What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 17 - Rabbitohs vs Sea Eagles: Saturday 13th July 3:00pm @ANZ Stadium

callmack1

Staff member
After a week off over the bye, I am so looking forward to this!!! Hopefully the boys will be refreshed after the bye and ready to knuckle down for the second half of the Season. I feel that we really need a win or we will start to find ourselves slipping down the ladder.

This won't be easy at all. There's a chance some of the Origin boys may be rested and Manly are an incredibly good side in my opinion that is capable of beating anyone on their day, especially if Turbo Tom fires.

Thankfully, we should get Sam back this week I hope which will be a big boost.

Do we think our Origin stars will be rested?

callmack1

Staff member
My predicted Line Up for this week,

There is a possibility that our Origin guys will be rested and AJ will be out so I'm going to list who I think will be named first and then the player that could take their place if they're out due to Origin/injury.

1. Johnston/Doueihi
2. Gagai/Allan
3. Roberts
4. Burns
5. Graham
6. Walker
7. Reynolds
8. Tatola
9. Cook/Brittain
10. Knight
11. Sutton
12. S.Burgess (C)
13. Murray/ Turner

15. Su'A
15. Nicholls
16. Britt
17. Amone

There are reports from people that have been at training this week that Doueihi was training at which leads me to believe that AJ is out and AD will be at fullback.

Guess we'll find out very soon.

callmack1

Staff member
Round 17 NRL Line Up to play Sea Eagles: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2019/07/09/round-17-nrl-line-up-to-play-sea-eagles/

Pretty happy with that Line Up obviously. Doueihi at fullback is an interesting selection as Allan hasn't done much wrong to get dropped in my opinion. Hopefully Adam can do the job back there, he played one game for us at fullback last year against the Sharks from memory and went really well. Guys like Brittain and Allan have been named on an extended bench but based on the fact that they have also been named in the Canterbury Cup side, I now expect all our Origin guys to back up.

Travitoh

First Grade
Round 17 NRL Line Up to play Sea Eagles: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2019/07/09/round-17-nrl-line-up-to-play-sea-eagles/

Pretty happy with that Line Up obviously. Doueihi at fullback is an interesting selection as Allan hasn't done much wrong to get dropped in my opinion. Hopefully Adam can do the job back there, he played one game for us at fullback last year against the Sharks from memory and went really well. Guys like Brittain and Allan have been named on an extended bench but based on the fact that they have also been named in the Canterbury Cup side, I now expect all our Origin guys to back up.

Allan hasn't really done a lot to get another crack either really. Might have a big future but at the moment, doesn't seem to bring a lot to the side.

Strong side but the recent run of results could make this game tougher. Like winning, losing can become a habit and we've dropped the last 4 while Manly have won their last 3.
I want to tip a win but not overly confident tbh.

Pauly1

Juniors
How many chances is Bennet going to give to Campbell Graham.He is riddled with errors.
He gets smashed every week and drops balls on par with the Burgi bros.
Prefer Allan on the wing.

handyman2190

Bench
I’ve noticed looks like the kid is down on confidence hopefully he shines again very soon as we know he can :pray::pray::thumbsup:
At the end of the day he is 19,young, he needs mentoring and some practice under high balls and a reminder about holding the ball tight. They should get walker who needs practice to kick high balls at him.

Pauly1

Juniors
At the end of the day he is 19,young, he needs mentoring and some practice under high balls and a reminder about holding the ball tight. They should get walker who needs practice to kick high balls at him.
He needs practice and mentoring

Pauly1

Juniors
He needs practice and mentoring
Mentoring in Canterbury cup.
If I was the opposing coach ,I would send all my traffic towards him.
The kid is down on confidence and its not right to expose him to his weaknesses at this stage of his career .
Hope he shines on Saturday

GloryGlory

Juniors
Was thinking Jaydn Sua would have been somewhere in the 17 still think we will :thumbsup:
After last nights 80 minute performance I would think Ethan Lowe will get a rest on Saturday and Su'A will come up to the 17. Given Sammy is underdone I wouldn't be surprised to see Amone on the bench in place of Turner as well, we might need an extra burst of power through the strong Manly pack and Amone would have a point to prove after not getting a start with Manly last year

I thought that outside of the two full backs Cook and Lowe were best on field last night and Murray's second half effort was the turning point for NSW digging deep in to the line and providing quality ball back to the halves with space and time to ask questions of the QLD defense. We have a tricky run home but when you look at ladder position most of our games are against middle of the ladder teams, if we can get these guys performing that well for the rest of the season Walker and Reynolds will have a party

After last nights 80 minute performance I would think Ethan Lowe will get a rest on Saturday and Su'A will come up to the 17. Given Sammy is underdone I wouldn't be surprised to see Amone on the bench in place of Turner as well, we might need an extra burst of power through the strong Manly pack and Amone would have a point to prove after not getting a start with Manly last year

I thought that outside of the two full backs Cook and Lowe were best on field last night and Murray's second half effort was the turning point for NSW digging deep in to the line and providing quality ball back to the halves with space and time to ask questions of the QLD defense. We have a tricky run home but when you look at ladder position most of our games are against middle of the ladder teams, if we can get these guys performing that well for the rest of the season Walker and Reynolds will have a party

Fergo had a night out.

assess5

Juniors

Lowe did not miss a tackle, did not drop the ball, did not get penalised. If only the other Souths forwards, like Liam Knight, and the Burgess bros. played as well.

Lowe did not miss a tackle, did not drop the ball, did not get penalised. If only the other Souths forwards, like Liam Knight, and the Burgess bros. played as well.

I think the league world thought Lowe was solid but not origin class and then once given the opportunity something in him clicked.

I think the balance of the side without origin stars hasn’t been where it should be. Gags must be finished in rep footy.

The club has been to market, has been overseas, there’s obviously some substantial transitioning and redeployment going on behind the scenes.

I could be wrong, but I think latrell will be back with a vengeance, but Cody’s path is uncertain.

Lowe’s origin game was exceptional. Most of us were laughing to see him run out, but he sure showed us up. Cook was sublime. Cameron Murray will be the best forward in the game in 2 years and may dominate for another 5-7.

Having seen Crichton last week, he’s on the up big time. He’s never been close to his rabbit form at easts. Heaven knows what they’ve done to him. I will tell you what though, he is a good decent kind of bloke.

Latest posts