before kick off but glad I was so, so wrong! We never looked like losing! So to give the Dragons the best chance possible, I'm predicting another loss here (although I actually think we can win this one).

We've dropped to 6th place despite our win thanks to the Donkeys (inspired by a great game by Hunt) win against the odds in Canberra. Then there was the Manly flogging against the Peptides. Good news is that 4 of the top 5 teams play each other this weekend whilst the other (Manly) play Warriors which is a lottery.

Bad news is that Titans are still a chance for the top 8 and are at home with a bit of form from last start with their roster improving from injuries.
They have a 7 day turn around vs our 5 days. Also Vaughan is out and we have a couple of players badly out of form (Nene and McGroan) or lacking ability.

Good news imo is that Aitken may be back, as well as JDB. Lafai showed improvement on last two games and Duges is on fire (even passed for a try yesterday!). Widdop's playing really well although he and Duges missed vital tackles yesterday. McInnes is very solid and went on a few runs from dummy yesterday and looked good.

If Aitken's back I'd like to see Mann at Half or Wing, either way he's better than both McGroan or MacPlodder although I'd like to see what sort of game Nene puts in against his old club.

Whatever happened at half time yesterday needs to be the mantra for the rest of the year. A video of the disgraceful booing as they ran off at half time needs to be replayed to them before each game.

Big Hooters

gaz_head

Juniors
Disgraceful booing was due to the disgraceful 1st half showing.
And yes, I agree we should win this one. Just hoping McCrone is dropped for anyone else really

ALSGI

Bench
Agree BGB
But I was standing in the tunnel as they came out after halftime.
And the spray tommo gave them from the dressing room till the kickoff for the second half, was straight to the point and very passionate.
imo was a big reason why they lifted there game.
Sammy, can you tell us what he was saying?

hewi

Bench
This will not be an easy game, Henry is a far better coach than McGregor can ever hope to be. It's a home game for the Titans so no Dragons supporters in numbers to boo them to victory, Vaughan out, McCrone I think I can safely say won't be dropped. They can win it but only if they put it together like the second half against the Knights, play like they did against the Tigpies or Dogs they will lose. Packer will have to step up big time also.

Alec's-saints

Juniors
This will not be an easy game, Henry is a far better coach than McGregor can ever hope to be. It's a home game for the Titans so no Dragons supporters in numbers to boo them to victory, Vaughan out, McCrone I think I can safely say won't be dropped. They can win it but only if they put it together like the second half against the Knights, play like they did against the Tigpies or Dogs they will lose. Packer will have to step up big time also.
will be more saints fans then titans. we have alot of fans in qld

MilanDragon

Juniors
Will not be an easy game at all. If Hayne plays to his potential he can single-handedly win a match like not many others in the NRL can.

Pressure Hayne and stop him is our best chance.

That game against Newcastle could have been just what we needed going into the titans game and then for our run in to the end of season

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Team V Titans

1: Dufty
2. Nene
3.Dugan
4. Lafai
5. Nighty
6. Widdop
7. Mann
8. Lam
9. McInnes
10. Packer
11. Friz
12. Thompson
13. JDB

14. Sims
15. Sele
16. Leilua
17. Lawrie

18. Host
19. McCrone
20. Aitken
21. Kerr

Why is McGroan so far up the List?
Why is he on the list?
Why is he still in first grade?
Why is he still at the club?
Why.......?

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Team V Titans

1: Dufty
2. Nene
3.Dugan
4. Lafai
5. Nighty
6. Widdop
7. Mann
8. Lam
9. McInnes
10. Packer
11. Friz
12. Thompson
13. JDB

14. Sims
15. Sele
16. Leilua
17. Lawrie

18. Host
19. McCrone
20. Aitken
21. Kerr
Like it actually love it but, but,but Mary hates it wish you were the coach

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Sammy, can you tell us what he was saying?

ALSGI
Minus the swearing.
It was about what it means to wear the jersey.
How they were letting down the team , The supporters and themselves.
And The saints history. And that they had to earn respect
And to stop being fing soft ect.
Rusty ran passed me his eyes were
Well scary
Duges was also pumping them up.
But tommo was still giving to them on the field as well.

ALSGI

Bench
ALSGI
Minus the swearing.
It was about what it means to wear the jersey.
How they were letting down the team , The supporters and themselves.
And The saints history. And that they had to earn respect
And to stop being fing soft ect.
Rusty ran passed me his eyes were
Well scary
Duges was also pumping them up.
But tommo was still giving to them on the field as well.
Nice.
Thanks Sammy.

Latest posts