What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 17: Eels V. Tigpies Team List

lingard

Coach
At the risk of being named all sorts of things, i would say there might be some sense to Opa being on the bench.

We are light in the middle this week with no Jnr ... Marata must play in the middle (dont wanna rely on maka and rodwell for big mins) .... marata would normally be the dude to slide to centre IF an outside back gets injured, but thats not an option this week .... so prob need an outside back to cover on the bench.

As for why no Nrown to play decent middle minutes? ..... well f**k me, I dont know - BA you dumb f**k!

I'd like to call you all sorts of things, but I can't remember their names.

84 Baby

Referee
I'd like to call you all sorts of things, but I can't remember their names.
2ddfb8e1-ef0b-4603-b88c-7e63028a3682_text.gif

hindy111

Post Whore
I still feel defense being our weakness it's best to pick better defensive players. Starting to think Opacic needs a spot starting at centre. Marata,Matterson,Lane starting with Papali'i on the bench.
I'd also prefer N.Brown over Makatoa. Even if the club don't want him next year it's mind boggling Makatoa is being picked before him.

hindy111

Post Whore
People bag Sivo but he has gone ok. His game against the Roosters showed some of his powerfull runs we had missed and what he can do. Sure he may not every single game but Simmonson is not capable ever of having those in a season.

Sivo has had 3 games since and ACL. Wait till rnd 22 inwards and you'll see him much sharper.

Wally21

Bench
I still feel defense being our weakness it's best to pick better defensive players. Starting to think Opacic needs a spot starting at centre. Marata,Matterson,Lane starting with Papali'i on the bench.
I'd also prefer N.Brown over Makatoa. Even if the club don't want him next year it's mind boggling Makatoa is being picked before him.
Hindy Nrown must of laughed at super coach for being bald or something…

eels_fan

First Grade
By all accounts Matto is going to miss with his ribs once again.

So I’m assuming that will likely see Marata move to 13, and Kaufusi take up his spot in the front row.

Leaves us with a bench of

Maka
Opacic
Rodwell

and one of JA, Emu, Perham or Russell

I can’t see us playing 2 outside backs on the bench so that excludes Perham and Russell. JA would only make the Squad is Dyl/Mitch have picked up injuries and can’t play.

so Emu come on down I guess….

Gazzamatta

Coach
Surely Brown is the best option available??? Surely winning games is more important than pushing players out the door???

Shows what a stubborn douchebag BA is if Brown is not named on the bench.
Im surprised but then again Im not really.

Gronk

Staff member
Surely Brown is the best option available??? Surely winning games is more important than pushing players out the door???

Shows what a stubborn douchebag BA is if Brown is not named on the bench.
Im surprised but then again Im not really.
I bet you $1 that if Matto is out Brown will come straight in.

Otherwise you would need to shift Marata to lock and start either Makka, Oregon or Emu as prop. <shudders>

No, Pappa is not a starting prop.

hineyrulz

Post Whore

Otherwise you would need to shift Marata to lock and start either Makka, Oregon or Emu as prop. <shudders>

No Pappa is not a starting prop.
I agree, hopefully this is what BA does. We’ll find out how out of favour Browny really is.

Gazzamatta

Coach

No, Pappa is not a starting prop.
You reckon he wont try to squeeze JA in somewhere? 😁

Gazzamatta

Coach
Good interview with The Lane Train. Mentioned the Eels style of footy is hard on the body. Very honest stuff.
BAs Captains Run interview is a replay of an old one Im sure.