What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 17 - Rabbitohs vs Storm: Friday 4th September 7:55pm @ANZ Stadium

callmack1

Staff member
Righteo it's time to look forward to another absolutely massive game this week. We're back at home up against the Melbourne Storm in what will be a huge occasion. Everyone knows our record against Melbourne, it's not great, and I think we've only beaten them about five times ever. This week is a chance to change that. It's also a massive week for the obvious reason that this is going to be our biggest test of the year so far. Melbourne are a competition heavyweight and are oe of the teams to beat so this game is really going to show us where we're at, even more so than last week.

The Storm are a seriously good side there's no doubt about that. They are the benchmark for consistency and seem to be right up there every year. This year is no different so it's certainly not going to be easy. There seems to be quality all over the park and it really doesn't matter where you look, you won't find an average player. Papenhuyzen, Addo-Carr, Munster, Hughes, Bromwich, Smith, the list just goes on and on so we certainly need to be at our best on Friday. For this reason, I don't really think there is a 'key battle' this week. We just have to be on right across the board. Obviously it starts with our forwards matching there's but then our backs have to do just as good a job. It's going to be a big challenge but I really hope we're up to it.

Looking at us, we should take a huge amount of confidence from the past few weeks and I hope we roll into this week focussed and ready to go, we need to. In saying that, we can't get too far ahead of ourselves despite the good form because as I said, this week is the week we'll really find out where we're at. Latrell is a big loss and it's going to be tough to make the transition without him in such a massive week but we can't let it be a distraction. We must have a 'next man up, business as usual' mentality. In the game, once again we must complete highly. Melbourne will almost certainly punish us if we keep dropping the pill. Obviously, attack has to continue to improve and I'd still like to see our defence go to another level. Going to be a big test of those aspects on Friday night.

Something else that makes an already big occasion absolutely massive is the fact that Reyno will reach legendary status on Friday night as he plays his 200th NRL match, all with us. What a monumentus occasion and a huge achievement for our little general.

So yea, you don't need me to tell you how big this will be. I know the boys can do it!!!

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Again, like the first game, Munster is the key, we let him loose in the 2nd half, and got beat. MUST MUST contain him.

Also need to move those big Storm ffowards side to side like we did against Parra.

And not drop the ball like our first game this year!

callmack1

Staff member

callmack1

Staff member
Here's my predicted Line Up for Round 17,

1. Johnston
2. Allan
3. Graham
4. Gagai
5. Paulo
6. Walker
7. Reynolds (C)
8. Tatola
9. Cook
10. Burgess
11. Su'A
12. Sironen
13. Murray

14. Nicholls
15. Knight
16. Mago
17. Koloamatangi

This is what I think will get named tomorrow. For me, I'd much prefer Allan at fullback this week but I think Wayne will name AJ back there with Corey on the wing. Gags returns in place of Marsters (who is unlucky to miss out) and the rest of the squad will be unchanged I reckon.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I’m very excited to say I will be at the game getting right behind the boys.

I have faith we can take it right up to the Storm, I believe in the boys.

Should be a good atmosphere, hopefully plenty of our members get out there. ANZ currently we can have a capacity of 10,000 due to COVID and it’d be nice to see us get close to that mark.

callmack1

Staff member
I’m very excited to say I will be at the game getting right behind the boys.

I have faith we can take it right up to the Storm, I believe in the boys.

Should be a good atmosphere, hopefully plenty of our members get out there. ANZ currently we can have a capacity of 10,000 due to COVID and it’d be nice to see us get close to that mark.

Definitely a big occasion mate!!

callmack1

Staff member
Round 17 Line Up vs Storm: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2020/09/01/round-17-line-up-vs-storm/

Pretty happy with that Line Up. Latrell is obviously a loss and I personally would have liked to see Allan at fullback but AJ has proven he can do a job and I'm sure that'll be no different this week. Will also be great to have Gags back in an otherwise unchanged side.

So yea, good Line Up this week dispite our injuries!

callmack1

Staff member

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
"It's an honour and a privilege playing all at the one club." - Reynolds: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2020/09/01/adam-reynolds-round-17-media/

"It's the right challenge at the right time." - Knight: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2020/09/01/liam-knight-round-17-media/

Hmmmm, Wayne may be foxing with the Line Up he named today. From reports elsewhere, Allan trained at fullback today and now Reyno has just said Corey will be playing fullback. That's good news.
Yep sounds like it

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/so...l-s-tough-gig-for-souths-20200901-p55re9.html

Rabbits20

Immortal
Glad to hear re Allan, it seems Bennett is listening to what the Souths members and fans all over social media and all want. It only makes sense to play Allan in his best position which is fullback and AJ in his best position which is wing.

Glad to see a settled line up apart from that. Hopefully Gags is all good to go as well.

Thumper

Juniors
Glad to hear re Allan, it seems Bennett is listening to what the Souths members and fans all over social media and all want. It only makes sense to play Allan in his best position which is fullback and AJ in his best position which is wing.

Glad to see a settled line up apart from that. Hopefully Gags is all good to go as well.

A bit ridiculous to think a coach would listen to fans about positions.

Thumper

Juniors
Allan's solid but he's to slow, the world can see that.

Allen is very slow. Nothing surprises me when it come to coaches and selections.
I remember watching fetuli Talanoa run around first grade for 2 year like a moron and we had kids like josh Mansour killing it in the 20’s and they couldn’t get a game.